Page 302 of 397 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352 ... LastLast
Results 7,526 to 7,550 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm with you, that pissed me off. It's time for CDC to step up and force the changes that need to be made.
    Herman is the definition of the 'this is fine' dog sitting in the burning room meme. He would never publicly admit that the his faith in Orlando is shaken. Prior to this game he'd made some comments in interviews about the D, which is more than he usually does. I think he gets it and things are working behind the scenes. At least I hope so.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WTF?! Everyone knows Lincoln Riley is still the playcaller for OU even after becoming the Head Coach. Most people don't even know who the the current non-playcalling OC for OU is without looking it up. I sure don't. It would just make more sense to hire a proven Air Raid OC playcaller like Doug Meacham instead of hiring OU's no-name unproven OC.

Also David Beatty is an offensive guy, not a defensive guy. He was the WR Coach on Kevin Sumlin's A&M staff before he took the KU Head Coaching job.
    My bad on the Beaty thing, for some reason I must have confused him with one of the other analyst we have on staff. As for the OC at jokelahoma, Maybe just maybe something has rubbed off because Riley has been running the best offense in the country for the last 3 years. I seem to remember a pretty good Texas coach that came from blowu You might have heard of hem, his name is on the stadium.

Oh and Meacham is , and wouldn't touch him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Early in the year I was impressed with UT defense. Good DBs all over the place. Then OSU happened and UT lost damn near their whole secondary. Been tough since then. Too much pressure on the offense now to be perfect. OSU game hurt UT bad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is officially unranked.

watching the rugby world cup on nbc; it's actually better football

STFU Blair, your stupid is clear as glass.
    LMAO. Coming from the guy who thinks we can pull an OC from OU, Beaty could be the defensive answer or that Jerry Gray or someone from OSU or Alabama is coming through that door, this is rich. Use the bye week for a 2 week breather, sport.

Herman is the definition of the 'this is fine' dog sitting in the burning room meme. He would never publicly admit that the his faith in Orlando is shaken. Prior to this game he'd made some comments in interviews about the D, which is more than he usually does. I think he gets it and things are working behind the scenes. At least I hope so.

I may be naive but I think Ivan is correct here. I think Herman knows what is going on and has an idea how to fix it but will never publicly call out a coach or a player. There may be several things I wonder about, but on that I believe it is the correct way to handle the media. As much as some fans would like to hear him publicly throw someone under the bus, I do not believe that is the way to attract the right people to the program. As a coach, I can say that I would never discuss or work for a coach that discussed his discontent with me in public. Whether or not Herman can get things fixed remains to be seen.

I may be naive but I think Ivan is correct here. I think Herman knows what is going on and has an idea how to fix it but will never publicly call out a coach or a player. There may be several things I wonder about, but on that I believe it is the correct way to handle the media. As much as some fans would like to hear him publicly throw someone under the bus, I do not believe that is the way to attract the right people to the program. As a coach, I can say that I would never discuss or work for a coach that discussed his discontent with me in public. Whether or not Herman can get things fixed remains to be seen.
    This is the correct take. Herman is a lot of things, but he's not an idiot, which is different from being a bad football coach (which remains to be seen). If he railroads Orlando publicly (which, as awful as the D was yesterday, wasn't the reason we lost), then nobody wants to do business with him and could effectively end his chance of becoming an elite HC. Barring a meltdown exponentially worse than we've already been this season, I don't expect a mid-season firing. He'll put staff on notice to shop resumes and hope they get picked up elsewhere, if they don't, then he'll drop the ax after the season. Strong wasn't afforded the luxury to treat his coaches this way and that hurt him. Mack cutting Diaz loose mid-season with Gerg waiting in the wings hurt him more than it helped him. We're too used to mid-season firings as a fan base, but it's not normal for a CFB program. Hopefully we get healthy over the next 2 weeks, put a passable defense on the field through the end of the year and Orlando peacefully takes an opportunity elsewhere. I hope Herman has someone in mind and that it's somewhat in the mold of what Les did this year (but without a mid-season firing and promotion for a QC guy). I guess Ash is who everyone is thinking will come in, but an FCS or DII savant would be my preference, because they'd be more likely to accept a staff that they're not familiar with, but are familiar with the recruiting areas. Those obviously aren't growing on trees. It'll be an interesting hiring season.

