Page 35 of 1678 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945851355351035 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I woke up worrying about the Trump.
    I worry for him to. I haven't woken up early for it. More about my failed life. Lol

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox and Friends. Gotta love that show.
    If you're a masochist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I worry for him to. I haven't woken up early for it. More about my failed life. Lol
    Such is the mindset of a bandwagoner.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Swedish Columnist Backs Up Trump's Immigration Claims

A newspaper columnist for the British conservative magazine Spectator in September of 2016 wrote how Sweden was an example of how not to handle immigrants, an article of particular interest in light of President Donald Trump's critical comments on Sweden during a Florida rally on Saturday night. [Full Story]
    this is fake news.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're a masochist.

Or don't like fake news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or don't like fake news.
    Fox and Friends is your go-to for real news?

Your act makes sense now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox and Friends is your go-to for real news?

Your act makes sense now.

Yah, because Obama didn't treat Fox News the way Trump is treating CNN right now. LOL. Rationalize it how you want, you're act is simplistic partisanship. It's ok for one, but not for the other. Too typical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yah, because Obama didn't treat Fox News the way Trump is treating CNN right now. LOL. Rationalize it how you want, you're act is simplistic partisanship. It's ok for one, but not for the other. Too typical.
    I don't know what this defensive redirect has to do with Fox and Friends being a ty show. Really, if you can sit through five minutes of that show and not feel like your intelligence has been beaten to a bloody pulp, I don't know what to tell you.

Time Is A Flat Circle Rust Cohle's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I don't know what this defensive redirect has to do with Fox and Friends being a ty show. Really, if you can sit through five minutes of that show and not feel like your intelligence has been beaten to a bloody pulp, I don't know what to tell you.
    Shut up. Fox & Friends is an amazing show. I'm pretty sure Steve Doocy is the Edward R. Murrow of our generation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “This is bad journalism”: Swedish cops blast Fox News story based off “madman” filmmaker referenced by President Trump

Cops interviewed in the film Tucker Carlson shed a spotlight on say they were taken completely out of context

But according to people who actually live in Sweden — and the cops who patrol the streets — Donald Trump is peddling in fake news.

Ami Horowitz, who interviewed two Swedish police officers as part of his film, “Stockholm Syndrome.” But the cops that Horowitz interviewed, Anders Göranzon and Jacob Ekström, say their comments were taken out of context.

“It was supposed to be about crime in high risk areas. Areas with high crime rates. There wasn’t any focus on migration or immigration,”

“We don’t stand behind it. It shocked us. He has edited the answers. We were answering completely different questions in the interview. This is bad journalism.”

The upset police officer also made it clear that he was appalled at journalist Ami Horowitz, whom he described as “a madman.”

There is no statistical evidence that immigration in Sweden has led to an increase in crime, the New York Times noted Monday.

One type of crime in Sweden that has undeniably ed, though, are Islamophobic hate crimes. They rose from 327 in 2013 to 558 in 2015.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/20/this...esident-trump/

Islamophobe Bannon's had nothing to say about Islamophobic hate crimes in Sweden, or Montreal.

Just another case of Trash telling a malicious lie that is taken a Bible truth by you ignorant Trash supporters.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    “This is bad journalism”: Swedish cops blast Fox News story based off “madman” filmmaker referenced by President Trump

Cops interviewed in the film Tucker Carlson shed a spotlight on say they were taken completely out of context

But according to people who actually live in Sweden — and the cops who patrol the streets — Donald Trump is peddling in fake news.

Ami Horowitz, who interviewed two Swedish police officers as part of his film, “Stockholm Syndrome.” But the cops that Horowitz interviewed, Anders Göranzon and Jacob Ekström, say their comments were taken out of context.

“It was supposed to be about crime in high risk areas. Areas with high crime rates. There wasn’t any focus on migration or immigration,”

“We don’t stand behind it. It shocked us. He has edited the answers. We were answering completely different questions in the interview. This is bad journalism.”

The upset police officer also made it clear that he was appalled at journalist Ami Horowitz, whom he described as “a madman.”

There is no statistical evidence that immigration in Sweden has led to an increase in crime, the New York Times noted Monday.

One type of crime in Sweden that has undeniably ed, though, are Islamophobic hate crimes. They rose from 327 in 2013 to 558 in 2015.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/20/this...esident-trump/

Islamophobe Bannon's had nothing to say about Islamophobic hate crimes in Sweden, or Montreal.

Just another case of Trash telling a malicious lie that is taken a Bible truth by you ignorant Trash supporters.

I made sure to use liberal media outlets just for you.

