Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's making the case that if KL guards Curry, then Green can't guard Thompson.

I don't know one Spurs fan who's worried about that scenario. The worry is Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You take Green out and you have Parker cover the SG (whoever he is) of the Thunder.
    SO then you would take away our best 3-point threat and a lot of spacing away on the offensive end for a minor defensive upgrade(which i don't think it even would be) maybe individually against Durant, but not overall defense.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the victor go the spoils. This article is the equivalent of a sh** talk article; and for now, the Warriors can get away with it somewhat. I hope the Spurs play the Warriors and beat em in 4 or 5 and just put them back in their natural station.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can feel dat fear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3) A bit of meaningful math works in favor of the Warriors
    One of the many philosophies under which the Warriors operate on offense is that three points always beats two.
    The Spurs will lose Belinelli, who won the 3-point shootout during All-Star Weekend in 2014.
    No team is going to beat the Warriors shooting 2-pointers while struggling to contain their 3-point shooters.
    The Warriors, firing treys and playing ferocious defense and daring Aldridge to prove he can deliver in the clutch, will welcome the battle.
    asterisk, when in the has GSW won a Playoff series against SA? how that math is in favor of the Guerriors?
    3 pointers, worst scheme ever... winning against a DLeague team shooting shoes ´n bricks while needing 6 games.
    thinking about repeating.
    David Lee was more useful than Bogutless and now he´s gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three points do beat two, but if you make three point shooters shoot 15% and then you make 50%-60% of your twos, then twos will beat threes. Besides, the dumb logic, Green is one of the best three point shooters in the league. He can more than make up for Belinelli's loss.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Lee for Gerald Wallace

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three points do beat two, but if you make three point shooters shoot 15% and then you make 50%-60% of your twos, then twos will beat threes. Besides, the dumb logic, Green is one of the best three point shooters in the league. He can more than make up for Belinelli's loss.
    The author forgot that the Spurs have Patty Mills. Sure Belinelli won the 3 point contest, but Patty has connected on more 3 point shots in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The author forgot that the Spurs have Patty Mills. Sure Belinelli won the 3 point contest, but Patty has connected on more 3 point shots in the playoffs.
    Hey, I forgot about Patty too. Between him, Green, Kawhi, and (hopefully) Manu, we have lots of firepower from three point range. Now if Diaw could hit them, that would be a game changer. Word is that Aldridge can make them...that would really open up the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters acting like they don't know the Wingstop brigade. The Warriors players and Kerr know what team gives them problems and beats them on the reg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did somebody suggest the Warriors would hand the le to the Spurs? Did anybody, anywhere think that? The Warriors are the champs, until somebody kicks their asses and takes the LOB from them. The writer may think that the Spurs are incapable of doing that, but I guarantee you neither Kerr nor the GS players think that way right now. If it comes down to those two teams in the WCF, it will be a dogfight. But, frankly, the writer is getting a little ahead of himself, because there are a BUNCH of strong teams in the West, and the Warriors will have to beat three of them. He's talking like it will be a cakewalk getting to the Finals.

Lots of people going out of their way to try and explain why the Spurs won't be as good as they look right now. That, in itself, is a good sign. They're whistling past the graveyard.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors had no one to matchup with Diaw... And our 6th best player will still take them to school...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors had the rare benefit of being healthy during the RS and playoffs. The injury bug gets everyone over and over, and will get them again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its fun to talk about this but we cannot forget the Thunder, the coaching change in OKC will likely have a similar effect as we saw in GS. Scott Brooks had no clue how to run an offense yet they still played very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting that the press in the Champs' home area feels the need to write an article justifying why they are still better. Guessing there's some fear going on there...
    Reveling in an NBA championship is SHORT in terms of national attention. Learned this in '99, when the Lakers hired PJ RIGHT after the Spurs won, and he make the * comment, then when the Lakers stole the spotlight with their 4 HOF lineup in '03...the Dubs are learning that lesson now - championships last forever, but the new season (beginning to crown the NEXT champion) starts immediately after the parade.

Lebron on the rise!
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I think the thing that should be scary about OKC is the possibility that Donovan can put those guys into something resembling an offensive structure that is intended to reduce the alternating isolations in favor of movement that will create good looks for them and allow them to create good looks for their teammates.

If Durant is whole physically and Donovan can implement a real offensive system there, they will be a for anyone to beat.
    No. OKC is not ringing. Durant is already bolting them next Summer. Their front office ed up too many times. Too little too late. You are treating this team like the 2010 Cavs. We all know the end game for this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FNQForum Mod
    Posts: 35,387And1: 618Joined: Jul 16, 2006Location: De-funked Re: How to beat the Spurs?

Post#5 » by FNQ » Today 5:08 pm
    On a Spurs site somewhere: "How do we stop Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson?"

I dont think they can out-efficiency us. We're too good from deep. Even if they do the Green-Kawhi-Parker shuffle again, we shouldn't have a problem with Bogut and Green setting mean picks.

LMAO (Setting mean picks) - STUPID WARRIOR FANS... Asterisk

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three reasons they will...

1. Tim Duncan
    2. Kawhi Leonard
    3. LaMarcus Aldridge

Seis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can play them any match-up they want. Small ball with lma kawhi green manu mills. Regular with Tim lma/bobo west. And their bros are wingstop's es

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF are those es talking about?!? We just replaced Baynes and Tiago with David West and LaMarcus ING Aldridge, re-signed FMVP/DPOY and Verde. WTF?

Same dumbheads as warriorsworld. Same.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    analyzing matchups in July, wow..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really scared of them. We always play them well.

Kinda like how Mavs always play us well. IMO
    Not really, Spurs beat the Mavs over 10 straight games or so at one point and beat them the last two times in the playoffs. When healthy last year they dusted them off as well. They played us well in that series though, agreed on that part. They beat the Mavs though, Warriors don't beat the Spurs usually.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reveling in an NBA championship is SHORT in terms of national attention. Learned this in '99, when the Lakers hired PJ RIGHT after the Spurs won, and he make the * comment, then when the Lakers stole the spotlight with their 4 HOF lineup in '03...the Dubs are learning that lesson now - championships last forever, but the new season (beginning to crown the NEXT champion) starts immediately after the parade.
    Its weird but I was thinking about that the other day when it was announced that West had decided to sign with the Spurs. I feel the signings of West and LaMarcus feel similar to Malone and Payton granted those two were past their primes and the spurs still have LaMarcus in his prime. The Spurs are getting hyped like the '04 Lakers and the Warriors are getting disrespected like the '04 Spurs. I just hope the Spurs don't have the same tragic ending as the '04 Lakers did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    analyzing matchups in July, wow..
    This is what happens when franchises test success for the first time in a long ass time. It will take a couple more of playoffs battles for these dudes to really know what's up.

Thread Information