Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the supporting cast is simply awful. im not talking kobe's cast i mean the support of kobe pau bynum. the only guy i could see making another nba squad is barnes and mcroberts. everyone else would be lucky to be in the Dleague.
    Blake hasn't been bad while he wasn't injured either... he's just been average... which is what you expect from Blake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it is, I'm not going to debate his greatness. Is Duncan or Manu not great because of (8)? that is a silly argument. We are a above average team with a top 5 player and some very skilled but slow bigs. Our deep shooting is crap, and we have few players that can penetrate.
    If you give Duncan two top 10 players at their position (the most important position in the game) then yes.

I find it amusing how you constantly knock your bigs when Kobe has two of the top 10 bigs in the game and BY FAR the best front court duo in the league.

If you are a top 5 player, and you have two other top 20 players with you, there are no excuses from a talent standpoint. Look at MIA. Their role players (lol Curry, lol injured Miller, lol Cole, lol washed up Shane, lol joel anthony) suck but they have a similar talent build in their big 3.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blake hasn't been bad while he wasn't injured either... he's just been average... which is what you expect from Blake
    we'll he isnt healthy now is he? even when he was giving the lakers his team leading 7 bench points they were pretty low on the total accross the nba pretty much making my point. he is missed a ton though. it is rather emblematic of the situation that his injury has destroyed the team

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you give Duncan two top 10 players at their position (the most important position in the game) then yes.

I find it amusing how you constantly knock your bigs when Kobe has two of the top 10 bigs in the game and BY FAR the best front court duo in the league.

If you are a top 5 player, and you have two other top 20 players with you, there are no excuses from a talent standpoint. Look at MIA. Their role players (lol Curry, lol injured Miller, lol Cole, lol washed up Shane, lol joel anthony) suck but they have a similar talent build in their big 3.
    WTF? Not sure if serious but:

Lebron is the most dominant player in the game. You can debate Wade or Kobe on having superior skills but as far as impact goes maybe only Dwight or Rose are in his class. Wade (many on here including you) have argued is better than Kobe at this point. And Bosh is probably Pau's equal. they both do some different things well ...Bynum can be a force no doubt about it but at this point out of those 6 he is clearly #6. On top of that Cole is better than Morris, and was drafted higher and more accomplished in college. Battier, Miller, Jones and Chalmers are better than Artest, Barnes, Kapono and Fisher ...

how can you even argue the teams are comparable? Bynum is better than Anthony, and McRoberts may be better than Haslem as an energy big off the bench (Haslem is struggling) Besides starting C and SG every other match-up favors the Heat. and center is our only clear advantage,

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the supporting cast is simply awful. im not talking kobe's cast i mean the support of kobe pau bynum. the only guy i could see making another nba squad is barnes and mcroberts. everyone else would be lucky to be in the Dleague.
    Haven't seen much of artest this year but hes fallen to dleague level? I guess its not too far fetched, he was pretty bad last year too.

Murphy hasn't looked good either huh? Crazy how he was a 14 and 11 guy 2 years ago.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also Duncan had a top 3 SG, and a top 8 PG and still got beat by Memphis DPG, so what is your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kobe is top 5 like you say and he has two top 10 bigs they are comparable big 3's. I'm not saying Mia isn't better, I'm saying the big 3's are comparable enough (if Kobe is truly top 5) and their benches both suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Duncan had a top 3 SG, and a top 8 PG and still got beat by Memphis DPG, so what is your point?
    Spurs fans aren't claiming duncan is a top 5 player, that sg had a broken arm and a top 8 pg isn't anything close to two top 10 bigs with regard to impact.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    sg had a broken arm
    Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu had a broken arm.

Almost Phil would never play a like Bonner. I understand that Fisher is kind of useless too but at least hes a leader, has balls, and can make clutch shots.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Kobe is top 5 like you say and he has two top 10 bigs they are comparable big 3's. I'm not saying Mia isn't better, I'm saying the big 3's are comparable enough (if Kobe is truly top 5) and their benches both suck.
    How you figure?

