Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the plus side, this might drive Pop crazy enough to finally retire and name a successor. So maybe there's an upside.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lebron did come here I'd ing LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the navel gazing posts about how Lebron has to wear #37 or some because Zach has #23 and it would be disrespectful to Avery Johnson if he wore #6.
    Give LeBron #2. Two birds, one stone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like to ask the great Timmy Dunkar what he thinks about the prospect of Lebron joining the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lebron did come here I'd ing LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the navel gazing posts about how Lebron has to wear #37 or some because Zach has #23 and it would be disrespectful to Avery Johnson if he wore #6.

But I think it would just be LMA2.0 with Bruce's #12. Or they would mak Zach switch to another number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao the idea that wasting a 2nd round pick on Bronny is a bridge too far in order to get Lebron is laughable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade and Bosh still fit enough you think? Let's rename the team The Crips. Cripples I mean, not gang related.

Anyway no I do not want LeFlop here.

Seriously though how long do you think he'll play for? Til he's 42? 45? He's still fit and strong enough it depends if he would want to play and not be a high minute alpha number 1 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao the idea that wasting a 2nd round pick on Bronny is a bridge too far in order to get Lebron is laughable.
    But if we waste a 2nd rounder on Bronny, how will we trade it for 2 other 2nds that we'll never use!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bronny won’t be available in the 2nd round. A contending team will draft him just to get his dad for a year or 2. That’s where it would really make sense to waste a pick. Spurs would likely need to get another pick in the 15-20 range to get him.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron's PER numbers aren't bad this season... but he's at a point where the wheels will just fall off, like they did for Duncan. He won't be much help to Wemby's Spurs next season even if he has flashes of brilliance here and there.

For the VET minimum however, can't hurt.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron's PER numbers aren't bad this season... but he's at a point where the wheels will just fall off, like they did for Duncan. He won't be much help to Wemby's Spurs next season even if he has flashes of brilliance here and there.

For the VET minimum however, can't hurt.
    His PER is 13th in the NBA "not bad"

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah if LeBron takes minutes away from Champagnie, he might not reach his serviceable bench player potential by year 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sarcasm meter shot off...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His PER is 13th in the NBA "not bad"
    Just pointing out that Duncan's PER was Top 15 (at 22.6 PER) the season prior to his last one (PER 16.9). Like I said, though, for the Veteran's Minimum LeBron would be a steal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LeBron did come here for some type of heoric send off, teaching Wemby about being a champion, playing for pop yada yada yada. Are we as a fan base, ready for that media circus, last match in every city. surrounding the Spurs? Youth players not getting a run because of a rare chance of a long playoff run, with almost no bench to actually achieve that run?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LeBron did come here for some type of heoric send off, teaching Wemby about being a champion, playing for pop yada yada yada. Are we as a fan base, ready for that media circus, last match in every city. surrounding the Spurs? Youth players not getting a run because of a rare chance of a long playoff run, with almost no bench to actually achieve that run?
    This is actually a very insightful dynamic... adding to your question, would the media circus actually do more damage than good to Victor's development?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just pointing out that Duncan's PER was Top 15 (at 22.6 PER) the season prior to his last one (PER 16.9). Like I said, though, for the Veteran's Minimum LeBron would be a steal.
    Prob would have stayed 20+ had he not hurt his good knee his final year too. Tough enough to drag one bad leg up and down the floor but two is practically impossible. Can't believe even Tim could put up a 17 PER at 39 on zero good knees.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take the media circus in a second for a le shot. With how stacked the west is right now and with crazy young talent in Denver, OKC, Minnesota, Dallas, and here the conference is going to be a bloodbath through 2030. And that's not even factoring in the Clippers who should remain le contenders another 2-3 years. Honestly hoping the NBA will get off their asses and admit Las Vegas and Seattle into the league so the Spurs can move to the East like in the early post-merger years. Though doubt Silver would be very happy with OKC-San Antonio or Minnesota-San Antonio NBA Finals in 3-4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the plus side, this might drive Pop crazy enough to finally retire and name a successor. So maybe there's an upside.
    Path to Championship ball would be opened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t wait to have Lebron lead the spurs to 17 wins in his final season, ending with a 60 point mic drop game. The king out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good Lord, you thought of the only scenario where I'd welcome Kawhi back if given a choice. DO NOT WANT LEBRON or his offspring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take the media circus in a second for a le shot. With how stacked the west is right now and with crazy young talent in Denver, OKC, Minnesota, Dallas, and here the conference is going to be a bloodbath through 2030. And that's not even factoring in the Clippers who should remain le contenders another 2-3 years. Honestly hoping the NBA will get off their asses and admit Las Vegas and Seattle into the league so the Spurs can move to the East like in the early post-merger years. Though doubt Silver would be very happy with OKC-San Antonio or Minnesota-San Antonio NBA Finals in 3-4 years.

I'm pretty confident that we wouldn't have a shot. If the Spurs got Chris Paul as his last hurrah, okay maybe. But the Spurs would struggle to get 8 reliable playoff rotational players, let alone depth to get through the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is willing to mentor PG Sochan I'm ok with it.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think ecstatic is not watching any nba game other than Spurs, LeBron is easy top 15 in the league at 39 y/o. One says we need vet but would not take the best vet ever lebron and Victor playing together a couple of seasons would be absolutely amazing for the franchise
    Top 15? Nah. Starter who should get less playing time due to age so that he consistently efforts on defense? Yeah.Most of the guys at the SF and PF spots who don't have a name yet are giving him a cushion like it's an all star game because they don't want to foul out in the second quarter. At least that's been my experience half watching 3 or 4 laker games in the background this year and some highlights. I don't think he's washed, but I see a guy who has it easy between laker refs, his own rep and only really playing defense on 10-15 possessions most games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 15? Nah. Starter who should get less playing time due to age so that he consistently efforts on defense? Yeah.Most of the guys at the SF and PF spots who don't have a name yet are giving him a cushion like it's an all star game because they don't want to foul out in the second quarter. At least that's been my experience half watching 3 or 4 laker games in the background this year and some highlights. I don't think he's washed, but I see a guy who has it easy between laker refs, his own rep and only really playing defense on 10-15 possessions most games.
    smh... he is at 25 ppg 7 apg 7 rpg just on par with career average on a higher efficiency when playing a bit less you are telling this is not good enough for top 15 ?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron probably just saying that to get people to draft his son. He's not leaving LA in my opinion.

Thread Information