Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    LOL Knicks fans are cursed
    Then they will get to watch Kyrie end up with Brooklyn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. The lesson as always is...

Knicks will find a way to suck even when it's seemingly impossible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First TP retiring and now this? It's been a pretty good past 24 hours.

*edit*

Oh and Messina accepted a head coaching job in Italy. The sun seems to be extra bright today.
    Last edited by NASpurs; 06-11-2019 at 09:32 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

what
    Those doctors should be fired immediately. Everyone saw how bad the first injury was. And even if it was mostly a calf injury, those doctors should know damn well how connected the calf muscle is to the Achilles’ tendon. And how foreseeable a vulnerable calf could compromise the Achilles. What kind of doctors did they consult with? Voodoo witch doctors?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter. The Raptors gave the Warriors life again. They blew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was only a matter of time before he blew one of those toothpicks out.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's always sad to see a career-derailing injury like this. In all honesty, Durant's sensitivity came back to bite him in the ass on this one. He clearly wasn't ready to play yet, but he rushed himself back because he was butthurt at what the local media was saying about him. Maybe this will be what makes him grow a pair and stop obsessing over what people say about him on social media.

On a side note, Raptors fans are classless gots for cheering his injury. Their first taste of success and they turn into Laker fans.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Didn’t he suffer a Jones Fracture before? Then people were saying the same thing, that he would never be the same player again. That ended up not being true.

Durant will most likely opt into his contract, rehab for nine months, then return to the court by March 2020. By then, he’ll be leading the Warriors in another playoff run. This could be a blessing in disguise for GS, who were seen as likely to lose him in free agency, but will now get to keep him for another year at least.
    A Jones fracture is not an Achilles tear. The track record on NBA players coming back from a torn Achilles is not good. Dominique Wilkins is the only player who's ever even come close to regaining his pre-Achilles form. Maybe KD will pull a Nique, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop did the same with TD in 2000.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Those doctors should be fired immediately. Everyone saw how bad the first injury was. And even if it was mostly a calf injury, those doctors should know damn well how connected the calf muscle is to the Achilles’ tendon. And how foreseeable a vulnerable calf could compromise the Achilles. What kind of doctors did they consult with? Voodoo witch doctors?
    Agree 1000%
    Also his agent ing sucks

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This idiot with rabbit ears just ruined his warrior over some Bay Area tech fruitcakes. GSW medical staff and Myers needs to get fired.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It looks especially bad considering Warriors were not transparent at all about KD's initial injury (grade 2 calf? Achilles strain?) and media narrative was pushing the team was 'frustrated' about his recovery.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A Jones fracture is not an Achilles tear. The track record on NBA players coming back from a torn Achilles is not good. Dominique Wilkins is the only player who's ever even come close to regaining his pre-Achilles form. Maybe KD will pull a Nique, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.
    And I was a Nique fan he was good ... But was not even close to prime Nique... Credit to him for adjusting his game for the loss of explosion and modern medicine is 100x better but KD will never be the same. I think he had surpassed Bird but it's debatable... Now some will say he never may... Also he had a shot at surpassing a bunch of legends on all-time scoring list.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Obviously GSW shouldn't have cleared him but it's not like they forced him to play. KD was playing for his legacy. He thought the payoff of coming back down 3-1 to lead his team was worth the risk. There is no way that KD's camp was against it.

Different story if it were Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although a torn Achilles could cost Durant the entire 2019-20 season, Marks said he spoke with three teams, and all of them remain willing to pursue KD in free agency: “I said … If you had cap space, would you go out and sign Kevin Durant knowing that he will likely be out maybe the whole year? And the resounding answer was ‘yes.’ Each of the teams also said that they wouldn’t even put any injury language in there for maybe years three and four to protect. So, yes, there will be a marketplace for Kevin Durant this summer, either with a team for four years, $141 million dollars or even back in Golden State here.” – via Bleacher Report

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Although a torn Achilles could cost Durant the entire 2019-20 season, Marks said he spoke with three teams, and all of them remain willing to pursue KD in free agency: “I said … If you had cap space, would you go out and sign Kevin Durant knowing that he will likely be out maybe the whole year? And the resounding answer was ‘yes.’ Each of the teams also said that they wouldn’t even put any injury language in there for maybe years three and four to protect. So, yes, there will be a marketplace for Kevin Durant this summer, either with a team for four years, $141 million dollars or even back in Golden State here.” – via Bleacher Report
    Once you Tear it once, good luck with recurring injuries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he get his MRI yet?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Once you Tear it once, good luck with recurring injuries
    Not necessarily true with Achilles surgery.

Talked to a guy I played basketball with who had surgery to repair his Achilles. If he didn't get surgery and just rehabbed naturally, they told him it was something like 95% chance he'd reinjure it again in the future. BUT, if he got surgery, it was like the opposite, 90-something% chance he'd have no more Achilles injuries. Now that doesn't mean you get back to 100% the way it was before, with mobility and range of motion. But surgery generally means there's a good chance you DON'T reinjure or reaggravate it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay looked better than expected following his tear, and he's in his 30s and a far lesser player than Durant..there's some hope..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's without a doubt an achilles injury.
    When you look back as if somebody hit you back there, it is the unequivocally sign of an achilles' rapture.
    It was obvious that 2nd round injury was achilles this whole time. I called it back then as soon as it happened and you tell me the doctors couldn't tell? I would sue the Warriors if I were Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop did the same with TD in 2000.
    And Kawhi in 2017. And look how that er payed us.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    It was obvious that 2nd round injury was achilles this whole time. I called it back then as soon as it happened and you tell me the doctors couldn't tell? I would sue the Warriors if I were Durant.
    It wasn’t a torn Achilles the first time. You can barely even walk on a torn Achilles. And it’s a severe limp even on just a strained Achilles because it hurts to bend your foot on a strained Achilles.

The calf muscle and the Achilles are closely related. The Achilles essentially connects the calf muscle to the heel bone. The first injury could have very well been just a calf injury. But a vulnerable calf muscle absolutely compromised the Achilles.

There were plenty of people, in the media and on social media, guessing the first injury was an Achilles. I don’t think he would have been able to come back and play at all if it were. The first injury likely was mostly calf muscle related.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Durant has his own personal medical team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he get his MRI yet?
    Yes. It confirmed that he's a .

Thread Information