Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a down year, he was still worth 23 wins, which means take him off and they are a lottery team.
    http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinge...s/_/sort/VORPe
    You were 1 game better than the Jazz. Thank GOD you have James Harden.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LOL Blake isn't going to make any team better.
    What a deplorable comment. Yuck DMC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are on crack with your Harden > Kawhi tbh... for the rest you are right

Spurs fans like to blame Parker for almost everything that went south in a PO serie or in general on earth (Starvation in Africa is surely Parker's fault)... truth is very often they throw the ball to Parker or Manu to a lesser extend nowadays to solve the problem... then spurs fans complain about his selfishness, few complain about younger guys that don't take responsability. If Kawhi wants the ball he just needs to tell Parker gtfoh and if Parker don't "obey" Pop will kick his ass like it already happened.
    Though you troll a whole lot you have a good point on Tony being the scapegoat for everything in the SL. We could start by Pop and what the heck strategies he putting out there and then talk about Kawhi demanding the balk to make plays when he needs to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are on crack with your Harden > Kawhi tbh... for the rest you are right

Spurs fans like to blame Parker for almost everything that went south in a PO serie or in general on earth (Starvation in Africa is surely Parker's fault)... truth is very often they throw the ball to Parker or Manu to a lesser extend nowadays to solve the problem... then spurs fans complain about his selfishness, few complain about younger guys that don't take responsability. If Kawhi wants the ball he just needs to tell Parker gtfoh and if Parker don't "obey" Pop will kick his ass like it already happened.
    When I used to say that about Manu, all I heard was "excuses", tbh...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Daaaamn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not from me and you know that pretty well

I fully agree with you... too many times players would just give the ball to Manu and let him do his stuff with all opponent defensive pressure who knew very well he will try to solve the issue by himself because nobody else want to (that includes Parker in his younger age tbh)... Because Manu is amazing player it would work more often than not but often it would result in silly shots and TOs with bunch of noobs blaming him for the team overall failure...

Same happens, happened and will happen again with Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not from me and you know that pretty well

I fully agree with you... too many times players would just give the ball to Manu and let him do his stuff with all opponent defensive pressure who knew very well he will try to solve the issue by himself because nobody else want to (that includes Parker in his younger age tbh)... Because Manu is amazing player it would work more often than not but often it would result in silly shots and TOs with bunch of noobs blaming him for the team overall failure...

Same happens, happened and will happen again with Parker
    Now we have fathead to save the day though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu hogs the ball. That's Pop's fault, though. He tailored the bench to play around Manu, which was great 10 years ago but hurt them recently. Now with a couple of options for guys who should be able to get their own shots, hopefully Manu touches the ball less. We'll see if everyone can strike a balance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we have fathead to save the day though...

tbh...

still don't get all the love he gets from a lot of ST posters

new manu
    Diaw's pupil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh...

still don't get all the love he gets from a lot of ST posters

new manu
    Diaw's pupil
    Still >Kevin Martin though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still >Kevin Martin though.
    not really no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. That's why K-Mart is at the breadline while Anderson has a guaranteed rotation spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. That's why K-Mart is at the breadline while Anderson has a guaranteed rotation spot.
    sure....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu hogs the ball. That's Pop's fault, though. He tailored the bench to play around Manu, which was great 10 years ago but hurt them recently. Now with a couple of options for guys who should be able to get their own shots, hopefully Manu touches the ball less. We'll see if everyone can strike a balance.
    Completely agree. Frankly wouldn't bother me if they threw the ball to him in an act of desperation every once in a while in those playoffs bc these two senior trolls (don't know if they are senior or not but they are both subscribed to the fandom memberships of strict AARP basketball) are ignoring the big amount of possessions that Kyle saved through the season at the end of shot clocks. It was such a large noticeable amount of contested difficult desperation shots he made that #ceperez a fan of weird takes but not a troll in this level was stating that was the only time the dude could make a shot. It wasn't that. That was the only time he had the green light to take a contested shot and force the issue.

