Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?

You're "it was an inquiry purely for knowledge" line is a new one. You led off initially with the diatribe about how you ask your questions and everyone just shuts up. How if there was proof you would like too see it and since there wasn't any. . . Now you come back and tell me not to whine? Over what? Your dissembling?

I really like this notion that I don't discuss issues, elections and the like. You think people are going to buy it?
    you're still going on and on about other posters. What was your last topical take?

I ask for information and most of the time these Trump s ruefully bail. If that's how Socrates worked, nothing got done with him. There is no enlightenment. There is nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're still going on and on about other posters. What was your last topical take?

I ask for information and most of the time these Trump s ruefully bail. If that's how Socrates worked, nothing got done with him. There is no enlightenment. There is nothing.
    I am discussing your use of questions in your argument. I have done nothing to characterize you nor have I done anything to try and disparage you outside of indicating amusement at your antics.

Along that line have you considered that while you are trying to boil this argument down to me talking about "people" which is really just you, all you are doing is trying to characterize me. Following it up with the political megalomania doubling down on your actual intent was a nice touch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vetting Webster's Dictionary for appropriateness is very woke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this indoctrination?

Does it count as grooming?

On her first day of high school, Andreya Thomas looked over her schedule and found that she was enrolled in a class with an unfamiliar name: J.R.O.T.C.

She and other freshmen at Pershing High School in Detroit soon learned that they had been placed into the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps, a program funded by the U.S. military designed to teach leadership skills, discipline and civic values — and open students’ eyes to the idea of a military career. In the class, students had to wear military uniforms and obey orders from an instructor who was often yelling, Ms. Thomas said, but when several of them pleaded to be allowed to drop the class, school administrators refused.

“They told us it was mandatory,” Ms. Thomas said.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/11/u...nrollment.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

seriously, I barely started responding to vy65 when he got all huffy and stomped off without responding, but not before reminding us that any reply would be futile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You talk about others and their motivations all the time, Mr. H. I spent much of the fall talking about how polling since the Trump election has been inaccurate. The election is over and most of what is going on here is the typical race baiting which you apparently delight in indulging.

I get that you l don't like to be examined but at the same time you talk about the intentions and character of other posters incessantly. If you get to do your vainglorious posturing via people not answering your inane questions then get some courage and deal with the feedback.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously, I barely started responding to vy65 when he got all huffy and stomped off without responding, but not before reminding us that any reply would be futile.

This is nothing new in tribal political discourse for decades and has only gotten worse over our lifetimes. Using the same approaches to conversation seems futile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know what is woke?

asking DPS for lists of people who switched genders.

why would the state of Texas need such a list?

Employees at the Texas Department of Public Safety in June received a sweeping request from Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office: to compile a list of individuals who had changed their gender on their Texas driver’s license and other department records during the past two years.

“Need total number of changes from male to female and female to male for the last 24 months, broken down by month,” the chief of the DPS’s driver license division emailed colleagues in the department on June 30, according to a copy of a message obtained by The Washington Post through a public records request. “We won’t need DL/ID numbers at first but may need to have them later if we are required to manually look up do ents.

After more than 16,000 such instances were identified, DPS officials determined that a manual search would be needed to determine the reason for the changes, DPS spokesman Travis Considine told The Post in response to questions.

“A verbal request was received,” he wrote in an email. “Ultimately, our team advised the AG’s office the data requested neither exists nor could be accurately produced. Thus, no data of any kind was provided.”

