Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice win for the Spurs. Organized, team-oriented bball.

Wtf are the Sixers doing? They have so much talent, but, seem like they might be fool's gold.
    If they don't get it together in the next month I could see a major trade or coaching change. Fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Pop is coach we are not tanking,did you yall really think he is not going to play our vets over the rookies?
    The two featured players are 22 and 23.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the only reason why I started cheering for the win near the end. The sixers are a poverty franchise who are nothing but foul merchants and play the tiest form of basketball. em.
    And yet, they did exactly what all of you want us to do, and they did it for 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice win for the Spurs. Organized, team-oriented bball.

Wtf are the Sixers doing? They have so much talent, but, seem like they might be fool's gold.
    If they don't get it together in the next month I could see a major trade or coaching change. Fingers crossed.

Doc gets canned. They have way too much talent on board to be this bad. Its the coaching or lack of.
    Unless they turn it around real quick, they'll be saying adios to doc sooner than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first game this season I watched without knowing the outcome already and I must say I cannot cheer for the Spurs to lose.
    But the losses will come eventually ... the extreme energy (especially on defense) will fade after a few games.

Would like to have Sochan more minutes although its tough looking at his John Stockton shorts ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc gets canned. They have way too much talent on board to be this bad. Its the coaching or lack of.
    Unless they turn it around real quick, they'll be saying adios to doc sooner than later.
    Agree— I think he is on very thin ice right now. Obvious fall guy, but also he’s had a ty track record of his own doing now for some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh I thought Morey and Doc had a broship going on and if true, then Doc’s job is secure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we about to witness the return of the beautiful game? Where team ball trumps iso ball? Where a good shot turns into a great shot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-76ers-grades-3/

Kinda cool victory, tbh

Pop is the worst tanking coach of all-time

That tenth spot in the West is looking more and more likely by the day
    watch him get coach of the year and then have everyone calling for his job. tbh though, if this unit balls out and plays within the system, and other teams have injuries or turmoil (or go full tank mode) the spurs could just find themselves in the play-in chase again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rivers will be the scapegoat until D'Antoni or whatever white flavor of the month replaces him and sees similar results that both the former and Brown did, only then it'll be the players who are the problem of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rivers will be the scapegoat until D'Antoni or whatever white flavor of the month replaces him and sees similar results that both the former and Brown did, only then it'll be the players who are the problem of course.
    You like Doc as a coach?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like Doc as a coach?
    As with most of them, I'm indifferent. I only dislike the shameless self-promotors and/or unethical ones, but they're all largely irrelevant.

He just receives far too much disrespect for a guy who has a championship and nearly two (I don't care about that crap, but for plenty of media/fans it somehow gives white coaches instant and everlasting credibility) and it started before the slew of blown 3-1 leads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As with most of them, I'm indifferent. I only dislike the shameless self-promotors and/or unethical ones, but they're all largely irrelevant.

He just receives far too much disrespect for a guy who has a championship and nearly two (I don't care about that crap, but for plenty of media/fans it somehow gives white coaches instant and everlasting credibility) and it started before the slew of blown 3-1 leads.
    I think he gets too much respect from the media and the NBA hiring officials and too much disrespect from fans.

It's a wild thing.

I don't think he's a very good coach, but I'm just a guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he gets too much respect from the media and the NBA hiring officials and too much disrespect from fans.

It's a wild thing.

I don't think he's a very good coach, but I'm just a guy.
    Despite being media friendly, he receives constant disrespect from them, arguably more than any other established coach.

Based on results, that he has little to do with, taken out of context with talented but flawed rosters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite being media friendly, he receives constant disrespect from them, arguably more than any other established coach.

Based on results, that he has little to do with, taken out of context with talented but flawed rosters?
    Maybe I'm looking at things through the wrong lens.
    It happens.
    He's a generally disrespected coach from the media, yet keeps getting hired and fired from high profile jobs?
    Not out of the realm of possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interview on the radio today speaking about the new Boston coach. He (an SI reporter) said he feels Udoka will not return. If that ends up being the case, they say, if Brooklyn is ok with whatever the facts are that led to him leaving Boston, they would go after him. He also said Philly would probably make a run at Udoka as well so Doc may be out on the street again sooner rather than later.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm looking at things through the wrong lens.
    It happens.
    He's a generally disrespected coach from the media, yet keeps getting hired and fired from high profile jobs?
    Not out of the realm of possibility.
    The media, try as they might to influence it, don't have the authority to hire and fire coaches.

Thread Information