So, the day I am complaining that Kyle is deferring is the day frankly he's at least being given a chance. So far it was get here in a corner and watch as some veterans and some lazy guys (Diaw) have an all out implosion before your very eyes and sink this team. (Havink Kyle watch Pop's theatre of the Insane live and in full color in the playoffs is what I called it bc that's what that bench looked like)

Just flat out trolling these two.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-15-2016 at 02:01 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol at midnightpulp hyping this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great as recently as 2 years ago, tbh... but I agree the Spurs shouldn't expect 39 year old Manu to be their best bench player...

Unfortunately, I don't see talent there to run ISO ball like some of the starters. I suspect the bench is going to continue to be more of a team effort than an individual effort... but we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great as recently as 2 years ago, tbh... but I agree the Spurs shouldn't expect 39 year old Manu to be their best bench player...

Unfortunately, I don't see talent there to run ISO ball like some of the starters. I suspect the bench is going to continue to be more of a team effort than an individual effort... but we'll see.
    It's not about isoing, especially not to the extent that the starters will. It's about not having a unit that relies on Manu to create everything. There will be a good deal of 2/5 and 2/4 PnR with Manu and the bigs. But there need to be screen action with Patty in a similar fashion as Atlanta does with Korver. And Anderson will need to have the ball in his hands a lot, too. A good deal of that will by iso plays, but he can all both run the PnR and screen for it.

In the same way that Pop made it clear that Kawhi needed to take and fill the role as primary scorer for the starting unit, so too does he need to do that with Anderson. Kyle's not as good as Kawhi was back then, but Pop will have to force the bench to give him the same la ude, at least at the beginning of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about isoing, especially not to the extent that the starters will. It's about not having a unit that relies on Manu to create everything. There will be a good deal of 2/5 and 2/4 PnR with Manu and the bigs. But there need to be screen action with Patty in a similar fashion as Atlanta does with Korver. And Anderson will need to have the ball in his hands a lot, too. A good deal of that will by iso plays, but he can all both run the PnR and screen for it.

In the same way that Pop made it clear that Kawhi needed to take and fill the role as primary scorer for the starting unit, so too does he need to do that with Anderson. Kyle's not as good as Kawhi was back then, but Pop will have to force the bench to give him the same la ude, at least at the beginning of the year.
    I expect Pop to experiment at the start of the season, so let's hope it all works out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect Pop to experiment at the start of the season, so let's hope it all works out.
    So long as Danny gets a handful of post-ups a game, I'll be happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He scored 60% of the time out of isolations and got fouled 15% of the time. Frankly considering how poorly, awful, dismal everything the bench did while he was in there against OKC and how everybody was over-matched, it's a shame they never gave him a shot. I think the reason they didn't was to not place that burden on him his first playoffs, and also he was bound to not have any rhythm bc he was playing so little, but clearly your statement that he doesn't have talent is a biased personal perception of yours, let's at least be clear on that.

Objectively, here are the stats if they interest you:

