Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kidding?,,,Im getting trolled,,,,no one educated thinks LeBron isnt the best SF of All Time,,,especially if LeBron 3 peats(something Bird never did and Bird only has 3 rings). LeBron is on pace to pass Kareem with most points of All Time,,,and more regular season MVP's than Bird and isn't even 30 yet,,,,LMAO.
    Larry built the Celtics. James joined another Champions team
    On pace. Ofcourse, his empty skull never attended college. Negative points for having low IQ
    MVPs are much easier to come by in todays NBA. Who were his main compe ors? Mello, Rose, Blake, Curry?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird had McHale, Parish, Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge,,,,dude still couldn't do what LeBron is doing now.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Larry built the Celtics.
    Larry didn't build , he had a good team built around him, unlike the garbage that LeBron was given to work with in Cleveland

Ofcourse, his empty skull never attended college. Negative points for having low IQ
    I seem to recall you being one of those dumbasses who ranks Kirby over LeBron.... so Kirby not attending college isn't held against him but for LeBron it is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry didn't build , he had a good team built around him, unlike the garbage that LeBron was given to work with in Cleveland

I seem to recall you being one of those dumbasses who ranks Kirby over LeBron.... so Kirby not attending college isn't held against him but for LeBron it is?
    Celtics lost 53 games before Bird joined. Following season won 61 without Parrish or McHale.

Kobe was cultured in Italy. James is ghetto trash, probably can't even read English.

Bird defeated Magic's Lakers, Dr.J's Sixers & Isiah's Pistons. James defeated Hibbert's Pacers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson
    Michael Jordan
    Scottie Pippen
    Tim Duncan
    Hakeem Olajuwon

The only thing that concerns me is that there are no deadeye shooters in that lineup. Other than that it's about perfect.
    Agreed

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

This was the starting lineup for A FINALS TEAM

Ira Newble
    Larry Hughes
    Drew Gooden

And people still want to deny the Kang's greatness....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is saying Bird isn't a bad ass,,,,he was. He had 56 triple/doubles in 13 years,,,,LeBron only has 36 in 11 years. But LeBron has climbed the All Time lists so much faster and on his way to 4 straight Finals appearances which the last team to do it was Bird's Celtics but they didn't 3 peat. Bird has 3 regular season MVP's,,,LeBron already has 4. This dude isn't close to being done. He could retire after this season and it would be an argument Bird vs. LeBron but dude is gonna play at least another 5-7 years barring injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG: Isiah ($3)
    SG: Jordan ($5)
    SF: Bird ($4)
    PF: KG ($1)
    C: Shaq ($2)

- Tons of defense. Ultimate scoring with Shaq & Jordan. Shooting with Bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This was the starting lineup for A FINALS TEAM

Ira Newble
    Larry Hughes
    Drew Gooden

And people still want to deny the Kang's greatness....
    Better than the 2001 Sixers and still didn't win a single game.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to rerun this with Duncan at $5. Makes it a good bit more difficult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll pay luxury tax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stockton
    Jordan
    Larry
    Tim
    Hakeem

Elite defence, elite post scoring, elite jumpshooting.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Hakeem at a buck is ridiculous.

Notice how EVERYONE takes him there at center? Likewise Stockton at 2 bucks is pretty much a "gimme".

Likewise, putting in players like Oscar, Russell and Wilt is stupid. No ones going to pick players that played in the pre-merger NBA. It was a different game and nobody remembers watching them anyway. Even Kareem is a boring pick.

Heres how I would have made the game:

C
    5 - Shaq
    4 - Hakeem
    3 - David Robinson
    2 - Patrick Ewing
    1 - Dwight Howard

PF

5 - Duncan
    4 - Malone
    3 - Barkley
    2 - KG
    1 - Dirk

SF
    5 - Lebron
    4 - Bird
    3 - Durant
    2 - Pippen
    1 - Pierce

SG
    5 - Jordan
    4 - Kobe
    3 - Dwayne Wade
    2 - Allen Iverson
    1 - Tracy McGrady

PG
    5 - Magic
    4 - Stockton
    3 - Kidd
    2 - Nash
    1 - Payton
    Last edited by da_suns_fan; 05-28-2014 at 10:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem at a buck is ridiculous.

Notice how EVERYONE takes him there at center? Likewise Stockton at 2 bucks is pretty much a "gimme".

Likewise, putting in players like Oscar, Russell and Wilt is stupid. No ones going to pick players that played in the pre-merger NBA. It was a different game and nobody remembers watching them anyway. Even Kareem is a boring pick.

