Page 335 of 389 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 9714
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta will be worse next year than last year. Their inclination is going to be to stand pat, but they’d probably be better trading Young and getting what they can than running it back 100% the same. They were a bit better without him and with DJ running the show.
    I hope you're right but the East is so weak... we'll see

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're right but the East is so weak... we'll see
    It's league wide standings for draft lottery position, though, right? League wide I expect Atlanta to be bottom 8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's league wide standings for draft lottery position, though, right? League wide I expect Atlanta to be bottom 8.
    I am so glad this is a weak draft class because with the number 1 pick this year I don't think it's going to help them short term as far as winning nor do I think they will get much in trading that pick. The Hawks are really screwed for the next 3 years owing us there picks so what they need to do is to be able to trade Murray or Trae but to trade them for very good draft picks (Unprotected) which is easier said then done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am so glad this is a weak draft class because with the number 1 pick this year I don't think it's going to help them short term as far as winning nor do I think they will get much in trading that pick. The Hawks are really screwed for the next 3 years owing us there picks so what they need to do is to be able to trade Murray or Trae but to trade them for very good draft picks (Unprotected) which is easier said then done.
    Ultimately, they are screwed... we've got them in a position where the best thing they can do for the franchise is makes moves that help us. Assuming we aren't a trade partner they only have two options, 1) Trade players for other players and remain a lower-mid team or 2) trade Trae/DJ etc for as many unprotected picks as they can get. Option 1 just delays their rebuild and Option 2 let's them start selling 'hope' now.

Option 2 is their best choice and it helps us...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultimately, they are screwed... we've got them in a position where the best thing they can do for the franchise is makes moves that help us. Assuming we aren't a trade partner they only have two options, 1) Trade players for other players and remain a lower-mid team or 2) trade Trae/DJ etc for as many unprotected picks as they can get. Option 1 just delays their rebuild and Option 2 let's them start selling 'hope' now.

Option 2 is their best choice and it helps us...
    I Think their hand will be forced within the calendar year on Trae. Next summer, he becomes a one year rental (26 opt out), and his price drops sharply. They really need to trade him sometime hetween the draft and the trade deadline.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst case scenario: Atlanta takes Risacher, Washington falls in love with Castle, and Houston takes Sarr who falls into their lap. That would probably put the Spurs in a tough spot, provided they aren't fans of Dillingham as I believe to be the case.
    unfortunately I see a good chance that this could happen.
    In this case I would reach for Cody at 4. why? you push one more guard down and I don‘t see Pistons and Blazers pick a guard. Hornets might take Sheppard, but there is still a chance that they take Clingan, because of the back problems of Mark Williams. so or so, at 8 there will still be a nicely filled pool of guards available. Topic, Dillingham, McCain, Carter and maybe also Sheppard. Whatever player type they are looking for, it should be there. That would not be the case with SFs. And I think the Pistons would pick Cody at 5, if he is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way are there any good shotblockers mocked in the 2nd round? If we address SF and PG with #4 and #8 we should look to draft a C at #35. All we really need there is a rebounding shotblocker who can roll to the rim and is somewhat mobile to replace Collins long term.
    Bassey is still under contract for 2 more seasons. He was great this season before the ACL injury so I don't see the Spurs looking that way unless they worry about his knees long term.

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly's stock really dropped in that mock.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unfortunately I see a good chance that this could happen.
    In this case I would reach for Cody at 4. why? you push one more guard down and I don‘t see Pistons and Blazers pick a guard. Hornets might take Sheppard, but there is still a chance that they take Clingan, because of the back problems of Mark Williams. so or so, at 8 there will still be a nicely filled pool of guards available. Topic, Dillingham, McCain, Carter and maybe also Sheppard. Whatever player type they are looking for, it should be there. That would not be the case with SFs. And I think the Pistons would pick Cody at 5, if he is there.
    No way the Pistons are taking Cody Williams ahead of Buzelis. If there's one guy you can almost certainly wait until #8 to draft, it's him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami lucking into Dillingham would be absolutely ridiculous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be a sad draft for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting Dillingham ranked 5th best PG in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting bits in this Wasserman piece from today about movement since the combine:

https://www.nba.com/news/bleacher-re...est-mock-draft

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting bits in this Wasserman piece from today about movement since the combine:

https://www.nba.com/news/bleacher-re...est-mock-draft
    Things are becoming a little clearer..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami lucking into Dillingham would be absolutely ridiculous.
    Miami getting Carter would be a perfect fit for both of them

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than likely.

Interestingly, Clingan has "fans among the Hawks cons uency". If he gets to 4 and the Hawks prefer Risacher to Sarr, the Spurs could offer a package around 4 for Murray.

This is your weekly reminder that the Atlanta hawks defensive rating was WORSE when Dejounte was on the floor vs Trae young on the floor

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just take Nikola Djurisic if you want a Serbian PG with size in the second round instead of Topic with a top 8 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it. Carter certainly had the forehead for the job. He fits the mold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would the Spurs look at drafting Castle at #4 and Carter at #8?
    That’d actually be a pretty fun haul…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would the Spurs look at drafting Castle at #4 and Carter at #8?
    That’d actually be a pretty fun haul…
    I think if the Spurs took Castle at 4, Carter would be too redundant, as fun as that defense would be. Dillingham at 8 is probably the correct move.

Seeing what the Spurs have recently valued though with positional size and length, my prediction would be Castle and Cody Williams as the most likely combination to be taken.

If that did go down and the two guys developed appropriately, Spurs-Thunder would be absolutely epic in a couple years

Chet vs Wemby
    Jalen vs Cody
    SGA vs a guy custom built to stop him
    Dort vs Sochan to see who could be hated more by the opposing fanbase

If the spurs could sign a random teenage girl to play point guard, NBA media would explode on the spot
    Last edited by SpursBills; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it. Carter certainly had the forehead for the job. He fits the mold

Few who had a better combine week than Carter, who broke a combine record in the 3/4-court sprint and tied for the best max standing vertical leap at 42 inches. He's coming off a Big East Player of the Year season for Providence and has shown the improvement as a shooter that could make him a ready-made 3-and-D weapon with playmaking to boot.
    It's hard reading scouting reports when they all come across and allstars in the making. But I like what I read.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just take Nikola Djurisic if you want a Serbian PG with size in the second round instead of Topic with a top 8 pick.
    I am really hoping to get him or Dadiet with our 35 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if the Spurs took Castle at 4, Carter would be too redundant, as fun as that defense would be. Dillingham at 8 is probably the correct move.

Seeing what the Spurs have recently valued though with positional size and length, my prediction would be Castle and Cody Williams as the most likely combination to be taken.

If that did go down and the two guys developed appropriately, Spurs-Thunder would be absolutely epic in a couple years

Chet vs Wemby
    Jalen vs Cody
    SGA vs a guy custom built to stop him
    Dort vs Sochan to see who could be hated more by the opposing fanbase

If the spurs could sign a random teenage girl to play point guard, NBA media would explode on the spot
    That would be pretty cool. I still think the Castle/Carter combo is a possibility tbh.

I’d imagine the ball is still going to be in Wemby’s hands for a majority of plays.
    I’m still not sold that Dillingham can play off-ball and contribute defensively at a serviceable level.

Thread Information