Page 300 of 474 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 11850
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Representative Jeff Van Drew, Anti-Impeachment Democrat, Plans to Switch Parties

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/14/u...epublican.html

Meh, he’s a former Republican, likely going to end up there again. South Jersey has always been pretty red.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his run for state senate in 2007, Van Drew remarked, "I’m proud to be a Democrat because to me it always represented working people, middle class people and issues of compassion." Van Drew represented Republican-leaning Cape May County in the assembly, and accordingly took politically moderate positions.

During his congressional primary campaign, Van Drew had a 100% rating from the National Rifle Association (NRA). In 2007 and 2008, Van Drew received $2,700 from the National Shooting Sports Foundation Inc., and in 2008, Van Drew received $1,000 from the NRA. In 2010, Van Drew sponsored legislation that would allow residents to carry a handgun after going through a background check, taking a firearms training course, passing a test, and paying a $500 fee. In 2013, Van Drew voted as the only Democrat against a series of 10 gun control bills following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Van Drew also voiced support for expanded background checks and the regulation for silencers. Despite his pro-gun stance, the gun-control group Moms Demand Action designated Van Drew a "Gun Sense Candidate".

In 2012 as state senator, Van Drew voted against a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in New Jersey, one of two Democrats in opposition. In 2013 during his reelection campaign, the non-profit New Jersey Family First sent out flyers stating that Van Drew "supports traditional marriage and letting the people vote on the definition of marriage," while his Republican opponent Susan Adelizzi Schmidt was in favor of same-sex marriage.

Also in 2012, Van Drew voted against raising the state minimum wage above the federal minimum wage of $7.25, the lone Democrat to dissent. On his campaign website, Van Drew highlighted his support for fully funding the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and protecting net neutrality. Van Drew also supported a state cons utional amendment requiring parental approval for abortions, which he later withdrew. As state senator, he also withdrew sponsorship of a bill to reinstate the death penalty in the state, which he previously favored.

Van Drew opposes offshore drilling on the Atlantic coast; in 2019 he joined Republican John Rutherford to introduce the Atlantic Coastal Economies Protection Act, which would prohibit seismic air gun testing in the Atlantic Ocean. The state senator previously voted to withdraw from Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative,[37] and supported the construction of a pipeline through the Pinelands.

In October 2019, he announced that he would oppose the impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump. On October 31, 2019, he was one of two Democrats to vote against the rules for an impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump. The vote was partially seen as a re-election strategy. In December 2019 it was reported that he is considering switching to the Republican Party.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Representative Jeff Van Drew, Anti-Impeachment Democrat, Plans to Switch Parties

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/14/u...epublican.html

Oh look someone who was against impeachment and was going to vote no on it is going to officially become a Trumpie.

This guy at least had the guts to switch party while Tulsi is still pretending.

also this guy killing his own political furure. Good luck getting re-elected.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

lol is right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, would be nice if all these 'blue dog' Dems would switch already... they're basically moles, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mitch

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mitch
    So the trial will be rigged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still getting scarletted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [FONT=arial]
    ]So the trial will be rigged.

One huge positive of sicko Trash's Presidency is to prove that the entire Repug party is a CLUSTER

anti-democratic, anti-American, under total control of the oligarchy's BigDollar and suckering the so-called "Christian" evangelicals with social issues.

Moscow Mitch, Devos, etc, etc, know they can CLUSTER America and Americans without any punishment, accountability, or loss of votes from their cult base, includes the CLUSTER ED evangelicals, because they know the oligarchy's $Bs will always be there.

If Trash loses in 2020 but refuses to leave office, or doesn't then tries to stay in office after 2024, the Repugs will be right behind him, all the way.

If Trash declares martial law, Repugs and evangelicals will support him.

America is ed and un able.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-15-2019 at 01:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What trial? Oh the fauxpeachment. Get real, chump. It’s been exposed as a farce.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, the "judges" have conspired with the defendant, because they will not pay any penalty for hardball but legal storming.

Moscow McConnell has also been bragging about how he blocked ALL of Obama's Federal judge nominees.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-15-2019 at 12:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Moscow Mitch"

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What trial? Oh the fauxpeachment. Get real, chump. It’s been exposed as a farce.
    Do you just lap up every talking point your Daddeh-In-Law feeds to you like an overeager puppy who knows where his meal ticket is? lol thispego is basically a white trash Jared Kushner

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trial happens after impeachment. Read the Cons ution some time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    50%

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

This is huge. The Rs are 100% loyal to the POTUS, but their voters? Not so much.

Once the Dems make the Rs publicly state yay or nay, it could cost several 2020 senate seats. Is Trump Hill worth (politically) dying on? We'll see soon enough.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50%
    ...The Betrayal

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    USA Today, and now New York Times are calling for impeachment

What about the Houston Chronicle or San Antonio News Express or Dallas Morning News tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trial happens after impeachment. Read the Cons ution some time.
    The whole things falls under the moniker fauxpeachment now. I’ve coined it, it’s been coined.

Thread Information