Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I'm not going to even pretend that Arkansas St. should have been in this game. That was a pathetic performance. Vince's magical mystery tour '05 team would have won by 60, even last years team would have won by 30.

I'm hoping that it was just a case of a young team overlooking an inferior opponent. If not, this is going to quickly become a season of revenge for okie, okie st, ttech, and nebraska. It was a good ride, but all of VY's mystery tour '05 guys are gone, and now we no longer have the playmakers to overcome the worst offensive coordinator in college football and one of the worst overall coaching staffs among the elite of D1. That said, we should still beat the stiffs at am.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    NO UT homers in the entire universe can possibly believe our number 4 ranking, however, we've worked hard many years to earn an automatic high ranking (see USC, ND, OU, etc) and we'll take the win.

WAYYYYY too many holes and weaknesses exposed in this game for 1 thread to totally do it justice.

Positive:
    Pass protection is solid.

Negative:
    The offensive line has no run blocking capability. At all.

Positive:
    Jamaal Charles looks greatly improved, better all around.

Negative:
    Texas continues delayed handoffs, zone reads, and handing it to Jamaal while he is standing still looking East or West (STANDING ING STILL!!!!!!! THIS KID RUNS A 4.3 FOR DKR'S SAKE!!!) Greg Davis you have done it again you smug unbending !!!!!

Positive:
    Sweed did not seem affected by wrist injury. Nate Jones is very solid.

Negative:
    While starting off like he almost ended last season, McCoy got into a very very weird funk, and if it weren't for some clutch catches by Jones, McCoy would have had the worst game of his career, after the Agggggame.

Positive:

I cannot think of any more, especially in regards to the defense. Okam was Okam.

Negative:
    It was like we only had one DT, and Orakpo, the undisputed Man to Watch this season, is probably OUT for the season. The linebackers looked as if they had not worked on stopping the run all offseason, and seemed lost in the coverage schemes. The secondary looked EXACTLY ING LIKE LAST YEAR, giving 7 yard cushions for easy short route catching, and we've already seen what our two Five foot Eight Cornerbacks are going to do, as we witnessed several catches in which they had good position, but made no play on the ball due to their size (Mack defends their small size...)
    Duane Akina's defense does blitz more, and more creatively, but the timing and execution looked abysmal. What's the point of blitzing every play if it only works 1 out of 8 times and the other 7 times they gain an average of 6 yards? Bogus.

Overall, combined with Jamaal bobbling the ball on his very first carry, we are in for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.

Without a doubt the most scary thing about this situation is that we had all our coaches go on record saying we would go away from that stupid bull zone read, delay handofff, most predictable offense in paid sports history bull , and that is exactly what we saw on saturday, save for the three plays they ran out of the I formation.

Long season, brah. Very very long season.
    UT is without a doubt on the decline, but its all good if we can pull in a clutch win or two along the way. I personally believe this season is cursed, one way or another, and the Orakpo debacle proves it.

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge atxrocker's Avatar
    Post Count
    cbf forgot one of the most important positives of all.... all the ing hot UT girls around town after the game. goddamnit there was so much eye candy out there on saturday night. gotta love college football season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I only dig pregnant UT austin chicks. The bigger and rounder the belly the better.

I'm withholding judgement until after the TCU game. I'm hoping that some of the mistakes are results of all the young guys overlooking ASU, as well as ASU completely changing their game plan in this game from everything they did last season. At least they have good tape on what TCU likes to do, and maybe the young ers will step up to the level of compe ion. Maybe.

That Orakpo injury was bull . I'll never understand why the NCAA lets backs come up and chop guys who are engaged with OLinemen. That's ed up. I can understand a back wanting to chop a DLineman who's much bigger, but it should only be when the guy is on a free rush and isn't already being blocked. Otherwise it's just a cheap shot to the knees. We should have taken out that quick little white boy QB's knees at the end of the game for some retribution for that bull . You know this is lining up to be a ed up season - OU, AM, Florida, USC, etc. get nice little warm up pansies who lie down to get ed while we get these knee cheap shotting bas s. All I know is somebody, a of a lot of somebodies, better start showing some fire and exploding on people before we end up with a ing 6 win season. After the success this program has had recently they better start biting, clawing, and ball kicking whoever they have to for the wins.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As someone who still has a suspect knee for that very reason, I think anything at the knees should be banned. If you can't be a man and block someone straight up, get your ass off the field.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All I can say is thank God I brought my pipe and greenery to the game, because I was smoking like a mother er at halftime (you'd be amazed how few people actually use the concrete ramps anymore).

I remain to this day pissed about that performance, no excuse at all for the way we played. I can only hope that the team was looking ahead to TCU and that this game serves as a wake up call to get their ass in gear and start playing some actuall FOOTBALL. Hook'em..........I guess.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What grade do you give them on a 1-100 scale, 100 being VY at rosebowl pouring vats of smegma on the greatest CFB team of all time?

I'd say 33

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Damn, on a scale of 1-100? Well, with the way they played against Arkansas St., a team they should have dominated I think I would have to score them around 35-40? That sounds about right.

I just hope to God they get their act together for TCU this upcoming Saturday night, those guys from the quotes I've read are ready to PLAY. We better bring our A game, that's for sure.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    about 20 at best CBF thats a long ways from VY and that team

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I just hope to God they get their act together for TCU this upcoming Saturday night, those guys from the quotes I've read are ready to PLAY. We better bring our A game, that's for sure.

And you can bet that Blake will be in TCU's lineup.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, he ain't gonna miss playing against UT, no matter what kind of 'personal' problems he's having. I'm looking forward to watching him go up against T. Hills, our LT-should be a great matchup.

What grade do you give them on a 1-100 scale, 100 being VY at rosebowl pouring vats of smegma on the greatest CFB team of all time?

I'd say 33
    , based solely on this last week's performance it would be about a 3 or 4 out of 100. This team playing like that would have gotten smoked by 70 against the ESPN 2005 paper champion, a far cry from the team that actually won the 2005 championship. That team had VY on O and Huff making play after play on D as where this team got run on and held to 7 pts in 3 1/2 quarters by Arkansas ing State. If I was the coach I would have taken back all the under-the-table money from the entire ing defense and started a bonfire on the practice field.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I give them a 100!!!

minus 80.

Thread Information