Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Hate to say it CC, but unless you send an actual letter with an actual stamp, I'll bet nobody read it. How did you like the 'bot' reply you received?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew better than to send it to the RNC. I sent it as an op-ed to the WSJ. Hopefully they read it and like it.
    Hope you get published. Great letter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to say it CC, but unless you send an actual letter with an actual stamp, I'll bet nobody read it. How did you like the 'bot' reply you received?
    As good as CC's letter is, this gets my vote for post of the thread.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Here's my letter to the RNC...

Dear RNC,

Thanks for exposing yourselves as a bunch of lying crooks by changing all the convention rules at the last second to ensure a Willard "victory".... it's a freeing feeling to no longer care about any candidate in your crook party, because none of them will ever get my vote from now on.... congrats on re-electing Obama, btw...

Sincerely,
    A Proud Libertarian

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    People often observe that the American voters are 'center-right'. What the RNC appears to have lost sight of is the 'center' part of that.
    As well as the "right" part of that, along with other things such as cons utionality, education, honesty, integrity, and basic human decency....

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to tell you this, CosmicCowboy but, if you're looking for a convention wrapped around a distraction of social issues, it isn't going to be the RNC. Head on up to Charlotte where they've lined up quite a stable of offended liberals.

Dem Convention becomes anti-Akin affair

I think the RNC conventions plans to be about the economy, jobs, and energy independence.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I think the RNC conventions plans to be about the economy, jobs, and energy independence.
    No, it's a corrupt coronation of Willard in which any dissenting views will be shut out, tbh..... just an echo chamber for neocons such as yourself, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "My circus is better than your circus"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, as ing reasonable as the OP was, we all knew some jackasses on all sides would trash it and pull the whole "the country will die a fiery death if the other side wins" bull . I am just glad that we got mostly through 2 pages before that started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's well turned, CC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but I guarantee you that if she chose to get an abortion and believed that was the best decision for her under the cir stances I would drive her to the doctor myself if necessary.
    I guarantee she, and you most likely, would be haunted by that decision for the rest of your lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The letter would be great if either party gave a dying rat's ass about any of that. It's all talking points. As you see with Obama the courage of their convictions fades quickly after they are sworn in.

Also, the crux of your letter is mostly "we cannot do anything about it so let's stop trying".

Let's put two of your suggestions together:

1. Forget trying to seal the border
    2. Forget fighting enemies in their countries

So now we have an even more porous border and enemies that have time to catch their breaths long enough to build against us again. So they send some nice gifts across our borders that aren't being guarded because only god fearing Mexicans with the best interest of our country are crossing and really want to be tax paying productive citizens instead of milking the system while remaining off the radar.

You cannot stop hammering these ass clowns in that hole in the Middle East. Yes we lose soldiers, it's the cost of doing business on a world scale.

What you propose, in fact, sounds more like something Ron Paul would propose and we all see how well he fares.

But let's cut to the heart of why it's futile: Money

Both sides make a ton of money for their wealthy contacts. Those wealthy contacts need to sell goods and services to a military that's at war because things always need to be replenished. They sell goods and services to border patrol and to the DEA. As long as there's a boogey man, there's going to be someone selling the goods and services to rid us of them, and like cancer the money is in treatment instead of a cure. As long as there's ongoing action there's incoming money and money elects money. This is how it's always been and how it will always be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guarantee she, and you most likely, would be haunted by that decision for the rest of your lives.
    I'm haunted by a lot of things. It's what makes us who we are. I don't run from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot stop hammering these ass clowns in that hole in the Middle East.
    Sure you can. We're playing whack-a-mole, and it's pointless. To really make an impact you need to turn Pakistan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, etc etc etc into one giant parking lot. And it's obviously not going to happen.

In the meantime, the risk of one er slipping through Mexico is still there. Heck, they were one sloppy guy away from blowing up Times Square.

I just can't agree with the notion that 'we took the fight there'... they're not really interested in fighting. They'll disappear... then they'll come back and hide again... and keep stretching this much like they did with Russia. The difference obviously is that it costs millions per day to the US, and it costs them next to nothing to pull that off.

And the bottom line is that nobody likes us there. Iraq is halfway back into the hole it was, and it'll only get worse. Now they're helping Iran sidestep the imposed sanctions...

Get the boots off the ground and put that money on more intelligence work, and get that over with. Declare victory and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The letter would be great if either party gave a dying rat's ass about any of that. It's all talking points. As you see with Obama the courage of their convictions fades quickly after they are sworn in.

Also, the crux of your letter is mostly "we cannot do anything about it so let's stop trying".

Let's put two of your suggestions together:

1. Forget trying to seal the border
    2. Forget fighting enemies in their countries

So now we have an even more porous border and enemies that have time to catch their breaths long enough to build against us again. So they send some nice gifts across our borders that aren't being guarded because only god fearing Mexicans with the best interest of our country are crossing and really want to be tax paying productive citizens instead of milking the system while remaining off the radar.

You cannot stop hammering these ass clowns in that hole in the Middle East. Yes we lose soldiers, it's the cost of doing business on a world scale.

What you propose, in fact, sounds more like something Ron Paul would propose and we all see how well he fares.

But let's cut to the heart of why it's futile: Money

Both sides make a ton of money for their wealthy contacts. Those wealthy contacts need to sell goods and services to a military that's at war because things always need to be replenished. They sell goods and services to border patrol and to the DEA. As long as there's a boogey man, there's going to be someone selling the goods and services to rid us of them, and like cancer the money is in treatment instead of a cure. As long as there's ongoing action there's incoming money and money elects money. This is how it's always been and how it will always be.
    And, the crux of your post is mostly "we cannot do anything about it so let's stop trying".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who should the fiscal conservative, social moderate vote for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BTW- Nice Letter...
    Last edited by Sportcamper; 08-27-2012 at 06:27 AM. Reason: TMI

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....don't forget to remind everyone that raped women can get pregnant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....don't forget to remind everyone that raped women can get pregnant.
    Only if they can figure out how to get around the Holy Involuntary Rape Force Shield.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who should the fiscal conservative, social moderate vote for?
    If one of us found out, would you be interested in knowing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I'm Gary Johnson, I'm just like Ron Paul except even more of a failure at effectively communicating my message.

Thread Information