Minimum of 10 min/game and 10 possessions per play type to qualify.
    Player Team GP Poss Freq PPP PTS FGM FGA FG% eFG% FT
    Freq
    TO
    Freq
    SF
    Freq
    And One
    Freq
    Score
    Freq
    Percentile
    Kawhi Leonard SAS 72 156 11.8% 0.99 154 60 130 46.2 46.9 14.1% 5.8% 11.5% 3.2% 49.4% 84.9
    Kyle Anderson
    SAS 78 53 13.6% 1.13 60 24 42 57.1 57.1 15.1% 5.7% 13.2% 0.0% 60.4% 96.2
    Manu Ginobili SAS 58 36 6.2% 1.06 38 15 29 51.7 55.2 8.3% 11.1% 5.6% 0.0% 50.0% 93.1
    Tony Parker SAS 72 51 5.5% 0.67 34 14 40 35.0 37.5 3.9% 17.6% 3.9% 0.0% 31.4% 22.3
    Boris Diaw SAS 76 23 4.5% 1.00 23 10 22 45.5 47.7 8.7% 0.0% 8.7% 4.3% 47.8% 88.0
    Jonathan Simmons SAS 55 27 8.2% 0.67 18 5 17 29.4 29.4 18.5% 22.2% 18.5% 3.7% 33.3% 22.3
    Patty Mills SAS 81 16 2.3% 0.94 15 6 13 46.2 50.0 6.3% 12.5% 0.0% 0.0% 43.8% 78.4
    LaMarcus Aldridge SAS 74 15 1.2% 0.93 14 4 10 40.0 40.0 20.0% 13.3% 20.0% 0.0% 46.7% 77.4
    David West SAS 78 19 3.5% 0.68 13 5 15 33.3 33.3 10.5% 10.5% 10.5% 0.0% 36.8% 24.7
    Danny Green SAS 79 12 1.8% 0.50 6 2 9 22.2 22.2 8.3% 16.7% 0.0% 0.0% 25.0% 7.3

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#...PerMode=Totals

He was basically in the 96.2% in isolations in the entire league, ahead of both Ginobili on more attempts and Kawhi (less attempts obviously).

Anyways, you obviously focused on just one aspect, when my point was that clearly the dude can shoot and can score and was never involved offensively in the playoffs against OKC. And for as bad as everyone shot and played, he probably was a good option. That he wasn't involved in what the bench was doing was a result of being parked in a corner in a situation in which no one really got into the paint to collapse any defense bc none of the bigs were rollers and Manu no longer sucks a defense in like he used to. Defenses would rather play him straight up very often, or do you need me to quote like 5 essays that Manutres has written in the forums rehashing how the bigs were a problem in the bench? I am sure you know what he meant. To have an iso scorer that could have saved everyone from that demise was helpful, but you are fine watching everyone else chuck and sink the ship I guess.

I don't think the entirety of Kyle's offense is isolations either, that was just the only time he had a green light to take up a constested shot. He was supposed to get open corner shots created for him, which didn't happen at all in the playoffs and was a streaky occurrence during the season depending how good/or awful was the defense from an opponent for exactly the reasons Manutres has elaborated.

Instances that isolations made sense for a bench player, end of quarter situations --typically a Manu possession, may start to go to Kyle. End of shot clock desperation heaves, were already going to him. 4th Q situations often require someone to engineer a shot out of nothing. Weren't you and troll Brazil making fun of how often Tony and Manu got stuck in those situations??? It happens. That is actually why I brought it up. You both trolling on how Kawhi tends to defer then chuckles in reference to Kyle, as if he shrinked from situations like that. If you both want to troll about him at least get it straight. That he's good in those situations bodes well for the team. Tony and Manu on the decline might not be the best guys in those kinds of cases anymore. You are both going to be whining the entire season it looks like.

Here are the Spurs training Kyle to take tough shots:

It's not as if it's not already part of the team's plan to apparently prepare him to take tough shots. Frankly I am starting to enjoy this trolling bc I get a sense you both will fall so flat on your faces that although it's out of character for me, I might enjoy gloating for a good long time.

As for the bench in general I expect (and hope) for Pop to experiment. Really it shouldn't be on a single guy. Several guys have to grow, etc. But I do expect him to get the ball more and the reason to give him the ball is not to have him iso all the time. He's primarily a playmaker and is becoming a very good shooter, but he looks to make plays for others all the time. I don't have to tell you that bc you saw it through the season. He had a better A/TO ratio than Ginobili and Diaw last season and had an assist ratio of 24%. Almost a full quarter of all of his possessions were an assist to someone. That's remarkable for a low usage player and it's part of the reason his own scoring numbers were not that high (wasn't shooting the 3 either, but I expect that to change.) He had a better assist ratio than Ginobili as well who assisted on 23% of his own posessions.