Offense needs fixing as bad as the defense. Both have regressed and at least the defense has a lot of injuries as an excuse. I have no ansurer and begening to belive Hermman doesent either.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LMAO. Coming from the guy who thinks we can pull an OC from OU, Beaty could be the defensive answer or that Jerry Gray or someone from OSU or Alabama is coming through that door, this is rich. Use the bye week for a 2 week breather, sport.
    STFU you aggy troll. No one respects you and that is why you have to use a sock. We all have you on ignore. Well time to ignore your sock as well.
    Last edited by Vito Corleone; 10-27-2019 at 04:39 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is the correct take. Herman is a lot of things, but he's not an idiot, which is different from being a bad football coach (which remains to be seen). If he railroads Orlando publicly (which, as awful as the D was yesterday, wasn't the reason we lost), then nobody wants to do business with him and could effectively end his chance of becoming an elite HC. Barring a meltdown exponentially worse than we've already been this season, I don't expect a mid-season firing. He'll put staff on notice to shop resumes and hope they get picked up elsewhere, if they don't, then he'll drop the ax after the season. Strong wasn't afforded the luxury to treat his coaches this way and that hurt him. Mack cutting Diaz loose mid-season with Gerg waiting in the wings hurt him more than it helped him. We're too used to mid-season firings as a fan base, but it's not normal for a CFB program. Hopefully we get healthy over the next 2 weeks, put a passable defense on the field through the end of the year and Orlando peacefully takes an opportunity elsewhere. I hope Herman has someone in mind and that it's somewhat in the mold of what Les did this year (but without a mid-season firing and promotion for a QC guy). I guess Ash is who everyone is thinking will come in, but an FCS or DII savant would be my preference, because they'd be more likely to accept a staff that they're not familiar with, but are familiar with the recruiting areas. Those obviously aren't growing on trees. It'll be an interesting hiring season.
    Just to be clear, I didn't call for Herman to publicly blast Orlando. I just wanted him to let Orlando know what's at stake.

A few weeks ago (after the OU game?) Herman said that this kind of defense wouldn't cut it at Texas (I'm paraphrasing). It's gotten worse, which is why I wanted him to say something similar. I saw other tweets where Herman went a bit more in-depth, but a simple "no" to the original question regarding his faith in Orlando, isn't a good look. As IvanDrago said a few posts up, it's really the "this is fine" dog meme.

I never expected Orlando to be fired mid-season, simply because Texas doesn't have a solid option to turn to. Greg Robinson had been a part of the program before and had been an analyst since the Spring back in 2013. Naivar is the only one with DC experience and is he going to do better than Orlando? I doubt it, especially considering all of the injuries to Naivars position group - he has his hands full with the young guys already. No need to put more on his plate. Has et ever been confirmed that Chris Ash actually is at Texas in an analyst role? At best, he's been part of the program for a month. He's not going to be interim DC.

My biggest issue with Orlando is his inability to adapt. The minute Texas started to get all of these injuries, he should have simplified his defense. All of these late blitze with guys from a different continent (to use Diggs' words) isn't working. It's obvious to anyone what's coming and he's not disguising anything.

If/when Herman needs a new DC, I'm really interested to see the process. Orlando has been his guy since he became a HC. Is he going with Ash, or is Ash being looked at as a DB coach? If Herman looks to someone he doesn't know (i.e. someone he hasn't coached with), is he going to give that guy complete control over the defense and the other coaches on that side of the ball? I'm interested to see if Herman goes out to hire someone to replace Orlando straight up, and keeps Giles, Washington and Naivar, or gives the new guy a blank check to hire his guys assistants.

Honestly, there are probably three to five coaches I could see NOT return in 2020. Herman is going to make or break his Texas tenure this off-season. It's going to be interesting.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, I didn't call for Herman to publicly blast Orlando. I just wanted him to let Orlando know what's at stake.

A few weeks ago (after the OU game?) Herman said that this kind of defense wouldn't cut it at Texas (I'm paraphrasing). It's gotten worse, which is why I wanted him to say something similar. I saw other tweets where Herman went a bit more in-depth, but a simple "no" to the original question regarding his faith in Orlando, isn't a good look. As IvanDrago said a few posts up, it's really the "this is fine" dog meme.

I never expected Orlando to be fired mid-season, simply because Texas doesn't have a solid option to turn to. Greg Robinson had been a part of the program before and had been an analyst since the Spring back in 2013. Naivar is the only one with DC experience and is he going to do better than Orlando? I doubt it, especially considering all of the injuries to Naivars position group - he has his hands full with the young guys already. No need to put more on his plate. Has et ever been confirmed that Chris Ash actually is at Texas in an analyst role? At best, he's been part of the program for a month. He's not going to be interim DC.

My biggest issue with Orlando is his inability to adapt. The minute Texas started to get all of these injuries, he should have simplified his defense. All of these late blitze with guys from a different continent (to use Diggs' words) isn't working. It's obvious to anyone what's coming and he's not disguising anything.

If/when Herman needs a new DC, I'm really interested to see the process. Orlando has been his guy since he became a HC. Is he going with Ash, or is Ash being looked at as a DB coach? If Herman looks to someone he doesn't know (i.e. someone he hasn't coached with), is he going to give that guy complete control over the defense and the other coaches on that side of the ball? I'm interested to see if Herman goes out to hire someone to replace Orlando straight up, and keeps Giles, Washington and Naivar, or gives the new guy a blank check to hire his guys assistants.