Bynum is a default type starting all-star center, Pau a solid to borderline one. Kobe is a top 5 range player.

Lebron and Wade (before Wade got hurt) were considered two of the best players in the game. I would rather have Wade and Lebron when healthy over any other big 3 on any one team in the league right now. Add Bosh and they are not comparable to any other big 3 in the league right now ...Lakers included.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Manu had a broken arm.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Killa, do not fall into the trap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sir, are a gentleman and scholar.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Killa, do not fall into the trap
    Appreciate ya, but my team has me feeling combative ...

I actually am glad that DPG keeps shoveling this ...I see he is trying to set up this as the Duncan would not fail with ...

But analysts are starting to see the light ...I have seen 3 say recently they NOW know why kobe is shooting so much.

So far Lakers as NOT being le contenders, Hornets/clips trade being no good, Minny being improved, Mavs making a mistake and Gallo being a good prospect are all things I have been on the mark about this season ...so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who ing cares if the Lakers are going bad?!?

KOBE GOT OVER 30 pts! That's what matters!

[/sarcasm]

Jokes aside, Kobe was pretty good.
    The guy would seriously be in GOAT contention... too bad his shot selection is terrible.
    And I'm being generous. It's beyond terrible. It's, dunno, non-existant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2011 Duncan was nowhere close to being the player of the decade he once was. When he was still at that level AND Manu & Parker had reached their potential (05-09)...his teams won 2 les and had some of the best records in the NBA year in and year out. They were never as bad as Kobes team is this year. Why? Duncan made his teammates better, defensively as an anchor and offensively as a nlgga that would unselfishly kick the ball out when teams collapsed on him in the post. Kobe on the other hand prefers to lolligag on defense and shoot 25-30 shots on offense. Kobes desire to chase personal glories is sad tbh. I can understand a Lakerfan glorifying Magic or KAJ but glorifying a selfish got like Kobe just makes yall look pathetic tbh. I feel bad for you nlggas, smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers have the best front court in the game, but they lack the 3 point shooting needed to keep defenses honest. Without the fear of the 3 teams could just collapse the post on the Lakers regardless of how many times Kobe dumps the ball down low.

I do agree Kobe's shot selection has been poor, but even if he plays within the offense the results would not be much better this season. Aside from the front court the Lakers simply have a weak team. Wholesale changes should have been made after Dallas dismantled them. I personally did not like the Chris Paul trade, I think they should have traded Pau Gasol for multiple pieces and took their chances building around Bynum unless they could swing a deal for Dwight Howard. They need to get younger and more athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers have the best front court in the game, but they lack the 3 point shooting needed to keep defenses honest. Without the fear of the 3 teams could just collapse the post on the Lakers regardless of how many times Kobe dumps the ball down low.
    Pau Gasol has been asked to shoot the 3 now

Pau Matt Gasol Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kinda sad to see the Lakers become a team of mostly irrelevant, TOSBs so fast. I mean even the Spurs (lol spurs) will probably go deeper in the playoffs Despite missing Ginobili for all but 5 games, the Spurs are 3 games above .500 and the Lakers are 1 back in the loss column and not even in playoff seeding right now. Keep chucking 30 shots a game Kobe. If he ever figures out he has the best frontline tandem in the NBA, the rest of us may be in trouble

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I admit their horrid 3 point shooting is not helping the spacing, giving Pau and s less room to operate. What happened to Murphy/Kobe/Fisher/Artest? These guys used to be pretty decent 3pt shooters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I admit their horrid 3 point shooting is not helping the spacing, giving Pau and s less room to operate. What happened to Murphy/Kobe/Fisher/Artest? These guys used to be pretty decent 3pt shooters
    3pt champion and savior Kapono getting little run too, IIRC.... the problem is that there's only one ball and a set amount of shots per game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah forgot about that guy Perhaps if Kobe would quit desperately trying to pass Jordan, some of these guys could get some burn. lol 40+ minutes in a blowout loss the other night

Thread Information