My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your sample size sucks.

One solid game. Woop woop.
    Misconception that scoring points is a solid game. He was on defense, a sieve. He had his 3 going and attacked the rim. Otherwise he did not have a good game. He shows promise though, but that other congo running Hutu named Randle, that mother er looks like Bernie Mac and Dikembe had a baby together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first bump after 3 months

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Misconception that scoring points is a solid game. He was on defense, a sieve. He had his 3 going and attacked the rim. Otherwise he did not have a good game. He shows promise though, but that other congo running Hutu named Randle, that mother er looks like Bernie Mac and Dikembe had a baby together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expected from a Clippers fan.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The first bump after 3 months
    midnightpulp
    "D'Bust's lateral quickness is "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dbust has been the worst player in the league, showing the least potential after randle. sorry lakerfans, it ain't working .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    dbust has been the worst player in the league, showing the least potential after randle. sorry lakerfans, it ain't working .
    And your back to your normal foolishness do you really believe what you write?

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Expected from a Clippers fan.
    Your claim is ridiculous. The Lakers were down 27 point through the third quarter. Russell took over the pace. Attacked the basket, shot well in the field and best of all involved his teammates in the process.

Calling a 27/2/4 in 28 mins "not a good game" is idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your claim is ridiculous. The Lakers were down 27 point through the third quarter. Russell took over the pace. Attacked the basket, shot well in the field and best of all involved his teammates in the process.

Calling a 27/2/4 in 28 mins "not a good game" is idiotic.

calling any garbage time statpadding as a good game is idiotic

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Everything people loved and hated about Jahlil Okafor coming out of Duke and all of his strengths and his weaknesses were on full display on Sunday. On one side of the ledger, he had 31 points and 8 rebounds on 19 shots. On the other side, he had the worst plus/minus (-28) of anyone on the team.

As far as his defense goes, the less said about it the better. The basic problem is that he's slow and he's checked out on that side of the ball.

There's no better example of the effect that Jahlil has on his teammates than Nerlens. When Jahlil is in, Nerlens is floating around the perimeter on offense, not doing anything all that useful and trying to take guys off the dribble and aimlessly firing bullet passes through traffic. On defense, he's chasing perimeter 4's around the 3-point line and he's way out of position to grab rebounds. When Jahlil is out, Nerlens is a rim-rolling menace on offense and a high-level rim protector on defense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in LA...

Russell does not boast standout speed in a league with more sprinters who double as point guards than ever, but the threat of jumpers like this will keep his man off balance enough that he will be able to get to the basket anyway.

Another way Russell is able to get easy looks at the bucket are his better-than-advertised post-up skills:

Russell is able to seamlessly make plays for his teammates. Actions like this are one of the ways Russell's above-average size for the point guard position give him an advantage, and it's an aspect of his game he should look to continue developing over summer...

midnightpulp get yo butt in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me two more years with this kid. His post up game is nice and that mid range is wet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the hate on the kid is silly. He has talent. Again unless we are talking KAT who we had no choice on ...or Porzy who many felt was a bigger risk I am fine with Russell. Oak is gonna be good too but I get the gamble on Russ.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Give me two more years with this kid. His post up game is nice and that mid range is wet.
    this kid will definitely flourish under a different coach. 24, 8 and 5 is gonna be his career arc. I knew okafor will be a bust since day 1.

big men with no defense , atrocious ft% and a questionable work ethic.... i'm givin that dude 5 years in the league, tops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is there have not been any home runs. At best, Julius and Russ have good, but not special ceilings. For this much circus and this much losing, you should have better to show for it.

Much like Boston, while they tanked and gathered some assets, they sort of whiffed on any game changers. They have some OK depth pieces, like LA, but when you lose this much for this long you should have more to show for it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The issue is there have not been any home runs. At best, Julius and Russ have good, but not special ceilings. For this much circus and this much losing, you should have better to show for it.