Preliminary data released last month by Sweden’s crime prevention council found no significant increase in crimes from 2015 to 2016, even with the influx of migrants. The council did note an increase in assaults and rapes last year,

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/world/europe/trump-pursues-his-attack-on-sweden-with-scant-evidence.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&mtrref=t.co&referer=http://www.salon.com/2017/02/20/this-is-bad-journalism-swedish-cops-blast-fox-news-story-based-off-madman-filmmaker-referenced-by-president-trump/

Some are up, some are down, but the overall trend appears fairly flat despite the large rise in immigrants over this period. On the other hand, preliminary figures show that crime against persons was up 7 percent in 2016, including a 13 percent increase in reported rapes and a 14 percent increase in child abuse.

http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/02/we-should-practice-truth-statistics-even-when-it-hurts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As the Wall Street Journal first reported (and as I’ve independently confirmed through my own sources), the Trump transition team instead ordered CEA staffers to predict sustained economic growth of 3 to 3.5 percent. The staffers were then directed to backfill all the other numbers in their models to produce these growth rates.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...1a5_story.html

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    oh Oh OH its Magic!!!!!!!!!!

ya know

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry folks but fox n s is a pretty bad fake news show

Not as bad as everything MSNB. Roadcasts but close

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Sorry. But you are an idiot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a much more credible source on Trash's economic bull

Robert Reich: Why Trumponomics Will Fail Spectacularly

It's pure fantasy.

Start with Boeing’s Dreamliner itself. It’s not “made in the U.S.A..” It’s assembled in the United States.

But most of it parts come from overseas. Those foreign parts total almost a third of the cost of the entire plane.

For example:

The Italian firm Alenia Aeronautica makes the center fuselage and horizontal stabilizers.

The French firm Messier-Dowty makes the aircraft’s landing gears and doors.

The German firm Diehl Luftfahrt Elektronik supplies the main cabin lighting.

The Swedish firm Saab Aerostructures makes the cargo access doors.

The Japanese company Jamco makes parts for the lavatories, flight deck interiors and galleys.

The French firm Thales makes its electrical power conversion system.

Thales selected GS Yuasa, a Japanese firm, in 2005 to supply it with the system’s lithium-ion batteries.

The British company Rolls Royce makes many of the engines.

A Canadian firm makes the moveable trailing edge of the wings.

Notably, these companies don’t pay their workers low wages. In fact, when you add in the value of health and pension benefits – either directly from these companies to their workers, or in the form of public benefits to which the companies contribute – most of these foreign workers get a better deal than do Boeing’s workers. (The average wage for Boeing production and maintenance workers in South Carolina is $20.59 per hour, or $42,827 a year.) They also get more paid vacation days.

These nations also provide most young people with excellent educations and technical training. They continuously upgrade the skills of their workers. And they offer universally-available health care.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/robe...-spectacularly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Betsy's going to make sure we get the best and most profitable education money can buy. Don't you worry.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count

Here's a much more credible source on Trash's economic bull

Robert Reich: Why Trumponomics Will Fail Spectacularly

It's pure fantasy.

Start with Boeing’s Dreamliner itself. It’s not “made in the U.S.A..” It’s assembled in the United States.

But most of it parts come from overseas. Those foreign parts total almost a third of the cost of the entire plane.

For example:

The Italian firm Alenia Aeronautica makes the center fuselage and horizontal stabilizers.

The French firm Messier-Dowty makes the aircraft’s landing gears and doors.

The German firm Diehl Luftfahrt Elektronik supplies the main cabin lighting.

The Swedish firm Saab Aerostructures makes the cargo access doors.

The Japanese company Jamco makes parts for the lavatories, flight deck interiors and galleys.

The French firm Thales makes its electrical power conversion system.

Thales selected GS Yuasa, a Japanese firm, in 2005 to supply it with the system’s lithium-ion batteries.

The British company Rolls Royce makes many of the engines.

A Canadian firm makes the moveable trailing edge of the wings.

Notably, these companies don’t pay their workers low wages. In fact, when you add in the value of health and pension benefits – either directly from these companies to their workers, or in the form of public benefits to which the companies contribute – most of these foreign workers get a better deal than do Boeing’s workers. (The average wage for Boeing production and maintenance workers in South Carolina is $20.59 per hour, or $42,827 a year.) They also get more paid vacation days.

These nations also provide most young people with excellent educations and technical training. They continuously upgrade the skills of their workers. And they offer universally-available health care.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/robe...-spectacularly

That's one of the dumbest arguments I've ever read.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Barack Obama: Obama was forced to withdraw his choice for commerce secretary (former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson), his backup choice for commerce secretary (former Senator Judd Gregg), his pick for Health and Human Services (former South Dakota Senator Tom Daschle), and his nominee to be chairman of the National Intelligence Council (Charles Freeman). As WorldNet Daily reported, this chaos was "compounded by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner's admission of ‘tax goofs' involving his failure to pay $43,000 in federal self-employment taxes for four separate years (until, that is, he was tapped for his Obama post). At least five other Treasury staff picks withdrew before the Obama administration had reached the 100-day mark." And then, of course, there was ObamaCare, which resulted in the "s acking" that Obama suffered in the 2010 midterm election, in which the Democrats lost a half dozen Senate seats and 60 House seats.

