Page 34 of 491 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it normal to have B2B games in preseason? Raptors playing again tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it normal to have B2B games in preseason? Raptors playing again tonight.
    Memphis had them last Fri and Sat. Don’t know if other teams but wouldn’t surprise me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had 7 assist, 7 boards and 5 steals last night in a preaseason game
    So in other words you trying to deflect that he didn't look great on offense scoring the ball? Had no lift of his jumpshots, doesn't look like he has any explosiveness at all. Right now, doesn't look like the same guy.

I think it's just rust, but we'll see after he's been back for 2-3 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He missed ton of bunnies because he can't jump anymore.

"but but he was faking his injury ", right? Like I've said before, it's pretty obvious now, he was really injured last season. His bad quad changed his game, it's stupid to say the opposite...

Other things are there, steals, some defense, he has improved so much as playmaker this preseason but it's clear that he's not the dominant guy on both ends that we saw in 2016 and 2017
    Thanks for your input, Uncle Dennis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in other words you trying to deflect that he didn't look great on offense scoring the ball? Had no lift of his jumpshots, doesn't look like he has any explosiveness at all. Right now, doesn't look like the same guy.

I think it's just rust, but we'll see after he's been back for 2-3 months.
    So did he fake the injury or not? If it isn't rust then it appears the injury was legit. Which might make the Spurs look worse, so hopefully it is just rust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for your input, Uncle Dennis.
    Nah. Everyone knows that I've been very critical of his representatives' unprofessional way.

At the same time, I'm pretty damn sure the Spurs medical staff made a big mistake about Kawhi's injury.

The team didn't even believe he was feeling pain/can't play, they misdiagnosed/mishandled his injury and now he's just 70% old of Kawhi.

Again, a super-efficient top player like him, suddenly doesn't get worse without an injury that affected his game.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must admit I'm probably in the minority that wants Kawhi to return to 100% because he's such a joy to watch.. even if it happens to be with another team.. but .. he doesn't look the same physically so far in the pre-season.. not time to be concerned yet if your a Raptor fan or Kawhi fan .. but if he still looks like a below average NBA athlete like he does now 15 games into the season good chance he won't be the same and the injury was legit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must admit I'm probably in the minority that wants Kawhi to return to 100% because he's such a joy to watch.. even if it happens to be with another team.. but .. he doesn't look the same physically so far in the pre-season.. not time to be concerned yet if your a Raptor fan or Kawhi fan .. but if he still looks like a below average NBA athlete like he does now 15 games into the season good chance he won't be the same and the injury was legit.
    Yep, this is similar to my thoughts, but I'd give him 2-3 months before I go jumping to that conclusion.

In my opinion, he wasn't an A-grade athlete when he was at his best with the Spurs, as with his skill set, if he was an A-grade athlete that could finish above the rim consistently, he would have easily been the best player in the NBA, I considered him a B-grade athlete (guys like Lebron, Giannis, Russell Westbrook is what I consider A-grade), but right now, he looks even lower than a B-grade athlete. It could just be rust and the long layoff, though, so we'll see in a few months time. If he really was injured and is never the same, then that is going to hurt the Spurs and make them look even worse. It's going to be even harder getting free agents, so I hope that isn't the case at all.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, this is similar to my thoughts, but I'd give him 2-3 months before I go jumping to that conclusion.

In my opinion, he wasn't an A-grade athlete when he was at his best with the Spurs, as with his skill set, if he was an A-grade athlete that could finish above the rim consistently, he would have easily been the best player in the NBA, I considered him a B-grade athlete (guys like Lebron, Giannis, Russell Westbrook is what I consider A-grade), but right now, he looks even lower than a B-grade athlete. It could just be rust and the long layoff, though, so we'll see in a few months time. If he really was injured and is never the same, then that is going to hurt the Spurs and make them look even worse. It's going to be even harder getting free agents, so I hope that isn't the case at all.
    Yeah agree re. the B-grade ranking athletically.. right now he looks like somewhere between and C and D grade athlete by NBA standards. I don't recall him even dunking so far this pre season.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Leonard has looked fine moving around other than his jump. Some plays it looks back while others not so much. On the missed dunk he got up just fine but hit the back rim. It’s not like he got stuffed by the front because he couldn’t jump high enough.

