Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do former Spurs flourish under a different head coach?
    Not really true.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Anderson stepped up?
    Was we that much worse as a Spur? I think he’s pretty much the same player honestly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully expect him to come crashing back down to earth, but since leaving here, he's at least went from replacement to rotation player.

Like White and Murray, he magically figured out how to alter his shot profile and shoot at least respectably too . . . Branham will probably follow suit once he's gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully expect him to come crashing back down to earth, but since leaving here, he's at least went from replacement to rotation player.

Like White and Murray, he magically figured out how to alter his shot profile and shoot at least respectably too . . . Branham will probably follow suit once he's gone.
    Actually the only person who has any success is White; Lonnie is not a success as he was rejected by the Lakers; I don't see Nets progressing any further this year in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure it helps to play on a team with Dinwiddie, Bridges and Johnson drawing the defensive focus. Lonnie can just come in and shoot open looks. The role is completely different in BKN and is more suitable to Lonnie's game, limitations and abilities.

As a smaller market, Spurs can't afford to have Lonnie just be a shooter without contributing elsewhere too and don't have the talent elsewhere to mask his shortcomings into a net positive player or draw/create open looks for his nice percentages.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bad team doesn't mean the player hasn't improved and is now successful.
    Far as Kyle goes last I saw him he finally got over his shooting hesitation and was an effective and aggressive shooter which is what would frustrate Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he still couldn’t defend a mannequin. That’s why he was non-extended. He actually showed some shooting promise.

OMG, one of our former near lottery picks is now a passable bench player on another team. The horror.
    Riiiiiiight like we have a team of lock down defenders and he was the weakest link so THAT is why we let him go. Do you actually know anything about basketball or do you just pretend?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riiiiiiight like we have a team of lock down defenders and he was the weakest link so THAT is why we let him go. Do you actually know anything about basketball or do you just pretend?
    When he played for the Spurs he was literally the worst defender in the league. Do you actually know anything about basketball or do you just pretend?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White - plus defender
    DJ - All Defense
    Poeltl - plus defender

These are the players that were on the roster when Lonnie got here. What our defense is now is immaterial to him no longer being here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie was awful on D, which stemmed from some pretty bad bbiq. For any impressive things he may have done on offense, he gave it all back (and then some) on the other end. You just can’t play those guys long stretches.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White - plus defender
    DJ - All Defense
    Poeltl - plus defender

These are the players that were on the roster when Lonnie got here. What our defense is now is immaterial to him no longer being here.
    Lonnie was worse than Demar. At defense. Something Demar doesn't do.

Thread Information