Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a lot of teams that could use him for a reasonable FRP :

Brooklyn, I believe, have a big enough trade exception and they own Philly's pick, as well as a swap with Houston, so they could trade one.
    Charlotte, obviously, have shown interest - they could lift the pick protection on the pick the Spurs own, or trade another first, seems like Spurs are totally fine hoarding picks in the 2025-2027 window.
    Chicago own Portland's pick, lottery protected.
    Memphis have the cap space to absorb him and have their own picks, as well as 2024 GS's.
    Wolves are said to be interested in the likes of Gobert and Capella. If they strike out Poeltl is a similar archetype.
    Knicks have a ton of '23 picks via OKC and they currently don't have a C on the roster if they trade Noel to Detroit. Robinson might be brought back depending on his price but they'd probably prefer to open cap space for next summer. There could be other possible trades with them around the Fournier contract that they want off their books.
    Suns, if they lose Ayton is the most obvious of all.
    Portland, if they don't re-sign Nurkic. They own Milwaukee's '25 pick.
    Toronto, we know have been interested and they have all of their picks.
    Utah, if they lose Gobert. Their picks are currently tied up until 2028, however, they may get draft capital from the Gobert trade.

One of the good side-effects of being a tanking team is that there could always be a ton of trades around the corner to speculate about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His value is tied to supply and demand. I think to most teams he is worth spending 1-2 picks over what it costs to get Ayton or Gobert and he can give you a lot of what they do at a fraction of the cost. There’s probably 4-5 teams in that market.
    His price just got cheaper so now Jak makes sense to virtually any team near contention as he can be a 25-30 minute a night starter or a backup in most 3 player big rotations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know that it’s gotten cheaper. If there are more teams that need a center upgrade then there are centers, his price goes up. Also, more teams can afford him over Ayton or Gobert, so more buyers means good return, but not an Ayton/Gobert return right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to keep him. Sell high.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago and Toronto would be stupid not to get him as they both have a short window of opportunity to win a ring - If your going to try to win it might as well go All In.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago and Toronto would be stupid not to get him as they both have a short window of opportunity to win a ring - If your going to try to win it might as well go All In.
    Those teams and others are doing their due diligence to see if Jakob would accept an extension offer later this fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago fans already feel like we raped them. Very doubtful Chicago makes a worthy offer for Poeltl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago fans already feel like we raped them. Very doubtful Chicago makes a worthy offer for Poeltl.
    Who cares what Bulls fan thinks lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares what Bulls fan thinks lol
    Uhh, maybe their front office cares, and maybe also feels like they made a bad deal once with us that they dont want to repeat again. lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhh, maybe their front office cares, and maybe also feels like they made a bad deal once with us that they dont want to repeat again. lol
    What deal is that? DDR was great for them last year. Vuc and their injuries is why they fell off.
    Spurs are the ones that are waiting to see the full fruits of that trade if we're being fair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got screwed because they got a guy who was All-NBA, carried the team for a stretch and was in the MVP conversation for a time? Literally they got more than they had a right to expect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What deal is that? DDR was great for them last year. Vuc and their injuries is why they fell off.
    Spurs are the ones that are waiting to see the full fruits of that trade if we're being fair.
    Yes, Bullfan went from thinking we got fleeced to thinking they did with how the season ended. Demar did Demar things in the playoffs, and we got another FRP for Thad.

Go to any Bulls sites and the concensus is they made a bad trade. They don't feel like they're actually contenders even if they re-sign LaVine, which would max them out and leave very little room for anyone else. They're hamstrung now with a lead player in DDR that collapsed yet again in the playoffs

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL now after seeing how DeRozan led teams always end the season with a whimper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Bullfan went from thinking we got fleeced to thinking they did with how the season ended. Demar did Demar things in the playoffs, and we got another FRP for Thad.

Go to any Bulls sites and the concensus is they made a bad trade. They don't feel like they're actually contenders even if they re-sign LaVine, which would max them out and leave very little room for anyone else. They're hamstrung now with a lead player in DDR that collapsed yet again in the playoffs
    Were they really expecting to be contenders by adding DeRozan to Lavine and Vucevic?

If anything, they overachieved like a mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to monetize him this off-season. If you sold high on Murray because you don’t want to pay him you probably should sell high on Jak when his value is near peak. He is going to look much worse on offense without DJ sooon feeding him the ball.
    Yup. Also wth every game that goes by he's closer to free agency, and whatever we gain from waiting for a (supposedly) better offer, we lose by decreasing our lottery odds. If we don't deal him, the Dejounte trade gets worse. I think they know that, and will back off a bit from the "talented young asset + picks" frame they were previously asking for. They HAVE to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should read their boards on August 5th or whatever when we traded him. They also signed Caruso and they were feeling like they were finally back. Fast forward a bit to when they were first in the East, and Bullfans were mocking Spurfans on their pages for not getting anything for the trade ("you didn't even get 2 firsts and waived Aminu, and we in first place").

Then Fast forward to their playoff debacle, us trading Thad for another first + and DDR collapsing (think he didn't score more than single digits in lime the last 3 games of the season, and Bullfan was telling me, , you guys fleeced us.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo the Spurs would rather have a first in 2026 or 2027 than 2023 or 2024 in return for Poeltl.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After todays game Poeltl was asked if he‘ll get traded. His answer: I ask myself the same thing (laughing).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but he's getting traded to a better team...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if they don‘t want to keep a vet around the young guys. Not saying it has to be Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austria win vs Ireland 92-66. Jakob with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 4 assists.

Any word on Poeltl getting moved?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl feels like a guy whose value is highest at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austria win vs Ireland 92-66. Jakob with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 4 assists.

Any word on Poeltl getting moved?
    haha Ireland has a basketball team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean a lot of interest out there, just nothing from Spurs FO, just that per Timvp, they are shopping Poeltl hard

And that mystery on pulling the QO on Lonnie moments after the KD news... hmm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Walker asked them to let him go and they complied because they weren't sold on keeping him regardless and have other guys drafted that play his role/spot.

Thread Information