Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Otherwise, if they're just doing this to protect their assets, this is a rare move by the Spurs.
    That's the equivalent of a successful businessman "shrewd"...it's part of the business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. As a foreign national whose experienced his national team players being blocked from playing in international compe ion by the clubs that own their rights, I know how difficult this news must be for Boban.

From what I gather, they've already expressed enthusiasm about Boban playing in Eurobasket. If they've changed their minds and have suddenly decided to hold him out, they must have a good reason. Otherwise, if they're just doing this to protect their assets, this is a rare move by the Spurs.
    Several famous big guys have had their careers derailed due to foot problems so I can see the concern.
    Without all the facts- it's just conjecture. I can come up with various scenarios- but without the facts- who knows?
    I think the Spurs are getting a bit more conservative as far as allowing national team participation. You can read a lot into that- but once again who knows. Are they being conservative because they are counting on Boban to contribute next year? Did they get a report on the initial fracture and become worried?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People, the Spurs CANNOT stop a player from playing NT ball UNLESS THERE IS A VERIFIABLE INJURY, they can only ask them not to, as they have Manu (not last year, he was injured) and Tony on occasion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, Boban done tests (MRI) with Serbian medical team last week and if we can trust Djordjevic (Serbian NT head coach), he is 100% health now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, Boban done tests (MRI) with Serbian medical team last week and if we can trust Djordjevic (Serbian NT head coach), he is 100% health now.
    Sorry, I'm really not trusting a group of people with a direct vested interest in having Boban play for their team over the Spurs staff who have NEVER stopped a healthy player from playing NT ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no such thing as a perfectly healthy 7'4" guy. I love the idea of Boban, but I was banging on pots and pans about health issues before this foot injury news arose, would have written into contract void if I see him wearing flip flops like in that hospital pic, etc. He should have custom shoes on any time he's walking. Not chonclas.

He's an interesting player, but there is no such thing as too cautious with these types of tall guys. He's already visibly expressing genetic abnormalities (ears, etc), you are walking on thin ice that there aren't heart issues, etc. A broken foot is a big deal in a regular sized basketball player. It's a big ing air raid siren in a Boban. Wish him all the luck though. Seems like a great guy, and intriguing prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I'm really not trusting a group of people with a direct vested interest in having Boban play for their team over the Spurs staff who have NEVER stopped a healthy player from playing NT ball.

As i say earlier, now it's not problem that injury than some stupid statement of one official of Boban's ex team. That guy said that Boban played with final of Serbian league PO with broken foot (that's probably not true) and when Spurs heard that then they call him back on extra tests (although he already passed successfully their tests in Milano a few weeks ago).So, problem now is that statement, not injury.

@littlecoyotecoin,

When i said 100% healthy i mean that he's
    fully healed that injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just a team that has made a investment being overly cautious, which is their right. And even if the injury healed, maybe they're trying to determine if it healed properly...what the risk of re-injury might be. It might help them determine how to deal with him in the training room and on the court. I don't see why this is an issue tbqh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As i say earlier, now it's not problem that injury than some stupid statement of one official of Boban's ex team. That guy said that Boban played with final of Serbian league PO with broken foot (that's probably not true) and when Spurs heard that then they call him back on extra tests (although he already passed successfully their tests in Milano a few weeks ago).So, problem now is that statement, not injury.

@littlecoyotecoin,

A 7'4" guy that starts having foot bone fractures is unfortunately more likely a guy waiting for the next recurrence of a foot bone fracture, rather than a guy that had a foot bone fracture that was a freak occurrence, never to experience one again because he is now "healed". It's called predisposition. Had he NEVER had broken his foot, I would still worry for him. Now, he's a guy with pre-existing conditions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 7'4" guy that starts having foot bone fractures is unfortunately more likely a guy waiting for the next recurrence of a foot bone fracture, rather than a guy that had a foot bone fracture that was a freak occurrence, never to experience one again because he is now "healed". It's called predisposition. Had he NEVER had broken his foot, I would still worry for him. Now, he's a guy with pre-existing conditions.
    Yep, it's obviously nothing definitive, but it's a cause for concern. Look at Yao...he was a phenom until the first time he broke his foot, and it was all downhill from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, passing a physical to sign a contract is not the same thing as passing a physical to be considered healthy enough to play. Pretty sure Wes Matthews passed a physical with Dallas, but he wouldn't be suiting up right now even if they were in playoff games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban's broken foot bone echos Yao Ming's career-ending broken foot bones.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban's broken foot bone echos Yao Ming's career-ending broken foot bones.
    Isn't Embiid going to miss two seasons in a row because of a foot injury.

What about Oden, what was his injury that derailed his career?

What about that other Anderson draft pick.... james... he had a broken foot... never was the same afterward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did we actually confirm he broke his foot? Serious question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did we actually confirm he broke his foot? Serious question.
    Good question. If he did have a broken foot, did the Spurs even know about it?

@littlecoyotecoin,

This is getting a little weird. If he did have a broken foot, it seems like the Spurs might not have known about it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll know soon enough. Just wait. No need to jump to conclusions.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll know soon enough. Just wait. No need to jump to conclusions.
    Did someone jump to a conclusion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did someone jump to a conclusion?
    Yes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed it. Who? What? Are we cutting him based upon this report out of Serbia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a shame.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in the future, there will be more information, rather than less, some pedant told me. Some savant, there. No shame at all to have missed some mysterious conclusion someone assumed someone jumped to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in the future, there will be more information, rather than less, some pedant told me. Some savant, there. No shame at all to have missed some mysterious conclusion someone assumed someone jumped to.
    There's no mystery.

Your defensiveness is duly noted though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ChumpDumper;8146516]There's no mystery.

Saying the guy that jumped in to defend Us from ourselves. There was no crime officer. Move along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying the guy that jumped in to defend Us from ourselves. There was no crime officer. Move along.
    I'm not defending you from anything. Anyone is free to jump to whatever conclusion one wants.

lol "move along"

What a little .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not defending you from anything. Anyone is free to jump to whatever conclusion one wants.

lol "move along"

What a little .
    Hypotheticals anyone except you seem to be able to understand are based upon the condition of the sparse reports being true. We all know that if p isn't true, none of the speculation that follows need be relevant. Poking your head in and saying a p might not be true, we will know in the future...you don't need to jump to conclusions?

Lighten up Francis. Talk about being a little .

Thread Information