He’s always taken a bit to kick rust when returning. Considering he’s only played 9 games in the last 16 months it’s going to take more than 3 preseason games to find his rhythm. If we’re still talking about his jump or lack of one in December then you have to think he’ll never be the same.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard has looked fine moving around other than his jump. Some plays it looks back while others not so much. On the missed dunk he got up just fine but hit the back rim. It’s not like he got stuffed by the front because he couldn’t jump high enough.

He’s always taken a bit to kick rust when returning. Considering he’s only played 9 games in the last 16 months it’s going to take more than 3 preseason games to find his rhythm. If we’re still talking about his jump or lack of one in December then you have to think he’ll never be the same.
    Agreed his rust reminds me of MJ's rust back in '95. It took MJ playing 20 some regular season games and several playoff games to return to 100 percent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's exactly where I am at too. Have to see how he looks in a couple of months with a regular schedule. I was concerned about his injury even if he re-upped, but whatever happened only be knows the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay..... new troll.

Lets see who you think is better. Name them or gtfo
    LEBRON,DURANT,HArden,curry,westbrooks,irving,embii d.etc are better player than him
    kachoke just a cancer,he will only made player around him play worse,just see how much better when aldridge has been play without this scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed his rust reminds me of MJ's rust back in '95. It took MJ playing 20 some regular season games and several playoff games to return to 100 percent.
    sorry,even mj at 40s still much better player than kachoke at 2017 ever dream

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry,even mj at 40s still much better player than kachoke at 2017 ever dream
    Trust me I hate Kachoke but I'm not going to jump to conclusions that he's on the decline based on preseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LEBRON,DURANT,HArden,curry,westbrooks,irving,embii d.etc are better player than him
    kachoke just a cancer,he will only made player around him play worse,just see how much better when aldridge has been play without this scrub
    Harden, westbrook, irving, embid, etc. - lol. You have for brains if you honestly believe that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden, westbrook, irving, embid, etc. - lol. You have for brains if you honestly believe that.
    kachoke won nothing since duncan retire,kachoke is just a cancer,who made his teammates around him play worse
    it's spurs made him look like superstars...................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kachoke's defence get overrated,actually duncan get him win 2 dpoy........his drpm decrease since timmy retire,nuff said,not to mention,he is the worst finals mvp in nba HISTORY,he robbed timmy fmvp in 2014 nba finals.......embiid in 2nd year,already lea his team to playoffs,unlike kachoke who get kick out in 1st rd by clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trust me I hate Kachoke but I'm not going to jump to conclusions that he's on the decline based on preseason.
    HE NEVER AS ATHLETIC AS MIKE,EVEN MJ AT 40,STILL CAN RUN FASTER,QUICKER THAN KACHOKE EVER DREAM.............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HE NEVER AS ATHLETIC AS MIKE,EVEN MJ AT 40,STILL CAN RUN FASTER,QUICKER THAN KACHOKE EVER DREAM.............
    Change your account name for the love of Tim Duncan

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of surreal seeing him in another uniform. ing got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of surreal seeing him in another uniform. ing got.
    The whole entire Kawhi saga was surreal. Honestly while he was with the Spurs I never had any admiration for him like I did for Drob,Duncan,Manu(I know Manu s are shocked by this revelation). His personality never seemed endearing to me as someone you can really get behind but I thought due to having a bland personality he would be in a spurs uniform for a very long time. Another positive I thought of him having a bland personality was that I wrongly assumed that he couldn't cause any drama. I always thought he was re ed even before the uncle situation and my old posts back that up but I was shocked to hear he had a puppet master in his uncle. On top of that his Uncle was a pawn of two greedy Jews who wanted him to play in the LA market.

I hope that one day ESPN does a 30 for 30 on this Kawhi saga. It deserves a story because I think everybody deserves to hear the truth. I think eventually it will get leaked out several years from now when its safe to do it.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His uncle + his autism personality is the problem

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kachoke won nothing since duncan retire,kachoke is just a cancer,who made his teammates around him play worse
    it's spurs made him look like superstars...................
    So dumb

Thread Information