Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Count
    I thought sure Tech wouldn't want to fight Houston for east Texas recruits either. Oh well.
    Let's be honest, they don't want Houston in the Big XII but they don't want to play the bad guy for trying to keep a fellow Texas team out of the conference. So publicly they are going to say they support Houston. I guess I'm ok with Houston in the Big XII.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know Texas is trying to build a 300 acre satellite in Houston and needs UH support to do so. Imo, it's why the governor and many Texas admins have supported Houstons inclusion in the Big 12.

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/11...ampus-houston/

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Let's be honest, they don't want Houston in the Big XII but they don't want to play the bad guy for trying to keep a fellow Texas team out of the conference. So publicly they are going to say they support Houston. I guess I'm ok with Houston in the Big XII.
    If they really didn't want Houston, I'd think the smart play would be just to not say anything

Post Count
    If they really didn't want Houston, I'd think the smart play would be just to not say anything
    That would be interpreted as saying no.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Houston already dominates the out of recruiting in their area. There doesn't seem much to lose, and having another strong football school helps everyone. The odds of the coach sticking around increase greatly if UH join a P5 conference.

Post Count
    Looks like this expansion is being held up due to UT-OU bickering about Houston and BYU; This could be bad for the Big Smell in the long run. Currently the metrics have the conference easily the worst out of the power 5 and not that much better than the AAC.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Houston already dominates the out of recruiting in their area. There doesn't seem much to lose, and having another strong football school helps everyone. The odds of the coach sticking around increase greatly if UH join a P5 conference.
    Money is to lose. There's no guarantee that adding any more schools adds value to the Big 12

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Looks like this expansion is being held up due to UT-OU bickering about Houston and BYU; This could be bad for the Big Smell in the long run. Currently the metrics have the conference easily the worst out of the power 5 and not that much better than the AAC.
    Meh, it goes on cycles

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    byu cincy

Post Count
    byu cincy

Neither.

Thread Information