Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read somewhere he said he would definately play for tau atleast for the next two years, so if you think about it suns are screwed either way.
    If he plays well in tau he gets way more money than rookie suns contract and if he turns into bust suns wouldn't want him anyway.
    GJ bufford i guess...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read somewhere he said he would definately play for tau atleast for the next two years, so if you think about it suns are screwed either way.
    If he plays well in tau he gets way more money than rookie suns contract and if he turns into bust suns wouldn't want him anyway.
    GJ bufford i guess...
    Hey Dario!
    kako si kaj?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs pwned the Suns HARDCORE on this one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at sunsfan who started this thread to brag about "various local sources" hyping Dragic as the Nash replacement, especially considering he may never come to the States.

The Spurs are obviously in need of a bu-pg...they obviously didn't feel like waiting till Duncan was in diapers to see Dragic come to the NBA.

Random member
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    especially considering he may never come to the States.
    I think you guys are forgetting something. He's a Slovenian. Slovenia is a country with a population of 2 million. Currently, there are 5 Slovenians in the NBA and that's a of a ratio by any standards. It's not because Slovenians would be more talented than Greeks or Spaniards or Croats, it's because of their mentality - wanting to play at the highest level - in the NBA. Even though they could easily be paid millions of euros playing for european teams. I believe, Dragic is a guy that will want to come to the NBA no matter what and TAU's money won't keep him in Europe. He's got a lot to learn still and I really hope he stays in Europe at least a season or two and develops his game.

Here is a video of his workout with the Suns. He left national team camp, took a 15-hour flight, worked out with the Suns and returned home to play against Croatia today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is young, he is eager to play and to prove he can play. On top of that he still didn't recieve his first big paycheck, so i asume money is still an isue for him. There are to much intangibles, if he plays well he gets way way more money than in NBA, why would he leave a team where he is confortable and gets steady minutes for an unknown situation in NBA, a lot better players got screwed and returned to EU, OR he might just not develop or get any playtime in tau. I would be surprised if he would play for suns in next three years.
    PS: angel hvala vredu, pa ti?
    Last edited by Dario; 06-28-2008 at 06:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy slated to "replace" Nash as in a "OMG, we totally schooled the whole league, especially the Spurs, by picking up an MVP-caliber point guard in the second round" kind of replacement? Or is he going to "replace" Nash the way Rasho Nesterovic "replaced" David Robinson?

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy slated to "replace" Nash as in a "OMG, we totally schooled the whole league, especially the Spurs, by picking up an MVP-caliber point guard in the second round" kind of replacement? Or is he going to "replace" Nash the way Rasho Nesterovic "replaced" David Robinson?
    There's another option:

Kerr's plan was to hire a coach who won't work well with Nash. Combined with his age + new system, Nash becomes nothing more than an average player, thus making him significantly easier to replace. Brilliant move by Stevie K.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at sunsfan who started this thread to brag about "various local sources" hyping Dragic as the Nash replacement, especially considering he may never come to the States.

The Spurs are obviously in need of a bu-pg...they obviously didn't feel like waiting till Duncan was in diapers to see Dragic come to the NBA.
    Recall the Spurs had already resolved their backup PG situation with the drafting of Hill. If you saw the video of the Suns war room, it was obvious the Suns were frantically fielding offers to move up in the 2nd round to draft Dragic. The Spurs drafted Dragic, in the 2nd round, as part of a pre-arranged deal with the Suns. That deal was contigent, of course, on Dragic being available.

The Spurs had no intention of ever keeping this guy for themselves. Had he not been available, you would likely have seen the Spurs go in another direction. It worked out well for the Spurs because they still got the guy they wanted and picked up a 2nd rounder in '09.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recall the Spurs had already resolved their backup PG situation with the drafting of Hill. If you saw the video of the Suns war room, it was obvious the Suns were frantically fielding offers to move up in the 2nd round to draft Dragic. The Spurs drafted Dragic, in the 2nd round, as part of a pre-arranged deal with the Suns. That deal was contigent, of course, on Dragic being available.

