Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody will remember CP3's Suns.
    Nobody will remember Devin Booker’s Suns, even moreso.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because there are really people who believed he wanted to come in SA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PROPOSED TRADE:

Miami gets: Dame Lillard
    Portland gets: However many FRP’s from Miami from whenever, Cedi Osman and whoever the else we just got from Cleveland
    San Antonio gets: SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICKS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this impact their ability to match Reaves?
    Nah, they can still match Reaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Khem + Doug + Graham + CHA pick + TOR Pick + CHI Pick or nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami might be desperate enough to throw in Bam with Herro. Portland could also trade them Nurkic with Dame.
    Lillard is tight with Bam. He wants him to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Khem + Doug + Graham + CHA pick + TOR Pick + CHI Pick or nothing
    Throw in a handful of second round picks and I think it’s good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas Bryant signed with the heat, thought he was gonna be the spurs big after Brook gets signed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning it all without an all time great is a crapshoot so it’s stupid to measure a team that way. The alternative is Devin Booker and to a much lesser extent, Ayton, never becoming who they become and that team would have been an 8th seed all these years with a possibility of their young star asking out this year. You say you wouldn’t take their current situation but you don’t know how much worse they would be if they didn’t take this route because you refuse to see it.
    The issue is that Suns knew what they had before they got CP3, Spurs don't.

Keldon is the only valuable player we have with an established ceiling.
    Vassell isn't a mystery, but we still have to see if he's actually going to take the next step and become a consistent ~22ppg scorer.
    Sochan is a wildcard. He could become Draymond 2.0 while actually being a capable scorer or he can become the next Stanley Johnson.
    Wemby? Anywhere from Greg Oden to Kareem.

Trade for Lillard, Wemby gets injured and then we're ed because we can't tank again and we won't get to the playoffs, either.
    If only Lillard was a couple of years younger or if our youngsters had at least one season together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coïtus Interruptus

Onto the next FA ST fantasizes about.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Wemby pulling a Kawhi and leaving after his contract is up. Some of you guys are just as cheap as the front office. Why are y'all concerned about the money the Spurs will be spending? It's not your money. Make a splash and go after a big name for once, even if you're overpaying. It happens. But this "let's wait and see if we can grab cheap talent who will be an All-NBA player one day" has to stop. This is a two star a team league and we're going to need another one at some point. Free agents aren't knocking down doors to play here and they don't come cheap. The era of the way Duncan did things is over. Pay up or forever be looking for the next best cheap thing smh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland using the Spurs’ good name to create leverage. Same as usual. Nothing to see here boys.
    Spurs the only team with everything Portland wants.

Young players on cheap deals? That's a great way to offset all the money you just gave Grant to be on a rebuilding team.

Picks? Got all our own. Got other teams. That Raptors pick is looking top 10 right now. Hawks are focusing on saving money so those unrestricted picks could really be something in the future.

Young player coming into the league saying he don't want to play on a tanking team. Number one way to keep him happy is to go get an establishes supestar in this league to play with him.

Would be dumb of the spurs to do this deal but Portland should absolutely have called us first to try and see if they can get us to bite and jumpstart their rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also if the Blazers want to offload Nurkic the Spurs could actually add Osman, Birch and Stevens to take on Nurkic's money as well. Not that I want it, but if they want Dame they can certainly get him without giving up much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing I’ll say I’m not sure Lillard is the guy or not for us to go for but whenever the Celtics had all the draft capital from the Pierce/KG trade, they never consolidated those picks for a Star player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PROPOSED TRADE:

Miami gets: Dame Lillard
    Portland gets: However many FRP’s from Miami from whenever, Cedi Osman and whoever the else we just got from Cleveland
    San Antonio gets: SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICKS

If there was a third round, we would probably have like 40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think people understand that we actually wouldn't be spending a lot of money. Sending out McDermott and Vassell for example would have us basically just use up the cap space that we weren't using anyway. The year after no Vassell extension and another 18 million coming off the books while the cap rises, so we'd actually have cap space. 25/26 no Primo, so no rookie extension either, all while Keldon gets cheaper and cheaper cause of his declining contract. 26/27 Wesley, Sochan and Branham are up for extensions, but Wemby will still be on a rookie deal. 27/28 is where things could get tight, Dame has a player option for that year. Cap space wise we'd be fine with him on the books tbh

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Wemby pulling a Kawhi and leaving after his contract is up. Some of you guys are just as cheap as the front office. Why are y'all concerned about the money the Spurs will be spending? It's not your money. Make a splash and go after a big name for once, even if you're overpaying. It happens. But this "let's wait and see if we can grab cheap talent who will be an All-NBA player one day" has to stop. This is a two star a team league and we're going to need another one at some point. Free agents aren't knocking down doors to play here and they don't come cheap. The era of the way Duncan did things is over. Pay up or forever be looking for the next best cheap thing smh.
    So for a team whose stated goal is to avoid big expensive mistakes, you think 120 million dollars for a 37 year old guard right as your superstar is ending his rookie contract is a reasonable risk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last two years of Dame contract are around 60 million dollars each.

HARD PASS.
    Thibk about it beyond your initial reaction. I agree it sounds crazy in theory but It will expire just in time for other contracts to kick in. Also remember the cap will be over $180M at that point. Or roughly 1/3rd the cap. That's not a big deal for a run at a sneaky chip before our core is fully developed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In potential Lillard trade Spurs could be involved as taking on Nurkic contract attached to couple of firsts...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think people understand that we actually wouldn't be spending a lot of money. Sending out McDermott and Vassell for example would have us basically just use up the cap space that we weren't using anyway. The year after no Vassell extension and another 18 million coming off the books while the cap rises, so we'd actually have cap space. 25/26 no Primo, so no rookie extension either, all while Keldon gets cheaper and cheaper cause of his declining contract. 26/27 Wesley, Sochan and Branham are up for extensions, but Wemby will still be on a rookie deal. 27/28 is where things could get tight, Dame has a player option for that year. Cap space wise we'd be fine with him on the books tbh
    Windhorst calling it way before everybody. Again. Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for a team whose stated goal is to avoid big expensive mistakes, you think 120 million dollars for a 37 year old guard right as your superstar is ending his rookie contract is a reasonable risk?
    See my reply to poopbox

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, the Blazers are going to give Dame what he wants. And what he wants seems to be Miami. Yea, the Spurs can offer a better package of course, but that’s irrelevant if Dame isn’t interested.

Does he really want to be traded to a team that finished bottom-3 in the league last season? The whole point of this is that he wants to play for a contender. Otherwise he’d just stay in POR. I know we got Wemby, but he’s an unproven 19 year-old kid. And the rest of our roster is young, inexperienced, and unproven as well.

He can respect Pop all he wants, but I don’t see Dame actually wanting to come here. He wants to play with his boys Bam and Jimmy on a contender. And the difference between living in Miami and having to live in San Antonio is astronomical lol. No way dude chooses The Riverwalk over South Beach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not your money either, precisely. And that's why you're not a GM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thibk about it beyond your initial reaction. I agree it sounds crazy in theory but It will expire just in time for other contracts to kick in. Also remember the cap will be over $180M at that point. Or roughly 1/3rd the cap. That's not a big deal for a run at a sneaky chip before our core is fully developed.
    The difference between us and an nba le is not Lillard.

Thread Information