Asked who in Paxton’s office had requested the records, he replied: “I cannot say.”
    ​https://www.texastribune.org/2022/12...er-texas-data/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paxton’s office bypassed the normal channels — DPS’s government relations and general counsel’s offices — and went straight to the driver license division staff in making the request, according to a state employee familiar with it, who said the staff was told that Paxton’s office wanted “numbers” and later would want “a list” of names, as well as “the number of people who had had a legal sex change.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, no. You arrogantly thought you had a better grasp than numerous experts in the field. When I pointed to specifics, you pivoted into an irrelevant diatribe about how the logic of the argument was flawed without doing engaging in anything remotely resembling a good-faith response. We get it, you think America is racist. That doesn't make people who present you with facts that dispute that narrative wrong or a member of the alt-right. Proclaiming victory when all you've done is show your ass is exactly what Fuzzy is talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, no. You arrogantly thought you had a better grasp than numerous experts in the field. When I pointed to specifics, you pivoted into an irrelevant diatribe about how the logic of the argument was flawed without doing engaging in anything remotely resembling a good-faith response. We get it, you think America is racist. That doesn't make people who present you with facts that dispute that narrative wrong or a member of the alt-right. Proclaiming victory when all you've done is show your ass is exactly what Fuzzy is talking about.
    I don't recall proclaiming victory. If you're done with the topic and just want to talk about other posters, cool by me.

1619 Project isn't my hobby horse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another bomb threat on a school from anti-wokists, it won't be the last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We get it, you think America is racist.
    You think racism is dunzo and has no place in the curriculum?

Sounds like bad history to me.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You think racism is dunzo and has no place in the curriculum?

Sounds like bad history to me.
    Yawn racism. It's 2023 the average human being has far more important daily issues. Planet Earth has never been more united. You should widen your horizon and step away from this constant gloomy content.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn racism. It's 2023 the average human being has far more important daily issues. Planet Earth has never been more united. You should widen your horizon and step away from this constant gloomy content.
    Reality is that which, when you wish it gone -- and I do wish racism gone -- does not disappear.

Glad to hear racism doesn't affect you. Must be nice.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Reality is that which, when you wish it gone -- and I do -- does not disappear.
    Sometimes I see or read something that infuriates me and I want to act. Tell/text someone or post it. But I step away and do an activity even just a short one and that feeling has decreased.

I have a soccer buddy that is always digesting WW2/Nazi content. Sure I can stomach an hour of it or chat a bit but I don't want it to consume my day. It's negativity. There is a fine line between staying informed and letting it shape your mood & more importantly eventually personality.

Start a blog, write a book or join a focus group. What you're currently doing is just helpless torture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White guy claims racism isn't a thing.

Leave the heavy lifting to the real men, Pollyanna.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He'll be back to crying about being the real victim of racism before too long. Or somebody else will.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Racism is a thing, so is pollution, obesity, illiteracy, poverty, hunger, etc

We have never been more informed about what is occurring on every inch of the Planet. You going to allow the little negativity to run your life instead of focusing on the overwhelming progress & positivity? Majority of these people are physically and mentally off-putting because they don't work on themselves instead living vicariously thru the experiences and anecdotes of others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We have never been more informed about what is occurring on every inch of the Planet. You going to allow the little negativity to run your life instead of focusing on the overwhelming progress & positivity? Majority of these people are physically and mentally off-putting because they don't work on themselves instead living vicariously thru the experiences and anecdotes of others.
    Acknowledging the existence of "the little negativity" might be a first step toward eradicating it. Ignoring it can never be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a goodly portion of anti-wokism is making up to be mad at

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're the one fleeing the country because of your feelings.

Who's the snowflake?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Acknowledging the existence of "the little negativity" might be a first step toward eradicating it. Ignoring it can never be.
    Do you really believe there exists or will one day be a racism-less society/World? If that's your intention then we should return to the Pre 2010's, when we were educated to ignore our physical & cultural differences. This shift in the past 10 years is the wrong direction. Before USA was the golden standard of how to handle multiculturalism but now it's viewed as the most divisive. This shift I mentioned is why.

I have a very diverse social circle and it works because we can all clown on each other. But that's because we were raised and educated Pre 2010's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one fleeing the country.

You tell me who's the snowflake.
    Based Poland FTW!

Thread Information