Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the culture only works when you have three superstars that fall in line and tbh international, I don’t wanna turn it into a race issue but pop has never connected with black urban players, elephant in the room
    Yeah, those guys came from different eras and cultures.

For the most part, the guys who want to play here are suburban white, biracial and/or European. That obviously significantly limits the talent pool.

All this talk of "freedom" is essentially code for the environment not being inner-city black enough, unlike the majority of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and DJ always had a close relationship. So the idea that pop can't connect isn't totally true. Regardless of Spurs trading DJ and his comments on social media I fully believe he and Pops relationship was never an issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, those guys came from different eras and cultures.

For the most part, the guys who want to play here are suburban white, biracial and/or European. That obviously significantly limits the talent pool.

All this talk of "freedom" is essentially code for the environment not being inner-city black enough, unlike the majority of the NBA.
    Lol you sound like coach Pop if he was less politically correct…. “dem dark skinned urban boys need me”

I never understood your weird infatuation with separating mixed races with inner city blacks or however you wanna put it.

In Pop’s defence he doesn’t discriminate against race he will make anyone a good boy no matter race, religion or socio economic background.

Where my ST posters at who think Manu is European?!? You are probably one of them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty ironic to complain about the spurs holding players back. Jax has built an entire career on the whole “I played for the Spurs” gimmick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty ironic to complain about the spurs holding players back. Jax has built an entire career on the whole “I played for the Spurs” gimmick.
    He actually is most proud of his “We Believe Warriors” and considers himself a Warrior first and foremost.

He did have ice in his veins during that 03 run and was one of few players who showed up in the OKC series in 2012.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He actually is most proud of his “We Believe Warriors” and considers himself a Warrior first and foremost.

He did have ice in his veins during that 03 run and was one of few players who showed up in the OKC series in 2012.
    That's pretty pathetic that he considers getting to the 2nd round his crowning achievement and kinda speaks to what a selfish turd he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty pathetic that he considers getting to the 2nd round his crowning achievement and kinda speaks to what a selfish turd he is
    No you are just another hater.

He considers that his favourite team because of the brotherhood, camaraderie and the way that organization and the fans treated him over those years and till this day. He still has great things to say about the Spurs also and remains close friends with RC’s son.

Always speaks TD and DRob’s praises. Has great things to say about Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you are just another hater.

He considers that his favourite team because of the brotherhood, camaraderie and the way that organization and the fans treated him over those years and till this day. He still has great things to say about the Spurs also and remains close friends with RC’s son.

Always speaks TD and DRob’s praises. Has great things to say about Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen also.
    Awfully presumptuous tbh. Lol "another hater"

I don't hate Jack. I appreciate his time here. All I said was he should stfu and stop being asshurt about 2013. Perhaps I was being presumptuous in assuming his reasoning was related to his personal performance. But regardless there was plenty of that here and he chose not to be a part of it because of his ego. Not even really debatable imho

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course because he wasn't treated like a role player there. The results speak for themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep Tim Duncan is the difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if malaki and Blake are next I hope not and they become our future backcourt and change this narrative

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs system holds players games back , do y’all agree I kinda do, I’m tired of this system no one will ever want to come here.
    examples
    dj
    kawhi
    jack himself
    derozan

45:50 mark

he also implies Tony and manu couldn’t lead their own team to the playoffs if they had the chance
    Manu led his Argentine National team to an Olympic Gold Medal & just joined 2 former teammates (David Robinson & Tim Duncan) by being inducted to the Basketball Hall of Fame. Another former teammate - Tony Parker will most likely make it to the NBA HOF as well. Before nephew was traded he won 2 DPOY, a Finals MVP and a Championship with the Spurs. He'll also be a HOF'er. You "kinda agree" with Stephen Jackson that the Spurs' system holds players' games back? Help me understand. -- Help me understand why you would believe anything that dufus would have to say about the Spurs. He was cut for sleeping with Tim Duncan's soon to be ex-wife, not because he couldn't bring himself to admit that "was less talented than Danny Green and Manu Ginobili". The same Private Investigator who was compiling evidence to show Amy was cheating on Tim with her personal trainer, also found out she was seeing Jackson on the side.

No, the Spurs' organization doesn't hold any players' games back. They do frown on Social Media self-promotion for sure & don't give a rat's ass about players' "personal brands".

