Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jim cleans my teeth, I clean his....... Mrs.Jimcs50's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I asked Jim for a membership to an athletic club. He gave me a coupon to the driving range.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lucky. I hate Bally's personally. They offer crap classes, and they just added classes like Yoga and Pilates, but get this....you have to pay an additional $3 per class for those classes.

I'll admit, the trainers are pretty hot. In fact, that's the whole damn reason I got sucked into joining it for a 3 year contract in the first place. I just went in for a tour and some information, and they got a hot Trainer to give me the tour and I fell for his stupid charm

But as soon as my contract expires, I'm switching to LA Fitness! (Until I can afford a home gym of my own).
    They just got those classes? They've had Pilates & Yoga, kickboxing, spinning, salsa/aerobic dancing, step, and several others here forever ... we used to have to pay extra, but now they've made them free. (well, everything but Pilates). They even had that class made up on that Donald Trump reality show.

I got the super-membership when I joined in 2000 ... so after the 3 years it started out as only $5/mo maintenance.

I think the only thing that bugged me is/was the weird daycare hours ... although my kids are getting old enough not to have to go there anyway so it's not that big of a deal anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They just got those classes? They've had Pilates & Yoga, kickboxing, spinning, salsa/aerobic dancing, step, and several others here forever ... we used to have to pay extra, but now they've made them free. (well, everything but Pilates). They even had that class made up on that Donald Trump reality show.

I got the super-membership when I joined in 2000 ... so after the 3 years it started out as only $5/mo maintenance.

I think the only thing that bugged me is/was the weird daycare hours ... although my kids are getting old enough not to have to go there anyway so it's not that big of a deal anymore.
    Wow, Daycare? The two Bally's that are near me don't have daycare, maybe it's just the Bally's in Philly that suck . Also, they neverhad any of those classes, they just started them. Before we'd just have general classes like Tao-Kwon Dao, Aerobics, and Step.

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have some questions for some of you who have gym memberships.

1) Are there any that are 24 hours?
    2) Are there any with pools?
    3) Are there any with Basketball Courts.

Also, how much do you guys pay for your memberships? Are you happy with them?

Thanks!
    yes. yes. yes.

I pay $19 a month (employer discount) Gold's Gym, I cna use anyone in the city (in the country actually). the one down the street form me is 24hrs, it has a basketball court. The one 5 blocks from me has a pool.

I like it. I like it alot. Very happy.

we used to have Bally's but I hate all the windows, and the daycare was never open when we would go. Or it wa sopposed to be open but there would be noone there to wath the kids, or on the odd chance someone was there - they had way too many kids (like 9 and 1 adult). Also they were more expensive.

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Stanford Cardinal
    NIKE WORLD HEADQUARTERS | 1 Bowerton Drive, Beaverton, Oregon

Snag one of the 5,000 jobs at Nike's World Headquarters just for this perk: The campus has two sports centers totaling nearly 110,000 square feet. Also open to employees' families, the centers feature free weights, cardio equipment, free fitness assessments, 2,800 square feet of climbing walls, a 25-meter lap pool, more than 100 weekly group fitness classes in eight studios, as well as racquetball, squash and basketball courts. The company's commitment to fitness doesn't end indoors. You can schedule playtime on the outdoor sand volleyball court, multiuse grass field, turf field and basketball and tennis courts. Need a midday break from your cubicle? Go for a run on the outdoor track, constructed out of (what else?) recycled shoes.

Dues: $40 per month (individual); $85 per month (family, including spouse or partner and dependents under 23 years old). Contact: nikebiz.com

--Jeanine Detz

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wonder what happens if you go to their gym in addidas or New Balance gear.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Stanford Cardinal
    I wonder what happens if you go to their gym in addidas or New Balance gear.
    You won't be there long.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Would they really throw you out?

Might make for an interesting lawsuit.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Stanford Cardinal
    Would they really throw you out?

Might make for an interesting lawsuit.

Probably not. You would definitely get an earful though. I would definitely not want to see Phil Knight on campus while wearing some adidas gear.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    NIKE WORLD HEADQUARTERS | 1 Bowerton Drive, Beaverton, Oregon

Snag one of the 5,000 jobs at Nike's World Headquarters just for this perk: The campus has two sports centers totaling nearly 110,000 square feet. Also open to employees' families, the centers feature free weights, cardio equipment, free fitness assessments, 2,800 square feet of climbing walls, a 25-meter lap pool, more than 100 weekly group fitness classes in eight studios, as well as racquetball, squash and basketball courts. The company's commitment to fitness doesn't end indoors. You can schedule playtime on the outdoor sand volleyball court, multiuse grass field, turf field and basketball and tennis courts. Need a midday break from your cubicle? Go for a run on the outdoor track, constructed out of (what else?) recycled shoes.

Dues: $40 per month (individual); $85 per month (family, including spouse or partner and dependents under 23 years old). Contact: nikebiz.com

--Jeanine Detz

What?? Tlong told me it was for employee's only! He's always trying to keep me at home - thats it! Tomarrow I am marching my wolly ass down there, looking forward to the "multi-use grass field"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    looking forward to the "multi-use grass field"

Thread Information