Page 395 of 439 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 10958
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meh, he just sucks. Always has sucked.
    Precisely. He's a , a piss pot who hurts Americans because he can.

Tragically he'll be re-elected which will commence a fresh domino fall that will culminate in early '25; he will resign making Harris President, and Hillary as VP. I'll do the Dutch, I'll be taken off Ignore Lists from coast-to-coast. The children will drag me out the next Friday crack-a-dawn, place me in the ground garbage can, crunch me so they can get the lid down, they'll all 3 step on and press down on the lid as their mother takes a cell phone picture to show to the insurance company.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just cuz!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the do you know? You're voting for Trump a third time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's COVID policy is dog .

Trump railed against it and spewed disinformation, but at least he greased the skids for a vaccine.

Biden more or less minimizes and ignores it. Gonna bite him and us on the ass.

Gentler, kinder democide will be his legacy.

While too many people who should know better are downplaying the ongoing public health risk from Covid, others are trying to signal the peril of our current moment. The New York Times recently reported on new estimates from researchers that Covid might lead to at least 45,000 deaths between September and April—and that’s the best-case scenario. “Based on these projections, Covid is likely to remain in the leading causes of death in the United States for the foreseeable future,” Justin Lessler, an epidemiologist at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, told the Times. So Covid is still a leading cause of death, yet some of the most powerful medical figures in the country are telling us to ignore it. Shouldn’t that disconnect be a bigger deal?

Jha and Biden’s other defenders will call this realpolitik: What’s doable right now is to do little, and people like me are naïve dreamers. I think that’s a cop-out, particularly from people who took an oath to do no harm. I know about navigating political constraints—this is not my first time at the rodeo after more than 30 years of living with the AIDS epidemic—but I won’t make post hoc rationalizations for our failure to do more to prevent the continuing spread of another deadly virus.

In his 1992 book The Culture of Contentment, a series of essays that ring very true today, the late economist John Kenneth Galbraith wrote that “individuals and communities that are favored in their economic, social and political condition attribute social virtue and political durability to that which they themselves enjoy. That attribution, in turn, is made to apply even in the face of commanding evidence to the contrary.”

This is the exact problem we face now: a favored class that sees its own comfort as a sign that everything’s fine. As a result, the members of the Church of the Contented Establishment—from the White House to Jha and his Brown colleague Emily Oster, to David Leonhardt at The New York Times and Leana Wen at The Washington Post, to even infectious-disease doctors like Monica Gandhi at the University of California San Francisco—are pushing a narrative about Covid and our public health that, thanks to its influence within elite circles, is more subtly corrupting and poisonous than anything that outright Covid denialists like Ron DeSantis have come up with.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/society/covid-surge-response-ignored/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID was the fourth leading cause of death in the US last year (186,702 deaths) , behind heart disease (699,659 deaths), cancer (607,790), and unintentional injury (218,064). Surely undercounted now that testing is so desultory and access to healthcare remains so ty.

Minimize away.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/72/wr/mm7218a3.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a down year, COVID was ~3x worse than a really bad flu year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You democrats still believe it came from a bat?,,,,,,lmao. I remember you democrats and the media laughing when Trump said it came from a Wuhan lab,,,,now look at ya,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You democrats still believe it came from a bat?,,,,,,lmao. I remember you democrats and the media laughing when Trump said it came from a Wuhan lab,,,,now look at ya,,,,
    China triggered you.

You gonna kill China now?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China triggered you.

You gonna kill China now?
    whats that, batboy?,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats that, batboy?,,,,
    What are you going to do about China since you decided China is responsible for all these deaths you've been trying to downplay for years?

You gonna shoot China?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you going to do about China since you decided China is responsible for all these deaths you've been trying to downplay for years?

You gonna shoot China?
    Why would I do anything about it?,,,this is between you and your fellow commie friends in China. No skin off my back,,,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You gonna shoot China?
    He will do , just like Yam s did nothing. Oh wait, Yam s did say “Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus” and later tweeted “Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter where it came from, governments everywhere are responsible to manage the public health response. Biden isn't so great on this count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would I do anything about it?,,,this is between you and your fellow commie friends in China. No skin off my back,,,,,,
    Oh, so it doesn't matter to you at all now?

Why did it trigger you then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so it doesn't matter to you at all now?

Why did it trigger you then?
    Of course he is triggered, damn Yam s praised Xi at least 15 times and did squat to China on covid.

15 times Trump praised China as coronavirus was spreading across the globe
    https://www.politico.com/trump-did-squat-to-china

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID has an an advantage in deadliness, it es 3-4 times a year and mutates very rapidly. Because COVID isn't seasonal, Biden's once a year booster regime is mismatched to the burden of disease.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-03-2023 at 01:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohio so thirsty for Biden Bucks

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    COVID has an an advantage in deadliness, it es 3-4 times a year and mutates very rapidly. Because COVID isn't seasonal, Biden's once a year booster regime is mismatched to the burden of disease.
    & his sworn vow..."I'll shut it down." was a murderous disaster in & of itself killing over 3/4 of a million Americans, Winester, & counting, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope it takes all you weak s out!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & his sworn vow..."I'll shut it down." was a murderous disaster in & of itself killing over 3/4 of a million Americans, Winester, & counting, son.
    GD right

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol, community notes

Thread Information