Heres how I would have made the game:

C
    5 - Shaq
    4 - Hakeem
    3 - David Robinson
    2 - Patrick Ewing
    1 - Dwight Howard

PF

5 - Duncan
    4 - Malone
    3 - Barkley
    2 - KG
    1 - Dirk

SF
    5 - Lebron
    4 - Bird
    3 - Durant
    2 - Pippen
    1 - Pierce

SG
    5 - Jordan
    4 - Kobe
    3 - Dwayne Wade
    2 - Allen Iverson
    1 - Tracy McGrady

PG
    5 - Magic
    4 - Stockton
    3 - Kidd
    2 - Nash
    1 - Payton
    Stockton at 2 is not a gimme. Take away Karl Malone in those years he was with the Jazz and I guarantee you he'll be a crappy miserable player. Karl Malone made John Stockton who he is. Likewise, Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pipper to a certain extent made Michael Jordan who he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My first thought was Tim, Hakeem, Mike, Scottie, magic. But everyone has already said that.

What about. Stockton, Jordan, Lebron, KG, and Hakeem or Shaq.

Stockton over Isaiah(who is only a buck more) because of better passing/efficiency/defense. Jordan for obvious reasons. Lebron doesn't have to be the guy but is still a threat and play good defense. KG over dirk because with the many options for offense you can't afford to not have a good defender at this position. And anyone but Shaq or hakeem is a waste i think.

Obviously I would want Tim over KG and Magic over Stockton, but just wanted to make a list with Lebron due to his versatility and have no room left for tim when i want to keep Jordan but don't want Frazier because I don't know him really.

Btw, Was Jerry West considered a SG? I just saw him in a greatest PG list just after stockton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not then I'll take:

Stockton
    Wade
    Durant
    Duncan
    Shaq
    Why the would you take Wade when You have room for Jordan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another couple interesting lineups if positions don't matter:

Ultimate smallball:

PG: Thomas
    SG: Durant
    SF: Pippen
    PF: LeBron
    C: Nowitzki

Ultimate tallball:

PG: LeBron
    SG: Durant
    SF: Garnett
    PF: Nowitzki
    C: Kareem
    HAHAHA SHouldn't a small ball Center be at least decent on defense?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    HAHAHA SHouldn't a small ball Center be at least decent on defense?
    Nobody plays small ball for defensive purposes. If so, that's very rarely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw this on Twitter, might as well have SpursTalk have a hand at it...

PGs: $5 Magic; $4 Oscar; $3 Isiah; $2 Stockton; $1 Frazier
    SG: $5 Mike; $4 Kobe; $3 Jerry; $2 Clyde; $1 D-Wade
    SF: $5 LeBron; $4 Larry; $3 Julius; $2 KD; $1 Scottie
    PF: $5 Malone; $4 Charles; $3 Tim; $2 Dirk; $1 KG
    C: $5 Kareem; $4 Russell; $3 Wilt; $2 Shaq; $1 Hakeem

PG: $5 Magic
    SG: $4 Kobe
    SF: $2 KD
    PF: $3 Tim
    C: $1 Hakeem
    I see what you did there with Kobe, Kareem and Magic all more expensive than Tim, and putting Tim after Karl and Charles, but no. Just hope your team gets a decent 7th overall pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to rerun this with Duncan at $5. Makes it a good bit more difficult.
    Then I would definitely go Stockton, Jordan, Lebron, KG, Hakeem/SHaq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stockton at 2 is not a gimme. Take away Karl Malone in those years he was with the Jazz and I guarantee you he'll be a crappy miserable player. Karl Malone made John Stockton who he is. Likewise, Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pipper to a certain extent made Michael Jordan who he is.
    oh no, taking malone away from Stockton ... until you realize you are putting him on a team with MJ, Duncan, and Hakeem instead ... i'm sure he'll be fine

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I see what you did there with Kobe, Kareem and Magic all more expensive than Tim, and putting Tim after Karl and Charles, but no. Just hope your team gets a decent 7th overall pick.
    Don't be too dense pops, I didn't create the list myself. I'm never gonna rank Charles and Karl over Tim. Just pick with the $15 that you have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh no, taking malone away from Stockton ... until you realize you are putting him on a team with MJ, Duncan, and Hakeem instead ... i'm sure he'll be fine
    I guess I should've told you guys I'm evaluating the player based off of how good they are individually. It's just kind of hard to imagine the type of stats Stockton could put up without Malone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I should've told you guys I'm evaluating the player based off of how good they are individually. It's just kind of hard to imagine the type of stats Stockton could put up without Malone.
    we saw how effective stockton was when he had a great scorer/finisher, so i'm sure he'd do just as good if not better with the likes of MJ, Hakeem, Duncan. plus unlike Magic he provides some sort of spacing, and makes your own defensive assignments less tricky.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    we saw how effective stockton was when he had a great scorer/finisher, so i'm sure he'd do just as good if not better with the likes of MJ, Hakeem, Duncan. plus unlike Magic he provides some sort of spacing, and makes your own defensive assignments less tricky.
    Stockton was no great 1 on 1 defender he gets torched by every other PG on this list even Kidd who would rather pass . .plus GP Enrique and Cp3. John was a great compe or tough and good team defender

Thread Information