Page 305 of 407 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 10175
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher going top-3 confirmed.

damn that sucks... i guess the gig is up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher is just the TIDDY smokes screen

GSG

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely the Risacher camp wants to end up on the Spurs, similar to Wemby last year. Well run and stable organisation. He could avoid workouts with the top 3 to try manoeuvre his way to the Spurs but you’d have to think that would be heavily frowned upon by the NBA.

The Hawks are a bit of a mess, so are the Wiz, and the Rockets have a glut of wings with Jabari, Tari, Whitmore, Brooks, Amen (yes he’s a wing).

The Spurs on the other hand have a gaping hole at the 3 spot which Risacher could slot into and make his own. It’s easily the best situation for him out of the Top 4 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 nd for 4th & 35th?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t see Sarr as a center? That would be a minority opinion.
    I meant Clingan. Notice he isn't in my hypothetical top 8

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Just a little heads-up:
    Aside of Risacher and Salaün, another young player is shining in France: Nolan Traoré.

He isn't eligible for the 2024 draft since he is born in 2006 but he is a player to keep an eye on for the 2025 draft. It's still unknown where he will play next year (France, NCAA, NBL...).
    the recent plethora of top french prospects in the nba & france winning the world cup is a result of allowing immigration to take over ur country........

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if rissacherr is gone by the 4h pick....Think we should try to trade down to utah picks in 10 and 29 or trade it to new orleans
    for there 17 and 21 picks.Draft players like devin carter,missi,and furphy or carrington.And move on from wesley and branham
    and bring in some new blood to grow with wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big match from Risacher, yes. I have rarely seen him score in such different ways. I said I had questions about his shyness, he showed tonight how aggressive he is. It remains to be seen if he doesn't force his nature too much. On the other hand, IQ question: two TOs in the last minutes of a close game.
    A big reason why Risacher has been more aggressive lately is because a key player of his team (Jeremy Morgan) is injured. He has to do more offensively to compensate his loss.

Question: He said he didn't care where he was in the draft. Considering he's targeting Spurs, is there any way to make it known he wouldn't be happy elsewhere or do teams tend to force players? Selecting work outs (or something else), does it work? And in this case, one of the three teams would then be in a position to force a pick swap to their advantage with the Spurs, right?
    He can refuse to work-out for some teams and his agent can tell them he doesn't want to play there.

At the end, this is the NBA draft. Teams are in the driver seat and decide who they want to pick. If a top3 team thinks Risacher is the right player for them, they will pick him, even if he doesn't want to play there. I would say a player/agent can have a limited impact on where they are drafted.

A top 3 team can also pick Risacher with the idea to trade him to Spurs for #4 and some assets but it's kinda risky. If Spurs view Risacher only as a slightly better prospect than whoever will be available at #4 (Castle, Buzelis..), they might not be interested in that trade or only offer marginal additional assets like second round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe famously refused to work out for teams and told them he didn’t want to be anywhere except the Lakers and slid all the way to the 13th pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see it as a very likely scenario, that the Rockets trade the pick. No doubt they will at least explore that route.
    considering where they were last season, close to the play offs, and also considering the lack of star power in this draft, it would make a lot of sense to go for an experienced player, even if it‘s a role player.
    why not try to sell back the Nets pick for Bridges? even if it means to add more assets. they could offer Green plus the pick, depending on how they value Green. Green had his strong moments this season, but overall he is still the inefficient erratic player he was from day one. at least thats how I see him. All this doesn‘t mean, that a different team wouldn‘t pick Risacher at #3 as well. Just that the question, what player from this class makes sense for the Rockets, might not be the right approach.
    Last edited by Vienna; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:58 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe famously refused to work out for teams and told them he didn’t want to be anywhere except the Lakers and slid all the way to the 13th pick.
    And haliburton to kings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was then, and really only 2 or3 teams understood what he was. I think only NJ and/or Philly had to be scared off.

Agents also used to withhold medicals, but as of this year,you can’t do that anymore, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see it as a very likely scenario, that the Rockets trade the pick. No doubt they will at least explore that route.
    considering where they were last season, close to the play offs, and also considering the lack of star power in this draft, it would make a lot of sense to go for an experienced player, even if it‘s a role player.
    why not try to sell back the Nets pick for Bridges? even if it means to add more assets. they could offer Green plus the pick, depending on how they value Green. Green had his strong moments this season, but overall he is still the inefficient erratic player he was from day one. at least thats how I see him. All this doesn‘t mean, that a different team wouldn‘t pick Risacher at #3 as well. Just that the question, what player from this class makes sense for the Rockets, might not be the right approach.
    BKN turned down 3 FRPs last summer for Bridges, but they’re going to trade for just the #3 pick in a crap draft? Don’t think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told you all along guys, Risacher my man going #1, top 2 min.

Now it's time to read again Hollinger's "educated" take on Zach You understand why some teams make bad choice in the draft if they listen to guys like Hollinger (specially about foreign players).

I watched the game live yesterday (could only watch parts) and that's kind of player you hope Zach could become. He's usually not the go to guy in his team that has 4 american pllayers, including highest paid players who are supposed to justify their salary. But their main guy was out, so I guess Bourg's coach gave the green light to Zach and asked him to be aggressive.

