Page 351 of 377 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 9419
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the way this game is made, literally every armor set scales up just fine for endgame, depending on whether you like its effects. even the first armor sets you are offered. at first you are basically offered a strength vs vitality set. if you level the strength set (vidars set or something) all the way up to level 9 it has the best strength stat in the game so you can still go off on people and annihilate bosses if you know what you're doing.

lunda's set is good, but personally the fist/shield combat is ass in this game. had its own full skill tree in the first game. it still poisons people pretty quickly so its a solid set regardless.

i ended up loving builds based on gaining permafrost/immolation, etc. i think that armor set was calling undying pyres or something. built those meters up very quickly. combined that with the grips/handles/pommels that were called "nine realms" which trigger a realm shift anytime you use the L1 + Triangle thing. had a ton of fun with that build until getting the super hard hitting armor from berserkers
    IDK so far I'm loving Lunda's set with shield and barehand for boss fights. Playing on Give Me No Mercy and am waxing every berserker that doesn't have a skull next to their name. So I guess, every berserker that's not 3+ levels above me, even the ones with purple health bars I'm beating soundly as long as they don't have the skull. Though get destroyed in any berserker fight where they do have the skulls next to their names, guess I gotta level up for them. The 40% damage bonus though is huge when I have a boss poisoned. Agree that shield attack is pretty ass for non boss fights though when you've got five or six enemies attacking you at once and don't have the time to pummel mother ers you just poisoned and you need to snipe hits. The axe or the spear are so much better then.

Also love that Spartan Rage can be remapped to Circle + Square now. was driving me insane when I'd trigger it accidentally with L3 + R3 all the time in the Sigrun fight in GOW2018.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Like A Dragon: Ishin! lately myself. Great stuff as always.

Can't wait for Wo Long tomorrow though.
    So is it any good or does it live up to its terrible Steam reviews? Doesn't look like it runs too bad in this bench, though I know PC Master Race hates 60 fps frame caps and games needing controllers.

https://gamegpu.com/rpg/%D1%80%D0%BE...y-test-gpu-cpu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When trying to look cool goes wrong. calfcuck
    Put your dress back on puto!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Valor is by far the worst imho except maybe very specific encounters.
    So were you talking about the Heimdall fight? That one was really cool, kind of wish I had been playing on Give Me God of War for that one since I was probably overleveled after taking out a bunch of bersekers. Speaking of berserkers, that one fight against Hvitserkr The Bold where he keeps summoning scrub enemies is cheap as . Only berserker fight I haven't enjoyed so far, that one really sucks and I'm just going to put it off until I'm massively overleveled for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So were you talking about the Heimdall fight? That one was really cool, kind of wish I had been playing on Give Me God of War for that one since I was probably overleveled after taking out a bunch of bersekers. Speaking of berserkers, that one fight against Hvitserkr The Bold where he keeps summoning scrub enemies is cheap as . Only berserker fight I haven't enjoyed so far, that one really sucks and I'm just going to put it off until I'm massively overleveled for it.
    heimdall and garm were the ones that came to mind as fights where rage wasnt really that good, so valor was useful

i dont remember berserkers by name, but i found most of the solo ones to be fairly easy. there are some gank ones (including the summoner) that were very frustrating. there's one in particular that i found to be much more challenging than even the berserker king

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one with three Berserkers was the hardest imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I tried that fight three times and then decided I'd save it for when I had better gear since all three have purple health bars for me right now. Though I ain't doing Hvitserkr until he has a green bar, him and his cheap summons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Starfield got delayed until September 6th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i basically just learned to flawless it for the most part. once i took out the main guy, i played it incredibly boring and safe. first 3 minutes should be instructive tho. best tip would be to not use the camera lock so you can keep all 3 in your view at all times. i also did this before i had the spear i think, so i didnt have all the equipment/weapons i'd want necessarily. chucking spears at them from a safe distance probably would have made it easier. could be misremembering how far along i was though, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i basically just learned to flawless it for the most part. once i took out the main guy, i played it incredibly boring and safe. first 3 minutes should be instructive tho. best tip would be to not use the camera lock so you can keep all 3 in your view at all times. i also did this before i had the spear i think, so i didnt have all the equipment/weapons i'd want necessarily. chucking spears at them from a safe distance probably would have made it easier. could be misremembering how far along i was though, tbh

I basically did the same thing, kill the main guy first. Every time I tried it in reverse I got smoked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I basically did the same thing, kill the main guy first. Every time I tried it in reverse I got smoked.
    yeah looking back i must have done this before the spear and definitely before fighting heimdall, since i didnt have the realm shift relic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo baseline bum I see what you were saying about Control. It's a fun game but I have a few problems with it. The checkpoints for one are atrocious. They really said we'll backtrack you half the ing way. Ugh

The difficulty scaling is also kind of a joke. For the most part I do fine until I have to fight a boss. The e in difficulty goes through the roof with the boss itself and the enemies thrown at you. Dead in 2 or 3 hits on top of having to keep up with a million things going on at once. I spent and hour and a half trying to figure out that fat boss Salvador. Whose great idea was it to make the whole room so red you can barely see yourself?

And how about the horrific map? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo baseline bum I see what you were saying about Control. It's a fun game but I have a few problems with it. The checkpoints for one are atrocious. They really said we'll backtrack you half the ing way. Ugh

The difficulty scaling is also kind of a joke. For the most part I do fine until I have to fight a boss. The e in difficulty goes through the roof with the boss itself and the enemies thrown at you. Dead in 2 or 3 hits on top of having to keep up with a million things going on at once. I spent and hour and a half trying to figure out that fat boss Salvador. Whose great idea was it to make the whole room so red you can barely see yourself?

