Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the 10:51 mark they talk about Chet's self creation as a weakness/question mark.

We just haven't seen him prove he can be a #1 option at any level yet. Not saying he can't do it, but I will have to see it to believe it, tbh. At least flashes here and there were OKC says "here, get the ball and get me a bucket". Predicting a Dirk type scorer is too wild of a prediction, imho.
    i think people are too harsh with rookies this year, especially Victor and Chet. Did they forget at which level the current best players were their first season ?

anyway, 25 % of Holmgren made shots are unassisted.

Victor is at 26%.

Embiid is at 44%, Giannis at 49, Curry at 52, Tatum at 50, Doncic at 80.

Don't see too much difference here. Would be interesting to see the shooting percentage according to the category of the shots (from a pass or created). don't know if i'm clear or if this stats exists.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just haven't seen him prove he can be a #1 option at any level yet. Not saying he can't do it, but I will have to see it to believe it, tbh. At least flashes here and there were OKC says "here, get the ball and get me a bucket". Predicting a Dirk type scorer is too wild of a prediction, imho.
    Right. Can Wemby be a high end #1 option? Yes. Can Chet be one? Inconclusive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think people are too harsh with rookies this year, especially Victor and Chet. Did they forget at which level the current best players were their first season ?

anyway, 25 % of Holmgren made shots are unassisted.

Victor is at 26%.

Embiid is at 44%, Giannis at 49, Curry at 52, Tatum at 50, Doncic at 80.

Don't see too much difference here. Would be interesting to see the shooting percentage according to the category of the shots (from a pass or created). don't know if i'm clear or if this stats exists.
    I don't think saying is a bit wild to expect Dirk type scoring from Chet is being harsh on him, tbh.

I love Chet's game, but I just don't see him as a primary offensive option. All the great rookies throught history have come to the league and were given playmaking obligations from day 1, of course most (if not all) of them suffered with efficiency, but at least all of them got to prove they had playmaking abilities. Chet hasn't had the chance to prove that yet, and I don't know if he has it, because he didn't show it in college either.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet with 20 pts 13 rebs 2 blks win against Pelicans

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RjyeVg523vg

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet with 20 pts 13 rebs 2 blks win against Pelicans

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RjyeVg523vg
    wemby on pace to have a big game today....Hopefully pop wont it up for him sitting him on the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was one of Wemby's worst halves of basketball and his game stats are still good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think Chet can create for himself with how good he is attacking the rim? He has a tremendous advantage playing on a team that runs a real offense but no way the season he's having is just reflected glory off SGA.
    If they do, they’re surrendering team supremacy to the Spurs. He’ll never be able to effectively score on Wemby, which will limit the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, OKC got spanked by Detroit today, and Chet had 9 points and 12 rebounds. And let's see if anybody gives Chet for Jalen Duren seeing 20-20 today (22 points, 21 rebounds).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, OKC got spanked by Detroit today, and Chet had 9 points and 12 rebounds. And let's see if anybody gives Chet for Jalen Duren seeing 20-20 today (22 points, 21 rebounds).
    Chet comes off as a nice little beta. Not much Alpha dog in him.

As long as he isnt relied upon to be the Alpha Dog on his team long term, they can succeed, but holy if he needs to be the Alpha....things could get ugly fast.

Post Count
    glorified Raef LeFrentz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, everyone but basketball talking heads have taken note that Wemby is running away with it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor:
    Season — 20.5 PPG | 10.1 RPG | 3.1 APG | 1.1 SPG | 3.1 BPG | 46.5/30.5/80 FG% — 28.5 MIN
    January — 24.4 PPG | 9.7 RPG | 3.3 APG | 0.8 SPG | 3.2 BPG | 51.2/33.9/81.1 FG% — 26.1 MIN

Chet:
    Season — 17 PPG | 7.5 RPG | 2.7 APG | 0.6 SPG | 2.5 BPG | 53.8/37.8/77.3 FG% — 30 MIN
    January — 15.5 PPG | 6.9 RPG | 3.2 APG | 0.5 SPG | 2.3 BPG | 52.8/33.3/59 FG% — 30.2 MIN

Victor is progressing, Chet is regressing.
    Repost from other thread. Victor is now producing 9 more points in 4 minutes less this month. Not even taking all the other stats into account (percentages are closing FAST!), this « race » isn't even close anymore.
    Sure, they'll tell you it's not about one month, it's about the entire season. But there's an argument for one guy separating himself from the other, I'm sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 pts in 26 minutes is crazy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight:
    Victor — 22 PTS | 11 REB | 4 AST | 1 STL | 3 BLK | 47.4/0/100 FG% — 30:46 MIN
    Chet — 4 PTS | 7 REB | 2 AST | 0 STL | 3 BLK | 22.2/0/0 FG% — 32:00 MIN

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    you must have had a rough couple of days since you've been pushing this shtick pretty aggressively

the reason the shtick doesnt work is because there isnt a single fan on this board who has anything resembling second thoughts with wemby

compare on the other hand to the legendary summer of your Michael Jordan alt ting on the lakers and dwight howard and whatnot after a disaster season where everything came apart, kirby tore his achilles, #stayD12, etc etc

you need some actual sting behind the shtick
    Another loss from Victor Porzingis. 7 foot 4 and big pussy ass chucking shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another loss from Victor Porzingis. 7 foot 4 and big pussy ass chucking shots.
    shut up got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight:
    Victor — 22 PTS | 11 REB | 4 AST | 1 STL | 3 BLK | 47.4/0/100 FG% — 30:46 MIN
    Chet — 4 PTS | 7 REB | 2 AST | 0 STL | 3 BLK | 22.2/0/0 FG% — 32:00 MIN
    Chet is helpless against big guys like Duren and Gobert. In fact got obliterated by them two games in a row. OkC's scheme of playing him as the lone big doesn't do them any favors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop with the slurs you ing child.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is helpless against big guys like Duren and Gobert. In fact got obliterated by them two games in a row. OkC's scheme of playing him as the lone big doesn't do them any favors.
    I wouldn't overreact, dude's still a HOF talent having a monster rookie season. He just ain't Victor.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He’s got statpadder of the year on lock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't overreact, dude's still a HOF talent having a monster rookie season. He just ain't Victor.
    Nothing I said is untrue. He struggles with strong bigs and OKC's scheme does him no favors. How is that an overreaction?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet's fading, Wemby's star is rising (in the ROTY matchup). The fake ankle injury minute restrictions from Wemby has really been a ploy to improve his conditioning while assuaging the big man's ego/desire to win, I bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting video, aside from the incorrect/out of context Vic translation.

Thread Information