Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lawson is an awful fit. I can see him causing a scene because harden takes the last shot instead of him.
    Lawson is a very borderline starting PG. Hopefully, he's over himself by now.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lawson is a very borderline starting PG. Hopefully, he's over himself by now.
    He was a Top 5 offensive PG last season, and below average defensively as usual. That's definitely starting material and a surefire all star in the east.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a Top 5 offensive PG last season, and below average defensively as usual. That's definitely starting material and a surefire all star in the east.
    I guess I under-rated him. But I just don't think he's as good as people think. IMO, he's a guy better suited to 20-25 MPG than 35 MPG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at Utah's record after the Kanter trade ... 19-10 with a +5 point differential (94-89 average). 10 games against West playoff teams, 2 against OKC/PHX, 4 against East playoff teams and 13 against other teams. Not a tough schedule, but still very good trends and amazing defense.
    They still need a scoring punch from either SG or PG spot, and i think Rodney Hood will be up for that task. He seems like a good kid with brain screwed correctly ala Kawhi & Danny.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have Burks coming back as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see the Timberwolves shock the league. KG has so much firepower!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Western Conference so strong, Portland losing a lot of players and the healthy (?) return of KD in OKC. Just wondering who do you think will not qualify for the playoffs in the West?

This is what I have.

These teams are in. (in no particular order)
    San Antonio Spurs
    Golden State Warriors
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Houston Rockets
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Memphis Grizzlies

On the bubble.
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Dallas Mavericks
    Phoenix Suns (swap with Minny)

Some hope.
    Minnesota Timberwolves (swap with Phoenix)
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Utah Jazz

Not going anywhere.
    Sacramento Kings
    Portland Trailblazers
    Denver Nuggets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy to think two of these teams will not advance past the 1st round.
    Houston and Memphis, but the Spurs wouldn't surprise me at all.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see the Timberwolves shock the league. KG has so much firepower!
    Jazz, Pels, T-Wolves, Kings are sort of X-factors for me. There's a lot of variance in how well they may do.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets could hover around .500 too if Mudiay and Malone pan out immediately.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets could hover around .500 too if Mudiay and Malone pan out immediately.
    Haven't studied their roster; but I have the Nuggets penciled in for about 27 wins.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's realistic if Mudiay is not ready for big mins. Roster about the same as last year minus Lawless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't Adam silver just swap 2 teams from both conference that could change the league and make the league better. Take Memphis and OKC and move them to eastern conference and bring Detroit and Atlanta to western conference. That would even up the strength of each conference. Who says no besides Altanta,Detroit and LeBron but this would be a better league. They gotta make changes or were just going to be bringing this up ever year why the western conference is brutal and eastern conference is a cakewalk. If they're going to give division winners and award them a better seeding then other teams that have a better record then they do. I'm so sick of of these owners meeting in the NBA because what the has changed, nothing. At least in the NFL they make changes for good of the league and it's like that every year but in NBA I don't think anything has changed. They need to make Europe rule about the goaltending call. U can hit the ball as long as it hits the rim. The flop rule and fine is a joke and it doesn't do anything but let everyone know in the world that player X got busted for a flop. Who gives a flying . What u guys think? NBA needs changes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Western Conference so strong, Portland losing a lot of players and the healthy (?) return of KD in OKC. Just wondering who do you think will not qualify for the playoffs in the West?

This is what I have.

These teams are in. (in no particular order)
    San Antonio Spurs
    Golden State Warriors
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Houston Rockets
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Memphis Grizzlies

On the bubble.
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Dallas Mavericks
    Phoenix Suns

Some hope.
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Utah Jazz

Not going anywhere.
    Sacramento Kings
    Portland Trailblazers
    Denver Nuggets
    "Some hope" should be disbanded. The Jazz should be moved up to the "On the bubble" tier and the Timberwolves and Lakers should be moved down to the "Not going anywhere" tier.

Out of the four "On the bubble", I'd lean towards the Pelicans and Jazz, but I don't think it's as clear cut as some make it out to be.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers have no hope. Not sure how TD 21 came to the conclusion that they'd possibly be anything at all. And the Kings frankly have some hope, too. They have significant pieces in their primes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still need a scoring punch from either SG or PG spot, and i think Rodney Hood will be up for that task. He seems like a good kid with brain screwed correctly ala Kawhi & Danny.
    Don't underestimate having Exum replace Burke in the starting lineup and letting Burke go up against backups. Should be additive. Add in Hood and it's a start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't underestimate having Exum replace Burke in the starting lineup and letting Burke go up against backups. Should be additive. Add in Hood and it's a start.
    Well, Exum will be out for a while it seems. I don't like both Burk(e)s of the Jazz, Alec & Trey, defensive sieves that put a lot of pressure on Rudy to clean up their mistakes on the perimeter.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ironic that the GM that trashed on Jimmer and the Jazz fan base drafted the shiesta that is Exum at number four overall.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Exum showed more raw potential in his first 12 months in the league than Jimmer did in 4 years.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Exum showed more raw potential in his first 12 months in the league than Jimmer did in 4 years.
    Dafuq are you smoking?

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was a killer defender in spurts but lacked consistency. I guess you have to watch the games rather than look at the stats.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man that's a tough conference. I feel the Spurs tend to get relatively more early season wins compared to other teams because of their corporate knowledge. This year though they'll be one of the team's incorporating new significant pieces so we'll see. Can't afford to start slow.

The Jazz look good. It'll be between them and Mavs for the last slot.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How true that is despite Dell Demps being an ignoramus.
    I figured he and Gentry were the reason the Pels aren't in the lock column.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gentry actually has a very good resume. He got the Suns to the WCF. Great assistant stints. Players like him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was a killer defender in spurts but lacked consistency. I guess you have to watch the games rather than look at the stats.
    Exum's defensive rating was terrible even with Gobert backing him. And his offense was even worse. Saying he showed more potential? Potential's a pretty finicky judgment call to begin with...But the stats definitely aren't translating to this: "Exum showed more raw potential in his first 12 months in the league than Jimmer did in 4 years."

Jimmer career PP36: 16.2, 41.2 FG, 38.1 3 FG (and led the league in deep 3 shooting at one point)
    Exum career PP36: 7.8, 34.9 FG, 31.4 3 FG

Yes, Exum has the quickness and long arms and people are rightfully hopeful that he buds nicely. But come on, man. You can't be so haphazardly selling Jimmer short.

Thread Information