And how about the horrific map? lol
    Haha I was about to complain about how useless the map is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death taxes and reck complaining games are too hard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death taxes and reck complaining games are too hard
    I wouldn’t be complaining if I was playing on easy would I, genius?

Forgive me for venting on a gaming thread O’ blessed one. Ignore functions works last time I checked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hvitserkr The Bold really is about the tiest boss fight I can remember in a game I have played the last few years. Throwing a bunch of scrubs around a boss to make up for them not giving it an interesting moveset is such lame design. The complete opposite of awesome difficult bossfights like Sigrun in the last game or Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne that still felt fair; every death to Hvitserkr just feels cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hvitserkr The Bold really is about the tiest boss fight I can remember in a game I have played the last few years. Throwing a bunch of scrubs around a boss to make up for them not giving it an interesting moveset is such lame design. The complete opposite of awesome difficult bossfights like Sigrun in the last game or Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne that still felt fair; every death to Hvitserkr just feels cheap.
    one thing that helps to know is that you get iframes if you do your blade/chain pull thing on the flying nightmares. as soon as he summons minions, switch to blades, find a nightmare, use the L2+R1 i think, and slam him into another enemy. then use rage to finish off the rest and turn rage back off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing that helps to know is that you get iframes if you do your blade/chain pull thing on the flying nightmares. as soon as he summons minions, switch to blades, find a nightmare, use the L2+R1 i think, and slam him into another enemy. then use rage to finish off the rest and turn rage back off
    I just ended up fighting him really conservatively and chipping away health with the blades. I didn't even bother with the trash mob since he keeps summoning new ones when you kill them. My method was

1. Charge the axe before starting the fight and do a running R2 attack into the spinning ice light runic attack, at which point he'd run away and call the trash mob
    2. Then do the heavy runic attack that makes a big circle of ice to get him while also stunning the trash mob
    3. Switch to blades and to the heavy runic attack that looks like you kind of clap the blades together and then send out widely to get another couple of hits while also stunning the trash mob a little
    4. Switch to the spear and when he charges me after I parry that yellow circle poison attack do the light runic attack where you charge him and keep jagging him with the spear. Saved the heavy runic attack where I send a big AOE of a bunch of spears from the sky for when I want to stun the trash mob for a second.
    5. Switch to blades and fight super defensively, saving the light runic attack where I jam both blades into him and do the spinning blade attack after for after parrying his poison attack after charging you.

By super defensively I mean
    1. Always keeping my shield up and every enemy in view
    2. Only attacking the berserker either when he charges me and I block the two attacks or I parry the poison attack and then snipe 2-3 hits if I don't have poison coming at me from the nightmare -or- when he rises up to do the five explosions on the ground attack I'll circle the arena and charge him to snipe 2-3 hits when he returns to the ground and then quickly circle around so I could see all the enemies again.

And saving the Spartan Rage for when I drop to half health to gain some health back and take 1/2 to 1 bars of his health.

There's no point to even bothering with parrying his poison throws since they just deflect into the trash mob that he replaces anyways if you do kill any of them.

Was ugly but escaped by the skin of my nuts after about 15 tries. First time the poison build was useless in a boss fight for me. Well, not counting those ice and fire springs, those I always use the axe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried not to worry about the berserkers till after post game. I gave each a few tried on the main campaign but if they were giving me a tough time I'd just move on. The armor sets you get near the end are OP so it became a matter of knowing which ones to use and stack them with enchantments.

Personally went with a lot of cooldown enchantments that made most bosses a joke. I forget which armor buffs realm shift but there is one that you can have that essentially helps you keep realm shift activated for a long time when used back to back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried not to worry about the berserkers till after post game. I gave each a few tried on the main campaign but if they were giving me a tough time I'd just move on. The armor sets you get near the end are OP so it became a matter of knowing which ones to use and stack them with enchantments.

Personally went with a lot of cooldown enchantments that made most bosses a joke. I forget which armor buffs realm shift but there is one that you can have that essentially helps you keep realm shift activated for a long time when used back to back.
    Nah the berserkers are my favorite part of the game, like the valkyries were in the previous game. I do them as soon as they're reasonably beatable. Eg for the one on ones I'd fight them as long as they didn't have skulls next to their names and took out a couple with purple health bars. For the 2 on 1 I waited until I leveled up enough they both had orange health bars. Might save the three on one until they're yellow though. The only berserker I didn't like was the one that calls all those enemies. Fought him with a yellow health bar so same level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah the berserkers are my favorite part of the game, like the valkyries were in the previous game. I do them as soon as they're reasonably beatable. Eg for the one on ones I'd fight them as long as they didn't have skulls next to their names and took out a couple with purple health bars. For the 2 on 1 I waited until I leveled up enough they both had orange health bars. Might save the three on one until they're yellow though. The only berserker I didn't like was the one that calls all those enemies. Fought him with a yellow health bar so same level.
    the 2 on 1 guys were pretty high leveled, but it was an easy fight since they almost never attacked you at the same time. usually you just duel one while the other deals with your companion. and then they swap like a wrestling tag team. i ended up beating them with red skull health bars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 2 on 1 guys were pretty high leveled, but it was an easy fight since they almost never attacked you at the same time. usually you just duel one while the other deals with your companion. and then they swap like a wrestling tag team. i ended up beating them with red skull health bars
    Ah blow me with your red skull bar two on ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah blow me with your red skull bar two on ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF you can resurrect?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs