Page 37 of 1674 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147871375371037 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    as of 2013, 47 percent of Americans own stock, with the wealthiest 10 percent owning 81 percent of all stock assets.
    All I want is my end, to scale as it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FTW, it's all about number one

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FTW, it's all about number one
    Yep. And it's there now for the taking, just like Trump promised. And daddy, I'm taking, both in' hands as long as it lasts.

You know what it is, don't you, hole? It's money from home.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you're like an Obama fanboy in 2009 -- you swallowed the promises hook, line and sinker.
    I think 2008 was one of the worst elections. Obama and war mongering McCain. Obama doubled our debt by throwing away money to other countries. I'm glad we now have a President that doesn't want to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we'll see what Trump does and doesn't do. it's early on, true believer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The president also referred to New START as a “one-sided deal,” which confirms that he still doesn’t understand what the treaty does and must be relying on briefings from hawkish treaty opponents. Improving relations with Russia won’t get very far if one of the first things Trump intends to do is renege on a major agreement with Russia.
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...uclear-babble/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think 2008 was one of the worst elections. Obama and war mongering McCain. Obama doubled our debt by throwing away money to other countries. I'm glad we now have a President that doesn't want to do that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as of 2013, 47 percent of Americans own stock, with the wealthiest 10 percent owning 81 percent of all stock assets.
    Gore just sold $23M of Apple stock, along with lots of insider selling thses past weeks. they know market at its peak now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse tells Salon “fewer than half” of GOP senators think Trump “makes it through his presidency”

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/22/watc...is-presidency/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're like an Obama fanboy in 2009 -- you swallowed the promises hook, line and sinker.
    And you are not even giving Trump a chance - it's only been a month and he has been on a tear/waiting for his cabinet members. They have had to prioritize the Obama's EOs because there's a time limit on that. What will you do if Trump does achieve those things mavsfan mentioned?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not required to give anyone a chance -- Obama hadn't been in office a day before Sen McConnell said job one for Republicans was making sure he was a one termer.

Can you explain how Trump can build a border wall, hire thousands of immigration agents, modernize the nuclear arsenal (while generally increasing military spending,) pass $500 billion in infrastructure spending, defeat ISIS, bring back jobs lost to automation and rationalisation, repeal Obamacare and replace it with something that covers everyone better and more cheaply -- while cutting taxes for everyone and not increasing the deficit or the debt?

If Trump can do all that, I'll salute him, but it doesn't pass the sniff test.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-25-2017 at 10:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you're asking for rmt is not that Trump be given a chance, but that others have faith in evident absurdity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, it's totally legit to dislike what Trump has already done. His EOs on immigration alone have already led to arbitrary and cruel treatment of US citizens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
     One finds little confidence and less tolerance among Americans now. One finds instead, a president who has more bad ideas than you’ve had hot dinners—a man with an antidemocratic streak that appears to result from his failure to understand the principles of democratic government. There is only one thing worse than this president. I refer to the liberal reaction to his election. It had been bad but short of dangerous for some time after the night of last November 8. As of last week, I count it a disgrace: It is full of danger now.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...p-white-house/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
     I know it is a long time ago, but cast your mind back to those autumn days when mainstream Democrats considered “President Hillary Clinton” a shoo-in. There was going to be a big problem come November 8, they direly warned: All the Trumpets and Trumpettes will not accept the result. They will refuse Clinton her legitimacy. They will deny and resist and rampage. They will be in the streets. They will put our great republic’s political process, our very glory, at risk. Striking it has been to watch liberals as they commit these very sins. One opinion-page inhabitant predicted “a perpetual fever swamp” after Clinton took the White House. Are we not sloshing through one now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
     It is one thing to tar Donald Trump with a groundless campaign, Nixon-style, so as to insinuate without evidence that he entertains objectionable ties to Russia. That is mere politics. (And I like Reince Priebus’s term for this last Sunday on Fox News. Citing top officials in the IC, which stands for intelligence cabal, Priebus asserted, “They have made it very clear that the story is complete garbage.”)

It is another matter altogether when the descendants of Dulles (whom Priebus suggests are not united on this one) mount what looks awfully like a coup operation against the president of our republic. That is a strong phrase, but it belongs on the table far more than the “complete garbage” you can read in any day’s edition of The New York Times. There I will put it for now, awaiting a historically informed argument for taking it off.

Leaks have the wonderful advantage of requiring no substantiation. With Michael Flynn’s resignation as Trump’s national-security adviser, they have already claimed one prominent victim. Who or what is next? Priebus? Trump himself? Or maybe just crippling the Trump White House’s determination to forge a saner relationship with Moscow will do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's obsession with Pootin stinks, is not innocent good will, not simply "saner"relationship

Pootin took Crimea, invaded, occupied Ukraine, ed the US Pres election, murdered opposition

why the be unquestionably pro-Russian??

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trash's obsession with Pootin stinks, is not innocent good will, not simply "saner"relationship

Pootin took Crimea, invaded, occupied Ukraine, ed the US Pres election, murdered opposition

...Opportunity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, WH, I didn't read your article - just your selected quotes and it seems like the Dems themselves will be responsible for more of Trump/repubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they already are responsible. the Dems are on a historic losing streak. they just lost to the most unpopular candidate ever.

it's not any mystery why: they sold out their cons uents for political money and connections to technocratic power.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Nuclear Holocaust ring a bell? I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp. They were ready for WW3 if Hillary won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    false dilemma. the only two choices aren't WWIII or being pro-Russia.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they already are responsible. the Dems are on a historic losing streak. they just lost to the most unpopular candidate ever.

it's not any mystery why: they sold out their cons uents for political money and connections to technocratic power.
    But still, you prefer Hillary over Trump? I don't think Trump's in it for the money - for the ego, paying back Obama and those who insulted him but not the money (his brand has taken a big hit).

To answer your question from the other thread, I'm not for Trump's personal tax cuts (only the corporate and repatriation), building of the wall (prefer e-verify and stiff fines for employers who violate) or this full scale building up of the military. I prefer him to work down the debt and make SS and Medicare financially sustainable (raise the age significantly). As far as jobs, I think there needs to be a major re-training of the entire workforce for the upcoming technology starting with (strong initiatives at) K-12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But still, you prefer Hillary over Trump?
    Not sure why you assume that.

I don't like HRC whatsoever and didn't vote for her. I wasn't comfortable with the consequences of electing either her or DJT.

Thread Information