Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    No comment

'Hit! to be square' !

2nd part of Griffin/Bonnar talk

Post Count
    Hopefully Bonnar learned from Forrest and will actually try and rough Silva up.

prelims have been good so far

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Very glad to see Fitch put on a great and "exciting" performance. Silva is a young lion, and Fitch weathered it with veteran ease.

The Spider needs to fight Jones, even Joe Rogan agrees. No more bull , no one at MW can dethrone Silva. Jon Jones is all about fighting Chael now that the heat is turning up on the Silva fight, I hope the fans don't get twisted and think there's anything more amazing than a Silva/Jones fight.

Pointless fight tbhAnderson was just playing around. Bonnar is tough guy but that's about it. Not enough wrestling to take Anderson down and not enough striking to match Anderson's MT. To beat Anderson you have to take him to the ground and put some pressure in the G&P. Sonnen almost did in the 1st fight it and the only fighter nowdays with the skills and stamina to do it for 5 rounds is Jon Jones.Anderson is already 37. They have to make it happen before it's too late.

Post Count
    Main Event was just Silva toying with Bonnar as expected.. This was an epic gimme fight. Silva said he'd save the event if he was given a can. So the UFC called up a 35 year old top 30 LHW that was about to retire.

Really great card, although I was wrong on 2 picks, those 2 fights (Fitch/Silva & Big Nog/Herman) were still really exciting.

I agree Silva/Bones needs to happen.

Also who should Glover fight next?

Main Event was just Silva toying with Bonnar as expected.. This was an epic gimme fight. Silva said he'd save the event if he was given a can. So the UFC called up a 35 year old top 30 LHW that was about to retire.
    Spoken like a true moron

Post Count
    Spoken like a true moron
    Yes Bonnar is a stud at LHW.. I guess i missed it.. Clearly everyone was fired up about this fight..

Yes Bonnar is a stud at LHW.. I guess i missed it.. Clearly everyone was fired up about this fight..
    I am surprised you didn't point out that the location of the fight to boot. The UFC has the worlds elite fighters, Bonnar is no push over Silva is just that good. Hopefully well get a Silva/Jones fight. However I would rather see Jones/Teixeira or Magalhaes. I like Magalhaes because I think Jones would struggle against a younger elite bjj guy. Sadly I think that match might be fought out on my xbox.

Post Count
    I am surprised you didn't point out that the location of the fight to boot. The UFC has the worlds elite fighters, Bonnar is no push over Silva is just that good. Hopefully well get a Silva/Jones fight. However I would rather see Jones/Teixeira or Magalhaes. I like Magalhaes because I think Jones would struggle against a younger elite bjj guy. Sadly I think that match might be fought out on my xbox.
    Bonnar is no pushover but he is no threat either at 205 or 85 really against great fighters.. He is 35 and never beat a top 10 fighter. He also was about to retire when his phone rang about Silva. Silva has always been careful about 205 opponents. The Jones fight will never happen, Silva has said over and over that he does not want that fight it is too big a risk...

Post Count
    This is sport and a sport these days is business.
    A fighter is talking about a risk when facing other fighter. Absolutely ridicules but it is what it is.

Gr8 card from top to bottom with an exception of two fights maybe

Post Count
    MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar - light heavyweight fight
    Nobody gives Bonnar chances. And that's the truth. He is lacking defense to overcome the standup of Silva. He needs to take the fight to the ground. He is bigger so he can be able to do this. All in all I do not know what to think of it. I want Stephan to win it and it's a fight so anything can happen. But 14-1 is 14-1.

Fabio Maldonado vs. Glover Teixeira
    This might be more compe ive fight then people think. But overall Glover should win.

Dave Herman vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Herman is y guy but IMO Nog will be able to take the fight to the ground and finish Dave there.
    Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva
    Absolutely interesting matchup. Fitch still is a top guy and rising star Eric Silva have great chance to go up the standings. His explosiveness will make the difference.

Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado

Demian Maia vs. Rick Story
    Very intriguing how the fight will go. Rick probably be able to keep the fight standing up and outclass Demian.
    I was so wrong with Maia. I picked like I'm not used to cause to me it was 50-50 and I like Demian more.
    He took Ricky to the ground and submitted him easily. He might do a little run in that tough division.
    Maybe he should fight Fitch next. Again I was wrong. Explosiveness of Silva had nothing to do in this battle,. John was a MONSTER! Fantastic fight, fantastic.

Phil Davis did what he had to do. Solid performance and a good timing. He might be the next one for Glover who as expected won convincingly but I was hoping that would be more compe ive outcome.

Hermann has no defense standing up. On the ground he was able to escape from some dangerous positions. But give Nog 10 chances and he will tap you out.

I do not even want to comment on that main event fight. I mean Bonnar went there and tried, but his tools are not top notch. Also bit rusty.
    nvm fvck Silva

Post Count

Post Count
    Silva's a coward. So dissapointed in most of the current champions. Do you think a guy like Dos Santos, Cain or Brock would have avoided people?

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Silva's a coward. So dissapointed in most of the current champions. Do you think a guy like Dos Santos, Cain or Brock would have avoided people?
    Yuck, why put in that sentence?

But no, they wouldn't. In fact, Jones and Silva are the only two I can think of that make a bad habit of it.

Stephan Bonnar (anabolic steroid), Dave Herman (marijuana) fail UFC 153 drug test -- mmafighting.com/2012/11/2/3591…

http://t.co/spaJ9KLC

Post Count
    LOL!!

Get your ass kicked and you tried to cheat Bonnar.. Well done sir..

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Stephan Bonnar (anabolic steroid), Dave Herman (marijuana) fail UFC 153 drug test -- mmafighting.com/2012/11/2/3591…

http://t.co/spaJ9KLC
    Boner had nothing to lose, really, but still a horrible way to end your career. As for Herman... he fought like he had been toking in the back room before the fight. I've never seen him look so ty.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Testing for weed is stupid.

Post Count
    Testing for weed is stupid.
    As for some other stuff

But yup. Good that tobacco is allowed

Thread Information