Page 38 of 120 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw was more important in the most important rounds of the playoffs vs the better teams. Too much credit is going to Splitter for stopping Dirk imo. Dirk has regressed and that task isn't as difficult as it previously was. While stopping Aldridge was impressive the Blazers as a whole are not as big of a threat as the teams Diaw performed against.

I would prefer Splitter being out for the playoffs over Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw was more important in the most important rounds of the playoffs vs the better teams. Too much credit is going to Splitter for stopping Dirk imo. Dirk has regressed and that task isn't as difficult as it previously was. While stopping Aldridge was impressive the Blazers as a whole are not as big of a threat as the teams Diaw performed against.

I would prefer Splitter being out for the playoffs over Diaw.
    OKC and Miami are probably about the only playoff teams where diaw is more important. If we had faced Clippers(we could have if LAC/OKC was fair) without Splitter we would have been dead in the water.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, its Diaw vs Splitter now?

How many more mental asylum inmates have joined this forum now?

Idiots.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC and Miami are probably about the only playoff teams where diaw is more important. If we had faced Clippers(we could have if LAC/OKC was fair) without Splitter we would have been dead in the water.
    No, Diaw can do well enough on Blake for us to beat the Clippers. They also have a sf that shot 31.7% from three(playoffs) so Kawhi could help other on defense when needed. They also have a center that shot 43% on fts in the playoffs. Why would we be "dead in the water" against that? Not to mention the non-aggressive star they have in CP3.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was damn good pick by the Clippers. Blake has really improved his outside shot and with Hawes the paint should be wide open for Cp3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread got lively! The key is we need Splitter and Diaw depending on the matchup to field a truly complete lineup. The only time I noticed Diaw playing "bad" on defense was against LeBron but I think we all liked what we saw from Splitter the first couple rounds. No way do we want Duncan chasing those perimeter bigs and that kept Diaw fresh the last couple rounds.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would regress significantly without either of Boris or Tiago.. they are both so unique in their own way that its almost impossible to separate them.

I think Boris deserves a 3-$22-24M deal.. and would be surprised if he settles for less.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris would regress way more though. If you can name a team who will offer him the same, sure.

But surely he'd take any comparable offer from us before anyone else, and I don't see anyone else going upwards of $20m/3years

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KSAT-TV reported he wanted 18 to 20mil for 2 years.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I don't see who else would pay that, and in that case why we should offer that.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Diaw's asking for $7-$10M...$7M seems fair but a higher price personally puts me in a quandary. McRoberts can be had for the MLE, or at least, intuitively. Bird rights enable the FO to sign Diaw at that high a price. Probably worth every penny, but he's making as much as Manu if that were to be the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just noticed the Heat still have viable options out there: Monroe, I. Thomas, Gasol, Stephenson, Turner, Ariza (shows up on contract years only), Nelson, Stuckey, Frye, Diaw, and Marvin Williams. They can also get bargains in Aminu, Barbosa, Udoh, Jason Smith, Brandon Rush, and the rest the Insider article listed as well.

If Baynes walks, I'm hoping Ayon takes his spot. Spurs were interested in him last year and he didn't get much of a chance in Atlanta,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw AND McRoberts anyone?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be nice, or Frye.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be nice, or Frye.
    Mcroberts over frye.... we already have tall, rail thin players who cant rebound or defend - Daye-Anderson-Bonner

Get McRoberts. Hustle-machine. Better shooter, younger, smarter. Role player for longer

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Diaw gets 3 years, he'll be 35 by the end of the contract and probably not in line for another large contract. He might then be willing to take a decreasing deal, right? If it's only 2 years it will hardly matter though.

A 3-year $24M contract with maximum decreases would be $8,648,649/$8,000,000/$7,351,351.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Josh McRoberts actually decent now?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's okay. Better than Frye, had a good playoff run, which will make him seem like he's better than he is. He's smart though, and younger than Frye, which is why I would prefer over the 2. He's not the first option, for me though.

I think right now, I would rather have Parsons, than anyone that MAY be available to us. Not saying he IS available to us, but rather him than Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never hurts to read: http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...rom-spurs.html
    You can personally compare stats via basketball-reference.com or read what raybies wrote, your work's cut out for you: http://spurshomer.blogspot.com/2014/...ee-agency.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take McRoberts, but not at the expense of cap space next year which I think is a high priority, as the Front Office apparently do too with most of our contracts due to expire next year and Splitters decreasing deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Diaw gets 3 years, he'll be 35 by the end of the contract and probably not in line for another large contract. He might then be willing to take a decreasing deal, right? If it's only 2 years it will hardly matter though.

A 3-year $24M contract with maximum decreases would be $8,648,649/$8,000,000/$7,351,351.
    I'd honestly rather give Diaw a 1 year, $12m contract than anything that costs more than MLE money for next summer.

Again I come back to the fact that no other contender can offer him more than the MLE, so paying significantly more than that for him is expensive. Considering we could likely bring in McRoberts, who can do 90% of what Diaw can do, below MLE money, I'm very wary of overpaying Boris.

I guess it comes down to what the front office see as more valuable, bringing back the same core to make another run or chasing a free agent next summer and giving us a chance of being a contender past the Duncan era. It's more likely the former but I'm not sure that's the best option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again I come back to the fact that no other contender can offer him more than the MLE, so paying significantly more than that for him is expensive. Considering we could likely bring in McRoberts, who can do 90% of what Diaw can do, below MLE money, I'm very wary of overpaying Boris.
    Hawks and Heat can still snatch him up for more than the MLE. Non-contenders such as the Suns and Lakers can make substantial offers more than the MLE as well. In theory, at least.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That was damn good pick by the Clippers. Blake has really improved his outside shot and with Hawes the paint should be wide open for Cp3.
    Their passing skills will be even more important than their shooting, tbh.... get rid of Crawford and the ball movement should be fun to watch....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Holt is not as cheap as all you guys here

10 mil a high price for Diaw Splitter's getting paid the same and you could argue Diaw did more for us than Splits.

Thread Information