Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope Ryan Richards pans out and takes Matt's spot after this season. Lord, I don't want to see Matt as the starter or 4th big in 2011.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope Ryan Richards pans out and takes Matt's spot after this season. Lord, I don't want to see Matt as the starter or 4th big in 2011.
    You're going to be dissapointed then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knowing pop, you would probably be just disappointed.

Ryan Richrds is Ian Mahinmi part 2.

Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wonder if coach is going to bury him at the end of the bench like what he did to bowen, horry, barry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he'll get a lot less time with Tiago coming over, and god please no starts. What made me sick is when I read it's the biggest contract he's ever gotten.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Express News le is classic...

Spurs Splurge on Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will now see if Bonner can fill the roll that he was intended for all along, a bench stretch 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The E-N reports of a $16M contract doesn't fit with the $3.05M starting salary of realgm. At least one of them is wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone just told me that the Spurs resigned Bonner for four years at $3M+ per season. Damn that's funny!!! The Spurs FO isn't that dumb!!!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    you guys have a pretty big front line if you play Bonner at SF/PF. Then you could field a front line/frontline backups with Tiago Splitter, Duncan, Bonner, McDyess, Blair. That's pretty formidable and then throw in Ginobili and Parker, I think you could have the makings of a pretty good playoff team right there. This team could matchup with the Lakers. Get Shaq for cheap and you're even deeper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone just told me that the Spurs resigned Bonner for four years at $3M+ per season. Damn that's funny!!! The Spurs FO isn't that dumb!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys have a pretty big front line if you play Bonner at SF/PF. Then you could field a front line/frontline backups with Tiago Splitter, Duncan, Bonner, McDyess, Blair. That's pretty formidable and then throw in Ginobili and Parker, I think you could have the makings of a pretty good playoff team right there. This team could matchup with the Lakers. Get Shaq for cheap and you're even deeper.
    Not sure where this idea of playing Bonner at the 3 originated, but I've seen it posted several times by several different ST members. I don't think I've ever seen Bonner play SF while in a Spurs uni or heard the coaching staff even hinting at playing him there.

Bonner is exclusively a PF, even if he plays "Center" alongside Duncan. Either way, he's no SF.

You can't fix stupid..... E-RockWill's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the transaction lacked the drama of James' made-for-TV “Decision.” This, despite the fact that Bonner joked his one-hour special had been aired at 1 a.m. on New Hampshire public access, “after Knitters' Corner and before the Penacook town parade”.......As for his famously modest wheels? Bonner said he still has no plans to trade them in.
    “They stopped producing Pontiac Grand Prixs, so it's now a classic,” Bonner said. “Keep that in mind the next time you want to make fun of me.”

Too funny.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Bonner some minutes at SF in the NBA final to stop Miami Heat's SF.

Well, maybe no, but there should have a reason why Spurs have given him a $10M+ contract...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Bonner some minutes at SF in the NBA final to stop Miami Heat's SF.

Well, maybe no, but there should have a reason why Spurs have given him a $10M+ contract...
    Did you read the article...dude is hilarious!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you read the article...dude is hilarious!
    It's maybe the reason. He is also hilarious on the court when he airballed 3 pointers in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's maybe the reason. He is also hilarious on the court when he airballed 3 pointers in the playoffs.
    Agreed. The other thing you can't replace is when he goes top-shelf...it's like nothing you've ever seen before (last part not "blued" b/c it's true).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Express News le is classic...

Spurs Splurge on Bonner

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't you try Bonner at the 3? He could play that position like AK-47 right? Kirilenko is a big man who can play either forward spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't you try Bonner at the 3? He could play that position like AK-47 right? Kirilenko is a big man who can play either forward spot.
    He's nowhere near as athletic as AK-47 and carries about 40 more pounds on his body than Kirilenko does. He's already a liability against quicker 4s...he'd get destroyed by 3s.

He's a PF.

The only PF who could potentially play the 3 in spot minutes is Blair...and that's only if he continues to improve his conditioning, drop some weight and improve his perimeter jumpshot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirilenko is listed at 15 pounds lighter than Bonner. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually closer to 25 pounds.

While I think Bonner at the 3 would be an interesting experiment, he'd have to be paired with a more mobile big man who can guard 3s at the other end. While Splitter is certainly more mobile, I don't know that even he fits the bill. I doubt the Spurs would try a Bonner/Splitter/Duncan front court, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out for 5 minutes and seeing what happens.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Bonner at the 3 spot would allow you to spread the floor better. Add a quick penetrating guard and put good three point shooting 2 up there and that would really open things up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Oh well, that's okay. The Spurs will surely be bringing their draft pick Luis Scola over from Spain next year.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You will need a big front line to match up with the Lakers. Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Kobe, Artest, Fisher.

Thread Information