Honestly, there are probably three to five coaches I could see NOT return in 2020. Herman is going to make or break his Texas tenure this off-season. It's going to be interesting.
    I can't stand blowu but I admire how quickly they fired baby stoops after we beat them. I wish we could do the same. But I'm guessing we are going to have to lose a few more commitments before that happens.

I can't stand blowu but I admire how quickly they fired baby stoops after we beat them. I wish we could do the same. But I'm guessing we are going to have to lose a few more commitments before that happens.
    Mike Stoops was there for 6 years you head. And that was after his first stint. Call me a troll again. You’re not a troll, just a dumbass.

I never meant to insinuate that you thought Herman should blast TO or make a mid-season change. Was just agreeing with the poster that responded to you that, despite what TH says, he knows what’s going on. How he addresses it (internally and eventually publicly, even if indirectly) will dictate how his tenure goes.

I certainly was not saying that Bloeddy. I agree that Orlando has not seemed to be able to adjust. It was one thing when he inherited players from the previous regime that may not have fit his scheme but he should have some of his type of players now. I also agree that special teams have been a nightmare for a long time. Not since Shipley the elder have we had a consistent return. That makes no sense to me. With all of the athletes that have been recruited just by Herman's staff, it is difficult to believe that we can not field a respectable and consistent special teams.

Flight landed, so I’ll try to go a bit deeper in my thoughts. Not trying blast you or your opinions, which I think are fair and reasoned.

I’m no Herman apologist, but the “no” answer was what I think is the only answer there. He’s got to recruit future players (currently committed and otherwise) and likely a future DC and staff. A no faith vote in the public hurts both of those causes which are the life blood of a program. Orlando and co. absolutely know that Herman and the rest of the world is pissed at them, unless I’m overestimating Herman by 1000%. No matter what people think of Herman, I can’t imagine he showed up today all smiles and said “weekend off friends, let’s look forward to relaxing for a bit.” As fans, we want blood and shame, but from an organizational standpoint, it’s good that Herman knows not to blow up his subordinates.

Where I can’t back Herman is with how the offense and Ehlinger have regressed this season. Zero imagination, totally predicable. The same low percentage 1st down play followed by a run for no gain, etc. It’s infuriating. Herman needs to offload some of his responsibility if it’s too hard to game plan for a broken team like TCU. Any semblance of a coherent game plan puts TCU away in the first half. If you let bad teams hang around, you’re gonna get beat, or smoked like we were in the 2H. While the D was bad, the O did them zero favors and lost the game imo given their health relative to our scotch taped defense.

OC's are hard to come by but I would look at offenses that are both putting up big numbers and putting guys in the league. Let's start with the OC in Norman, we can out bid to gooners for him since it's probably going to be Riley leaving for the NFL. Then I would look at the OC in LSU or one of the New Orleans Saints OCs. That dude worked wonders on the LSU offense.

DC is easier. I'd look first at the two guys we have already on campus, Beaty and Ash, if neither is what we are looking for then next I'd look at Jerry Gray and finally I'd look at the DCs in Ohio State and Bama.

Of course we could maybe money whip Aranda (sp).

I like Giles and our RB coach, and hand, but all the others are now up for grabs.

If this doesn't work then Tom has to go.

If we get rid of Tom I'm looking hard at the dude in Iowa State and maybe pulling an aggsy and money whipping a big name like Urban or dare I say it. Dabo.
    WTF?! Everyone knows Lincoln Riley is still the playcaller for OU even after becoming the Head Coach. Most people don't even know who the the current non-playcalling OC for OU is without looking it up. I sure don't. It would just make more sense to hire a proven Air Raid OC playcaller like Doug Meacham instead of hiring OU's no-name unproven OC.

Also David Beatty is an offensive guy, not a defensive guy. He was the WR Coach on Kevin Sumlin's A&M staff before he took the KU Head Coaching job.

My bad on the Beaty thing, for some reason I must have confused him with one of the other analyst we have on staff. As for the OC at jokelahoma, Maybe just maybe something has rubbed off because Riley has been running the best offense in the country for the last 3 years. I seem to remember a pretty good Texas coach that came from blowu You might have heard of hem, his name is on the stadium.

Oh and Meacham is , and wouldn't touch him.
    Doug Meachum was a great playcaller when he was TCU's co-OC. What changed that we'd look down on him as a OC hire?

Doug Meachum was a great playcaller when he was TCU's co-OC. What changed that we'd look down on him as a OC hire?
    do you think he wound up in the XFL because he was such a good playcaller?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Meh it was mostly bie

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I am scared to follow recruiting this week.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Meh it was mostly bie
    You sure? Yeah bie has always been thought of the QB guru, but TCU fans on Twitter are always complaining how much bie sucks as a playcaller. I don't remember them ever complaining about Meachum as a playcaller.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information