By the way - DJ & Derozan will most likely never win a chip & if it wasn't for the Spurs, Jackson's dumbass wouldn't have one either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we all agree nobody is holding anyone back on this current roster LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu led his Argentine National team to an Olympic Gold Medal & just joined 2 former teammates (David Robinson & Tim Duncan) by being inducted to the Basketball Hall of Fame. Another former teammate - Tony Parker will most likely make it to the NBA HOF as well. Before nephew was traded he won 2 DPOY, a Finals MVP and a Championship with the Spurs. He'll also be a HOF'er. You "kinda agree" with Stephen Jackson that the Spurs' system holds players' games back? Help me understand. -- Help me understand why you would believe anything that dufus would have to say about the Spurs. He was cut for sleeping with Tim Duncan's soon to be ex-wife, not because he couldn't bring himself to admit that "was less talented than Danny Green and Manu Ginobili". The same Private Investigator who was compiling evidence to show Amy was cheating on Tim with her personal trainer, also found out she was seeing Jackson on the side.

No, the Spurs' organization doesn't hold any players' games back. They do frown on Social Media self-promotion for sure & don't give a rat's ass about players' "personal brands".

By the way - DJ & Derozan will most likely never win a chip & if it wasn't for the Spurs, Jackson's dumbass wouldn't have one either.
    Jack banged Timmy’s wife ? Wtf never heard this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack banged Timmy’s wife ? Wtf never heard this
    Deep insider info there from a person in the organization who blabbed that when drunk. Pop may not have even told Jackson the real reason he was cut - other than they needed to move on from him. It was the same year the Spurs lost to the Heat in the Finals. You won't find it anywhere online and people in the organization would most likely deny it - if they had any knowledge of it. If the media knew or got wind of it, they never wrote about it. TP's crap was bad enough but he wasn't about to be cut for his tryst with Barry's wife.

Hey fat-ass Don Harris, don't take this story and run with it. Clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs system was working and they made the extra pass yes it holds some players back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you sound like coach Pop if he was less politically correct…. “dem dark skinned urban boys need me”

I never understood your weird infatuation with separating mixed races with inner city blacks or however you wanna put it.

In Pop’s defence he doesn’t discriminate against race he will make anyone a good boy no matter race, religion or socio economic background.

Where my ST posters at who think Manu is European?!? You are probably one of them.
    Maybe that's because he's an old white guy and I'm not.

At a white guy from Canada lecturing me on race. I'm saying these ignorant things because unfortunately colorism is alive and well in the "black community". Many inner-city blacks consider biracial or "light-skins" to not be "black" enough for them.

He doesn't discriminate against race, but the Spurs are clearly the Duke of the NBA. They've mostly tried to stay away from inner-city blacks, especially the stereotypical types which is why the majority of those types can't stand the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deep insider info there from a person in the organization who blabbed that when drunk. Pop may not have even told Jackson the real reason he was cut - other than they needed to move on from him. It was the same year the Spurs lost to the Heat in the Finals. You won't find it anywhere online and people in the organization would most likely deny it - if they had any knowledge of it. If the media knew or got wind of it, they never wrote about it. TP's crap was bad enough but he wasn't about to be cut for his tryst with Barry's wife.

Hey fat-ass Don Harris, don't take this story and run with it. Clown.
    holy ! Never heard that 1

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had heard the same rumor about Jackson and Tim’s soon to be ex. Also heard that was the real reason he was cut right before the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jax got a great podcast, he isn't a coach. maybe there aren't enough players with the mindset to prioritize the system over having fun anymore, but Kawhi hit his prime in that system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack says this when after the time he was cut, the Spurs system turned Diaw from an unmotivated fatty in Charlotte to the stud he was in 2014.
    Mills was also another fatty (according to Pop too ) that turned his career around on the Spurs. Danny was known as LeBron's dancing partner before he turned into an elite role player on the Spurs.

Leonard had like a Shawn Marion ceiling at best before he was drafted. Even with that, his injury issues still loom and would have been an issue on this team as well.

Jack left cause he wanted to be better elsewhere. One hot season with the Warriors where he didn't even make the all-star team but he's basically been a journeyman who is toxic. Jack's a bridge burner. I remember he was on bad terms with the Warriors too before we traded RJ for him. He's a role player who thinks he's a superstar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long do you think that Stephen Jackson is going to hold a grudge for the Spurs picking Manu and Parker over him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long do you think that Stephen Jackson is going to hold a grudge for the Spurs picking Manu and Parker over him?
    For the rest of his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe that's because he's an old white guy and I'm not.

At a white guy from Canada lecturing me on race. I'm saying these ignorant things because unfortunately colorism is alive and well in the "black community". Many inner-city blacks consider biracial or "light-skins" to not be "black" enough for them.

He doesn't discriminate against race, but the Spurs are clearly the Duke of the NBA. They've mostly tried to stay away from inner-city blacks, especially the stereotypical types which is why the majority of those types can't stand the Spurs.

lol but you yellow or brown. Educate us on light skinned dudes. Pls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the rest of his life.
    Which is crazy cause he made the decision to leave the first time and was clearly washed the second. I loved SJax and his game, but his constant crying and alleged indiscretion has really sored me to him over the years.

Thread Information