And man, you like aggressive Risacher. Now he could score 5pt the next game (maybe not) but that could be here his ceiling if he can develop that aggressiveness in the NBA. And why not? Now if he could add some decent playmaking, he could be some "Pippen light" to dare a comparison, not an alpha, but an all around two way, 3&D guy who can be your first option here or there.

Unfortunately, barring trading up spurs can forget him.
    Last edited by JPB; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will probably come down to interviews and workouts with risacher if spurs think he's a cant miss and possibly trade up
    Last edited by td4mvp2k; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:23 AM.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, looking at the Hawks salary table they would have to bring Bey back next season and Jalen Johnson is on his last year at 4.5. Hunter has 3 more seasons at 20+ each. Not as locked in as it seems.

Wondering if ATL doesn't view Risacher as the best choice after all because that wing/forward corps is not nearly as set or deep as it looks even though I bet Jalen Johnson is a high priority for the Hawks within reason. ATL may sense more instability at the position(s) than we think and seek to shore up the forward slot with Risacher.
    Risacher is unquestionably the best choice for Atlanta. If you're a really bad or really good team, you take BPA in the draft, but if you're a middling team like the Hawks, you have to account for need. Otherwise, you might draft a player who doesn't get the minutes to develop behind one of your established players, and your team stays middling since it didn't improve its weakness. Wing is unquestionably the biggest weak spot in ATL, and I'd argue that Risacher is in far better of a position to help them immediately vs Sarr who might take a season or two before he can get major minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda joking around here but I'm salty. Atlanta. Saw Quinn sidelines at JL Bourg with the headline "Hawks looking at every option" and I took that personally. sus af statistically anomalous +9 jumps in the lottery to #1 just kinda feels like the league is doing this to SA b/c they think SA bent ATL over on the DJ trade. Which they didn't, DJ is good ATL sucks for not making it work figure it out. Develop Hunter. Go all in with Jalen. I'm not crazy about Risacher but he looks solid and I like a scenario where he falls.

I could see someone like Sarr as the #1 in this draft at least initially being a curse wrapped in a blessing with regard to the ATL future FRPs but if Risacher comes in and does well it blows the whole plan which was going quite well before the lottery win. It's lose-lose b/c if ATL picks a successful Risacher, SA loses the fit and ATL uses the fit to weaken the 2025 2026 2027. FRP/swap values. Now Hawks have leverage. They can try to pry a ransom from SA to trade the right to select which I wouldn't really consider.

Risacher is secretly the sleeper agent CIA Pop paid to get selected by ATL and have another "cold streak" to turn that 2025 ATL FRP into gold lol

Oh well anyway lots of forwards next draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big reason why Risacher has been more aggressive lately is because a key player of his team (Jeremy Morgan) is injured. He has to do more offensively to compensate his loss.

He can refuse to work-out for some teams and his agent can tell them he doesn't want to play there.

At the end, this is the NBA draft. Teams are in the driver seat and decide who they want to pick. If a top3 team thinks Risacher is the right player for them, they will pick him, even if he doesn't want to play there. I would say a player/agent can have a limited impact on where they are drafted.

A top 3 team can also pick Risacher with the idea to trade him to Spurs for #4 and some assets but it's kinda risky. If Spurs view Risacher only as a slightly better prospect than whoever will be available at #4 (Castle, Buzelis..), they might not be interested in that trade or only offer marginal additional assets like second round picks.
    can we do that with clingan...Draft him at 4 if hes there and try to get sum assets for him later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what happens, the spurs are in a good spot on draft night, one of Dillingham, Risacher, and Castle will be available at 4. At number 8 it’s house money, I could definitely see a team trying to trade for 8 if Clingan is still available to leap the Grizzlies at 9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs easily have the assets to move up to get Risacher if that’s who they really want. The question is really whether he’s unquestionably THE top tier prospect for the spurs that would warrant moving up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good call, knowing SA will walk away with one of Risacher, Castle, Dilly or Sheppard plus a bonus swing on top I feel like fans are in good hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rishacher has been my obvious #1 for a while now and his recent run of good games only confirms that belief.
    His combination of size, shooting, and defense is exactly what we need to be drafting.

In my unlikely dream draft we get Risacher at 4 and Reed Sheppard at 8.
    That puts high BBIQ players around Wemby who won’t make dumb mistakes, can make plays on defense, and can shoot the rock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rishacher has been my obvious #1 for a while now and his recent run of good games only confirms that belief.
    His combination of size, shooting, and defense is exactly what we need to be drafting.

In my unlikely dream draft we get Risacher at 4 and Reed Sheppard at 8.
    That puts high BBIQ players around Wemby who won’t make dumb mistakes, can make plays on defense, and can shoot the rock.
    Risacher and Reed would be great, but very unlikely Reed falls to 8th. Risacher and Dilly is a possibility and will be great too. Dilly can shoot the rock too, not as high as Reed but what Dilly can do is break defenses like TP did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher and Reed would be great, but very unlikely Reed falls to 8th. Risacher and Dilly is a possibility and will be great too. Dilly can shoot the rock too, not as high as Reed but what Dilly can do is break defenses like TP did.
    I’d be thrilled with Risacher and Dilly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade up for Risacher tbh.

4 and 8 + a wagon of SRPs.

Thread Information