Anyways, you trolling and that is that.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-15-2016 at 02:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny or Fathead or you trolling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He scored 60% of the time out of isolations and got fouled 15% of the time. Frankly considering how poorly, awful, dismal everything the bench did while he was in there against OKC and how everybody was over-matched, it's a shame they never gave him a shot. I think the reason they didn't was to not place that burden on him his first playoffs, and also he was bound to not have any rhythm bc he was playing so little, but clearly your statement that he doesn't have talent is a biased personal perception of yours, let's at least be clear on that.

Freq
    TO
    Freq
    SF
    Freq
    And One
    Freq
    Score
    Freq
    Percentile
    Kawhi Leonard SAS 72 156 11.8% 0.99 154 60 130 46.2 46.9 14.1% 5.8% 11.5% 3.2% 49.4% 84.9
    Kyle Anderson
    Manu Ginobili SAS 58 36 6.2% 1.06 38 15 29 51.7 55.2 8.3% 11.1% 5.6% 0.0% 50.0% 93.1
    Tony Parker SAS 72 51 5.5% 0.67 34 14 40 35.0 37.5 3.9% 17.6% 3.9% 0.0% 31.4% 22.3
    Boris Diaw SAS 76 23 4.5% 1.00 23 10 22 45.5 47.7 8.7% 0.0% 8.7% 4.3% 47.8% 88.0
    Jonathan Simmons SAS 55 27 8.2% 0.67 18 5 17 29.4 29.4 18.5% 22.2% 18.5% 3.7% 33.3% 22.3
    Patty Mills SAS 81 16 2.3% 0.94 15 6 13 46.2 50.0 6.3% 12.5% 0.0% 0.0% 43.8% 78.4
    LaMarcus Aldridge SAS 74 15 1.2% 0.93 14 4 10 40.0 40.0 20.0% 13.3% 20.0% 0.0% 46.7% 77.4
    David West SAS 78 19 3.5% 0.68 13 5 15 33.3 33.3 10.5% 10.5% 10.5% 0.0% 36.8% 24.7

He was basically in the 96.2% in isolations in the entire league, ahead of both Ginobili on more attempts and Kawhi (less attempts obviously).

Anyways, you obviously focused on just one aspect, when my point was that clearly the dude can shoot and can score and was never involved offensively in the playoffs against OKC. And for as bad as everyone shot and played, he probably was a good option. That he wasn't involved in what the bench was doing was a result of being parked in a corner in a situation in which no one really got into the paint to collapse any defense bc none of the bigs were rollers and Manu no longer sucks a defense in like he used to. Defenses would rather play him straight up very often, or do you need me to quote like 5 essays that Manutres has written in the forums rehashing how the bigs were a problem in the bench? I am sure you know what he meant. To have an iso scorer that could have saved everyone from that demise was helpful, but you are fine watching everyone else chuck and sink the ship I guess.

I don't think the entirety of Kyle's offense is isolations either, that was just the only time he had a green light to take up a constested shot. He was supposed to get open corner shots created for him, which didn't happen at all in the playoffs and was a streaky occurrence during the season depending how good/or awful was the defense from an opponent for exactly the reasons Manutres has elaborated.

Instances that isolations made sense for a bench player, end of quarter situations --typically a Manu possession, may start to go to Kyle. End of shot clock desperation heaves, were already going to him. 4th Q situations often require someone to engineer a shot out of nothing. Weren't you and troll Brazil making fun of how often Tony and Manu got stuck in those situations??? It happens. That is actually why I brought it up. You both trolling on how Kawhi tends to defer then chuckles in reference to Kyle, as if he shrinked from situations like that. If you both want to troll about him at least get it straight. That he's good in those situations bodes well for the team. Tony and Manu on the decline might not be the best guys in those kinds of cases anymore. You are both going to be whining the entire season it looks like.

It's not as if it's not already part of the team's plan to apparently prepare him to take tough shots. Frankly I am starting to enjoy this trolling bc I get a sense you both will fall so flat on your faces that although it's out of character for me, I might enjoy gloating for a good long time.