The Takeaway: Donald Trump may be unique in many respects, but not when it comes to presidential chaos and confusion.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry. But you are an idiot.
    Trumper on Trumper violence tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he puts the jobs in that rust belt you won't stop the 2nd term. The rest of the country is tied up tighter than a nun's snootch on the Sabbath.
    Those jobs won't materialize.

Trump has no economists in his inner circle, and looks to be trying to put political pressure on the economics wonks that will be collecting the data.

You can't fake smaller paychecks though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's plan to declare victory on the economy

The alternative-fact alerts are blaring.

President Donald Trump is reportedly preparing forecasts for economic growth that considerably exceed those published by most mainstream economists. So what, you may say. It’s just a forecast. There’s no harm in being more optimistic than the rest.

But fudging the numbers can cause plenty of harm. Trump, as becomes more apparent every day, creates his own data when the facts don’t suit him. (See: greatest electoral victory since Reagan, widespread voter fraud, highest murder rate in 45 years, unreported terrorist attacks, etc.) And economic policy is highly dependent on the best possible understanding of what’s going on. Bogus economic data can be used to justify new policies that might appeal to Trump personally—and appease his populist supporters—while failing to address real economic problems and even damaging the economy.

Trump is preparing a budget that predicts the economy will grow by around 3.5% per year for the next several years, according to a Wall Street Journal report. Mainstream forecasters like the Congressional Budget Office, the Federal Reserve and private research outfits think that’s way too high, and expect growth closer to 2% per year...

But Trump’s economic proposals so far rely heavily on supply-side assumptions about tax cuts and infrastructure spending producing a big boost in growth. Such assumptions could justify a big increase in annual deficits and the national debt, since faster growth in the future would produce more income and therefore more tax revenue for the government. That’s not what happened during the last supply-side experiment, however. The big tax cuts signed by President George W. Bush in 2001 and 2003 failed to produce a notable boost in growth, and simply added to the national debt.

The danger is using selective or bogus forecasts to justify bad policy choices. “If it didn’t affect policy, there would be no harm,” says conservative economist Donald Boudreaux of George Mason University. “The harm comes through its potential affect on policy. It can make policy worse.”

Trump’s team is already looking into ways to restate trade deficits that would make them sound worse than they are, by counting foreign products that transit the United States on their way to some other country as imports but not exports. Economists say such products must be treated the same—either counted as imports and exports both, or not counted at all—to give an accurate picture of what’s happening. Counting them as imports but not exports would make the trade deficit larger, fueling calls for protective tariffs and other trade restrictions Trump favors. Many economists and business leaders say such protectionism would raise prices and hurt the economy.

Researchers are beginning to explore whether Trump could politicize economic data the federal government collects and disseminates, which is largely viewed as rigorous and untainted by political manipulation. “The Trump administration’s alarming tendency to dismiss objective facts as ‘fake news’ has led to claims that the president and his team could seek to politicize US statistics,” British research firm Capital Economics wrote in a recent note to clients. Such worries, the firm said, “are a little far-fetched, but no longer completely implausible.”

It’s obviously still early in Trump’s administration, and it may be premature to charge him with the intent to manipulate economic numbers. But Trump is not like other presidents. His contempt for data and science is unprecedented. He dismisses facts that are irrefutable. And he has made promises, such as 3.5% economic growth, that reality may not abide.

To that end, we may be seeing the outlines of a strategy for Trump to declare victory on the economy, regardless of what really happens. Trump could use forecasts in this year’s presidential budget to change the way growth is measured, setting a new baseline that could make it easier to hit the 3.5% number in subsequent years. When experts protest, he’ll call it “fake news,” and blame the media for lying about the real rate of growth.

One big catch is that ordinary people who support Trump now may not buy it if Trump says the economy is suddenly doing great–but they don’t see it reflected in their own lives. “You can fool people into thinking they’re worse off than they really are,” says Boudreaux. “It’s harder to fool people into thinking they’re better off than they really are.” Alternative facts can’t enlarge your paycheck, after all.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps...194250110.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Those jobs won't materialize.

Trump has no economists in his inner circle, and looks to be trying to put political pressure on the economics wonks that will be collecting the data.

You can't fake smaller paychecks though.
    If he doesn't put those jobs in there he does not deserve a 2nd termPERIOD

Thread Information