Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go out of my way to pick holes in timvp'sposts sometimes....but either timvp has changed or most of you have lost touch with reality, cuz you guys are smoking crack if you been watching this team and expected Parker to go toe to toe with Rose.
    So Spurs fans are crazy to think a finals MVP playing the best basketball of his career that is a top 5 PG should have gone toe to toe with a ringless, proven big moment choker that was on a back to back and suffered a horrific in game knee injury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a sub par game...nothing more and nothing less. Seriously, sbc...your takes have really gone to since you left the Wire.
    Thats all Im saying, he had a subpar game in a game he had to come up big for the Spurs to pull out the win. Therefore the loss falls on him. Whyre people so defensive when it comes to Parker ?

He should have been closer than he was tonight.

CoP calls me CoM, CoM calls me CoP. I'm either both or neither, tbh.
    Much closer.

And youve been pretty CoP this season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    suffered a horrific in game knee injury
    DPG attempting to troll the posters he's supposed to troll. No surprises here.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron James would like a word with you.
    Yeah, the best player in the planet, who's 6'8" and 280 (maybe bigger) and as quick as Rose would like a word with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, it's difficult to be CoM when he's been in a sportcoat 90% of the season. Hopefully I get a chance to rile up CoP but Manu's going to have to play a couple games in a row first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not much of a choice so far this season, tbh ...

-CoM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No shame to have a sub-par game against a top team. The only criticism I have on Tony, is when going against elite pgs, he tends to try and match them offensively, which leads him to sometimes take questionable shots. I saw some of that tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG attempting to troll the posters he's supposed to troll. No surprises here.
    I'm just here to talk basketball

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats all Im saying, he had a subpar game in a game he had to come up big for the Spurs to pull out the win. Therefore the loss falls on him. Whyre people so defensive when it comes to Parker ?
    He spent the whole ing road trip coming up big. Why on him after one bad game? It's not like they crapped the bed against some cupcake team and they still don't have Manu.

Parker just spent the whole month of February coming up big on the road. Giving him after one game is pretty lame tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Spurs fans are crazy to think a finals MVP playing the best basketball of his career that is a top 5 PG should have gone toe to toe with a ringless, proven big moment choker that was on a back to back and suffered a horrific in game knee injury?
    basketball is about match ups dude. Parker has been playing the best ball of his career, from a spurs centric standpoint....but to say he can score as much and defend as well as a player who is bigger, longer, faster,.more athletic, a better three shooter, and is so damn good heis the reigning league MVP, is silly. Especially considering that most of us watching realize Parker is not the athlete he was, and his excellent play recently is more smarts based. You can't expect smarts to overcome such stark physical discrepancies....

This was a bad match up for Parker. Good news is that wet don't have to worry about matching up with the bulls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He spent the whole ing road trip coming up big. Why on him after one bad game? It's not like they crapped the bed against some cupcake team and they still don't have Manu.

Parker just spent the whole month of February coming up big on the road. Giving him after one game is pretty lame tbh.
    Another spoiled Spursfan, nothing new to see here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was just an off game, alright but tonight definitely proved once and for all one fact some Spurs fans have forgotten this year: Manu IS flat out our team's best player, our best big game player and has been our best player for the past 5 years going forward. Yes, the team has played well without Manu for most of the season but it's a small sample size and it doesn't mean jack in the playoffs. If we are to win the le this year, it will be with a healthy Manu winning the NBA Finals MVP, just as he rightfully deserved to have in the '05 Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

haters will continue to hate as long they find something to hate about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if DPG is trolling I fell for it hook line and sinker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    basketball is about match ups dude. Parker has been playing the best ball of his career, from a spurs centric standpoint....but to say he can score as much and defend as well as a player who is bigger, longer, faster,.more athletic, a better three shooter, and is so damn good heis the reigning league MVP, is silly. Especially considering that most of us watching realize Parker is not the athlete he was, and his excellent play recently is more smarts based. You can't expect smarts to overcome such stark physical discrepancies....

This was a bad match up for Parker. Good news is that wet don't have to worry about matching up with the bulls.
    Gotcha b*tch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not ting on him, hes been playing great. Simply saying this loss is on him much like most of the wins prior to tonight were bc of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron James would like a word with you.
    Alright, one guy knows how. I'm just saying, stopping Rose isn't nearly as easy as OP is making it out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker gets owned by the reigning MVP who has the league's best defense behind him. The horror.

/thread....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker missed a lot of shots he usually makes. He also made some questionable out of control drives to the basket. Overall it was a poor game from Parker. If not for a huge 3rd from Tim, the Spurs get blown out.

It's kind of hard to pile on though considering he's been carrying this team for the past 2 months.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't TPs night. happens. Move on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker missed a lot of shots he usually makes. He also made some questionable out of control drives to the basket. Overall it was a poor game from Parker. If not for a huge 3rd from Tim, the Spurs get blown out.

It's kind of hard to pile on though considering he's been carrying this team for the past 2 months.
    The scary thing is that's what we were saying in the playoffs last year. We were waiting for Parker to recover and it never happened. The good news now is Parker is seeing the floor better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much why we lost this statement game tbh. I dont wanna hear this BS about the refs, bottom line is we needed Frenchie to step up big and offset Roses production especially with our best player out and he didnt do that. Everyone else on the team played relatively well except for him.
    So rose got every call while Tony was continually thrown to the ground without a whistle and you don't wanna hear about it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet in a bad night Parker was +3 and Rose +1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somewhat agreed but that doesn't mean TP played well. I don't care who he's playing, he's better than he was tonight & it's just one game, but he played bad and Rose played well. Bashing him for it is dumb, but stating the facts is not. Just seems like there are polar opposites with spur fan: hate TP or over protect TP.
    who is over protecting him ?

He had a bad game, don't think it deserved his own thread.

what have you done for me lately forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of people.

Thread Information