Much like Boston, while they tanked and gathered some assets, they sort of whiffed on any game changers. They have some OK depth pieces, like LA, but when you lose this much for this long you should have more to show for it.
    Still think Russ can be very good Randle just good. But drafting is not an exact science. they missed the playoffs two straight years. They got two young pieces with talent. No sure-fire stud but I saw only one pre-draft and the Wolves took him. was hoping their FO was as dumb as the nimrods here that were sucking off Oak as Ducanesque would take him and leave us KAT. but no dice. The same college analytics that loved KAt loved Russ even more. Not ready to say he wont be special but so far I was probably right only one true stud though Porzy looks like he may make that two ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Scott's approach of valuing results over process has been ham-fistedly messing with the development of these rookies (with Scott’s catering to Kobe and/or vets, yanking around Russell’s/ Randle's minutes and role). I'm not even worried about it because when Russell is allowed to play his game, he shines despite of limited opportunities.

Once Scott is gone, I keep telling people Russell is going to be that guy that will completely change the Free Agency culture in L.A. It's been proven in this past couple of seasons that franchise prestige, money and off court gimmicks aren't going to bring marquee players there anymore. Russell's game and his penchant for feeding his teammates will be a great recruiting chip.

Also, other than Town's no other team has hit a home run and that's going back to lottery picks since 2014. Randle gets a lot of flack but the previous 5 players picked ahead of him hasn't fared well either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a point guard who can't penetrate

cool

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    a point guard who can't penetrate

cool
    He can prnetrate just needs to finish better when he does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott's approach of valuing results over process has been ham-fistedly messing with the development of these rookies (with Scott’s catering to Kobe and/or vets, yanking around Russell’s/ Randle's minutes and role). I'm not even worried about it because when Russell is allowed to play his game, he shines despite of limited opportunities.

Once Scott is gone, I keep telling people Russell is going to be that guy that will completely change the Free Agency culture in L.A. It's been proven in this past couple of seasons that franchise prestige, money and off court gimmicks aren't going to bring marquee players there anymore. Russell's game and his penchant for feeding his teammates will be a great recruiting chip.

Also, other than Town's no other team has hit a home run and that's going back to lottery picks since 2014. Randle gets a lot of flack but the previous 5 players picked ahead of him hasn't fared well either
    Not sure it matters who was taken before a player, but who you took period. Like BOS, despite all the losing, LAL has no core and nothing going for them - especially in the West. Factor that in with the inept management, FA's turning LA down I don't share in Laker fan optimism that things will be better once Kobe stops holding them hostage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year (IMO): Prozingis, Turner, Booker & maybe Oak have better ceilings (and if you remember I was the one who called LA taking Russ and explaining their thinking with regards to their ability to sign a FA big vs drafting one).

Year Before: No one that stands out now, but Randle doesn't seem to have it at all.

It's not just about drafting but asset management. Maybe should have traded the pick?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FA's turning LA down I don't share in Laker fan optimism that things will be better once Kobe stops holding them hostage.

Grabbing another big name player through free agency is unlikely, I'll give you that. The culmination of this rebuild will not take place until 3 years anyway, minimum, so the Durant's, Westbrooks are a stretch to begin with. I'm always reasonable and realistic. Greg Monroe snubbed the Lakers this offseason. Greg Monroe....Though the Lakers are unlikely to land a marquee player through FA (When was the last time they signed one anyway 96?) I'm positive the Lakers will never suffer the same type of embarrassment going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grabbing another big name player through free agency is unlikely, I'll give you that. The culmination of this rebuild will not take place until 3 years anyway, minimum, so the Durant's, Westbrooks are a stretch to begin with. I'm always reasonable and realistic. Greg Monroe snubbed the Lakers this offseason. Greg Monroe....Though the Lakers are unlikely to land a marquee player through FA (When was the last time they signed one anyway 96?) I'm positive the Lakers will never suffer the same type of embarrassment going forward.
    We will see. That was kind of my point. LA still seems to be all in on FA and they need to be because despite the losing recently they don't have anything to build around.

They signed a bunch of random guys who are older and not that great (Young, Lou, Bass, etc..) and their young talent isn't anything special (IMO). So they seem to be all in on FA turning the tides and with the recent history of FA spurning LA that seems very dicey.

If your play is 3 years away, that is 6 years of no playoffs??? For LA? That seems unbelievably bad.

Thread Information