The Spurs had no intention of ever keeping this guy for themselves. Had he not been available, you would likely have seen the Spurs go in another direction. It worked out well for the Spurs because they still got the guy they wanted and picked up a 2nd rounder in '09.
    I'd bet that the Spurs did the trade with it arranged beforehand that the Suns would take Hairston. That's probably the guy the Spurs wanted. So if Drajic hadn't have been there, I would imagine the Spurs would have just drafted Hairston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd bet that the Spurs did the trade with it arranged beforehand that the Suns would take Hairston. That's probably the guy the Spurs wanted. So if Drajic hadn't have been there, I would imagine the Spurs would have just drafted Hairston.
    That's what I figured too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NEWSFLASH!

TAU just got punk'd by Dragics former team Geoplin Slovan. Slovenian court decided that his contract with TAU isn't valid, so he is still a member of Geoplin Slovan. That opens the door for the Suns to sign him as soon as they work out the deal with his team. Media is reporting something around 250.000€ buyout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NEWSFLASH!

TAU just got punk'd by Dragics former team Geoplin Slovan. Slovenian court decided that his contract with TAU isn't valid, so he is still a member of Geoplin Slovan. That opens the door for the Suns to sign him as soon as they work out the deal with his team. Media is reporting something around 250.000€ buyout.
    How do you think a Spanish court will rule?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you think a Spanish court will rule?
    Spanish court doesn't have a jurisdiction in this case. I'm sure that TAUs lawyers will appeal. But they can appeal only in Slovenian court. If they won't like the rulling then they can take their case to the European court...I think. I expect some more drama in this matter, because it's been dragging trough the court for two years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you think a Spanish court will rule on the contract he signed with Tau?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you think a Spanish court will rule on the contract he signed with Tau?

The Spanish court can rule anyway it wants since it has no jurisdiction in this matter. TAU could sue him personally for fraud, but since he signed in good faith after getting all the proper papers by the national organization, they could only ask for money paid (and I don't think that's a lot).

If anybody is at fault here it's the Slovenian National basketball org since it's their job (witin FIBA) to prevent such situations. If his status was not clear at the time of the contract signing they could have stopped him from going to TAU. They were convinced that it would be resolved between the clubs and agreed to the trade/move on a provisional and temporary base (which sounds like BS in retrospect) - Slovan didn't see it that way and sued.

Tau knew there were conditions attached to the player and I'm sure it's built in the contract - it's not like TAU didn't know.

I have no personal insight in the situation but what I'm reading/seeing in the media is that Goran is not happy about this, so I'm guessing GeoPlin Slovan (he's old club) will be the loser in this.

Of course the Suns and his manager could use this to get him out of the TAU contract, although it sounds a little far fetched.

Wouldn't you like to see TAU punked for once? It would even be sweeter if it wasn't by the Suns...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be very nice to see Tau get screwed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting developments.

Fing Splitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing Tau get screwed but the Suns profit would be a crystallization of the old joke about watching your mother-in-law drive off a cliff in your new BMW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all can laugh now, but this may be one of the worst trades the Spurs ever made. Just letting you know.
    Another Leandro Barbosa??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing Tau get screwed but the Suns profit would be a crystallization of the old joke about watching your mother-in-law drive off a cliff in your new BMW.

My feelings exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spanish court can rule anyway it wants since it has no jurisdiction in this matter. TAU could sue him personally for fraud, but since he signed in good faith after getting all the proper papers by the national organization, they could only ask for money paid (and I don't think that's a lot).
    The latest article states that he paid the money back first thing, and it wasn't much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs pwned the Suns HARDCORE on this one
    i think it's reverse now mate...

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/b...o/1145731.html

it basically says that he is about to TAU... and that TAU is looking for a new PG since it's a fact he'll be joining the Suns...

Bruno in 3, 2, 1...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The rich get richer" - Kenny Smith.
    Richer thread.

Thread Information