Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I'd rather see LeBron and the Heat pull a fivepeat before I'd want OKC to ring even once. the Thunder!
    Yep, gotta agree with that. Durant's the only ok guy on that team. Westbrook, Adams, Fisher, Ibaka, Perkins, can't stand them all...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn't compare to Shaq's Lakers. There seemed to be no end in sight for that
    This,,,,if the Lakers would have crushed the Pistons like everyone thought they would,,,,Shaq wouldnt have been traded and they probably win 5 or 6 les. Unbearable and many thanks to Detroit for rising up to the challenge.
    Last edited by HemisfairArena; 05-21-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    What if the Clippers face off against the Kang in the Finals?
    Then sorry Bron, but you're gonna have to take an L

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This,,,,if the Lakers would have crushed the Pistons like everyone thought they would,,,,Shaq wouldnt have been traded and they probably win 5 or 6 les. Unbearable and many thanks to Detroit for rising up to the challenge.
    Naw. The Lakers were already splintering and if they somehow went on to win those finals it would've been blown up anyhow. Karl Malone would go on banging 18 year Latinas, Payton would have his ring and split somewhere and the acrimonious Shaq/Kobe co-habitation would have finally ended its run. They could barely co-exist through a 3-peat and there's no way it would've been without its victims if they beat the Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Lakers and Celtics fan so I have more rings than anyone here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw. The Lakers were already splintering and if they somehow went on to win those finals it would've been blown up anyhow. Karl Malone would go on banging 18 year Latinas, Payton would have his ring and split somewhere and the acrimonious Shaq/Kobe co-habitation would have finally ended its run. They could barely co-exist through a 3-peat and there's no way it would've been without its victims if they beat the Pistons.
    I respectfully disagree.If the Lakers beat Detroit,,Kobe sees MJ's legacy in sight and never threatens to sign with the Clippers,,,keeping Shaq in LA. Phil Jackson sticks around(he left 3 days after losing to the Pistons) and Malone and Paytons spots are filled with two new veterans wanting to ring.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I respectfully disagree.If the Lakers beat Detroit,,Kobe sees MJ's legacy in sight and never threatens to sign with the Clippers,,,keeping Shaq in LA. Phil Jackson sticks around(he left 3 days after losing to the Pistons) and Malone and Paytons spots are filled with two new veterans wanting to ring.
    I respectfully respectfully disagree with your disagreement. Phil said he was in a need of a break and the trying times of Bryant's rape situation and his throwing of Shaq under the bus were pretty much the death knell. There were also the mumblings of Shaq not wanting to deal with the circus that was Kobe at the time and even if they had won, I think he would've forced his way out just on the principle that he could not deal with the ego and confrontational nature of Kobe. Unless you can tell me that Kobe would've shifted mindsets and have curtailed his unwavering need to be in control, I believe that 2004 would've been the dissolution of the Shaq/Kobe/Jackson Lakers. But, it is all relative. If the Lakers learned to stick together, you all would've been missing 1 or maybe 2 of the championships you have now. We'd also have a softer blow of Jim Buss to be honest...well, nothing can really make up for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love all teams. i'm a winner no matter what happens

Thread Information