As for the bench in general I expect (and hope) for Pop to experiment. Really it shouldn't be on a single guy. Several guys have to grow, etc. But I do expect him to get the ball more and the reason to give him the ball is not to have him iso all the time. He's primarily a playmaker and is becoming a very good shooter, but he looks to make plays for others all the time. I don't have to tell you that bc you saw it through the season. He had a better A/TO ratio than Ginobili and Diaw last season and had an assist ratio of 24%. Almost a full quarter of all of his possessions were an assist to someone. That's remarkable for a low usage player and it's part of the reason his own scoring numbers were not that high (wasn't shooting the 3 either, but I expect that to change.) He had a better assist ratio than Ginobili as well who assisted on 23% of his own posessions.

My take is entirely opinion, tbh, never claimed otherwise. I actually think Kyle will probably do well against 70-80% of the league, it's that other 20% of upper echelon teams where he needs to do well or better for the Spurs to contend, and personally I've seen no indication of him being able to do that, so far. I'm not trolling (in this case). I would love to eat crow on it, no doubt about it, it likely means the Spurs can contend, which is something I don't see right now (you know, barring external situations like injuries to other teams, etc). So there's definitely a lot riding on Kyle and some of the other bench guys doing well. It would mean we're not as top-heavy as I see the team right now, and I think that's a plus.

As far as how much Pop will experiment, we'll see. I think he'll be in mad scientist mode especially early in the season, but at the same time, I think how other teams do, and if we have to chase a team so we don't drop a lot in the standings will also dictate how much he does that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    had to chuckle. love sense of humor when its this refined lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take is entirely opinion, tbh, never claimed otherwise. I actually think Kyle will probably do well against 70-80% of the league, it's that other 20% of upper echelon teams where he needs to do well or better for the Spurs to contend, and personally I've seen no indication of him being able to do that, so far. I'm not trolling (in this case). I would love to eat crow on it, no doubt about it, it likely means the Spurs can contend, which is something I don't see right now (you know, barring external situations like injuries to other teams, etc). So there's definitely a lot riding on Kyle and some of the other bench guys doing well. It would mean we're not as top-heavy as I see the team right now, and I think that's a plus.

As far as how much Pop will experiment, we'll see. I think he'll be in mad scientist mode especially early in the season, but at the same time, I think how other teams do, and if we have to chase a team so we don't drop a lot in the standings will also dictate how much he does that.
    Maybe he's not going to be the second coming of Larry Bird this season TBH (sense of humor obviously) but has to get from point A to point B. Last season wasn't really about him at all and he played a minor role. He has to be pushed to the next stage. This season they will give him (and others too... the burden is higher on him only bc he's going to be a 3rd year player the Spurs have presumably being getting ready for this exact situation. They probably are lucky Manu didn't retire to being with. Bench might have really had Kyle for a leader this season, like for real if Manu had retired. Best case scenario Kyle/Mills with Kyle really being a more versatile player than Mills).

So Kyle's under more pressure than others, and although he doesn't look it if you focus on athleticism he's the most versatile of the youngest bench crew, until Murray learns how to shoot and improve his efficiency. Simmons is only good in some situations and he's not the defender Kyle is.. Anyways, don't like to compare as each player brings their own unique strengths that one hopes to see well blended together come into some beautiful basketball anyways. But Kyle does many things well, that makes him the best all around player. Bertans might be the best shooter at that height for example, but won't rebound, box out, defend or create for others as Kyle does. So he's still developing but will be pushed to the next tier of difficulty. He's lucky to have Ginobili there TBH. There will be tough games he doesn't have it etc. I am sure Manu can help. The amoung of knowledge expertise and just all out saavy Manu can share is invaluable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Freq
    TO
    Freq
    SF
    Freq
    And One
    Freq
    Score
    Freq
    Percentile
    Kyle Anderson

Nothing against you but your posts are pretty ing exhausting

That's all.

Thread Information