Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i'd have a chip if i were being stalked.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    now yoni has martin running around in circles. lol

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How long does it take to run from point 3 to point 5?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

as long as it took for george to make it up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ran because he was being followed by car and then Zimmerman got out of his car to run after him? He was probably afraid and trying to avoid a confrontation which makes it highly implausible that his motivations would suddenly have changed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

More than scratches.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Longer than the time between the phone call and Trayvon's death imo. It also looks like the kid was trying to go home in that map. That makes it even less likely to me that he circled around.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    nice presentation, yoni. the kids just trying to get home.

why is the truck location "presumed"?

oh, and its not his truck. its daddy's truck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head wounds bleed a lot Yoni. Unless he got s ches I'm still inclined to say that they weren't that serious and that they certainly weren't life-threatening. Even then the need for s ches doesn't necessarily mean that deadly force was needed in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ran because he was being followed by car and then Zimmerman got out of his car to run after him?
    During the police call Zimmerman indicates he is stationary when Martin takes off running.

He was probably afraid and trying to avoid a confrontation which makes it highly implausible that his motivations would suddenly have changed.
    Why did he first approach Zimmerman and then run? Or, is that a lie and a very good bit of acting on the part of George Zimmerman, during the phone call?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

More than scratches.
    nope, how many s ches?

and tell us more about the concussion you gave george.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head wounds bleed a lot Yoni. Unless he got s ches I'm still inclined to say that they weren't that serious and certainly not life-threatening.
    I'm not looking at the blood. I'm looking at the length and amount of insulted tissue on that one laceration running vertically. What caused it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the police call Zimmerman indicates he is stationary when Martin takes off running.
    He'd already followed the kid by car at that point though. He probably stopped the truck because he was on the phone with the police.

Why did he first approach Zimmerman and then run? Or, is that a lie and a very good bit of acting on the part of George Zimmerman, during the phone call?
    Judging by that map it looks more like he would've had to pass the truck in order to get home. Going by the girlfriend's testimony Trayvon probably decided to cut into that pathway so that Zimmerman's truck wouldn't be able to follow him home as well. At least in part.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    but we already know that george lies.

caught lying does not = good acting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd already followed the kid by car at that point though. He probably stopped the truck because he was on the phone with the police.
    Which means he was stationary when Martin took off running.

Judging by that map it looks more like he would've had to pass the truck in order to get home. Going by the girlfriend's testimony Trayvon probably decided to cut into that pathway so that Zimmerman's truck wouldn't be able to follow him home as well. At least in part.
    No argument here.

So, was it some kind of slow-motion chase for Zimmerman and Martin to end up at point #5? Because, if I recall, Zimmerman was on the phone with police for over a minute longer -- after Martin took off running.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not looking at the blood. I'm looking at the length and amount of insulted tissue on that one laceration running vertically. What caused it?
    Nobody's saying that there wasn't a fight or that Zimmerman didn't sustain injuries during the altercation.

But if those injuries aren't consistent with the head pounding he claimed *and* they were able to treat him at the scene without sending him to the hospital or anything I just don't buy the idea that Zimmerman was the victim of a barbaric beating and that his only course of action was to shoot his opponent.

For the most part I'm waiting until the actual trial because a lot of these arguments make Zimmerman look worse imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody's saying that there wasn't a fight or that Zimmerman didn't sustain injuries during the altercation.

But if those injuries aren't consistent with the head pounding he claimed *and* they were able to treat him at the scene without sending him to the hospital or anything I just don't buy the idea that Zimmerman was the victim of a barbaric beating and that his only course of action was to shoot his opponent.
    Can you see the contusions above the cut? And, there is another laceration out of frame. He was also hit hard enough to fracture his nose.

I buy the idea Zimmerman was in the process of receiving a barbaric beating and ended it with a bullet.

For the most part I'm waiting until the actual trial because a lot of these arguments make Zimmerman look worse imo.
    D'okie dokie.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    don't forget about the concussion you gave him. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Longer than the time between the phone call and Trayvon's death imo. It also looks like the kid was trying to go home in that map. That makes it even less likely to me that he circled around.
    From the transcript:

At 2:08 into the call...
    Zimmerman:

Yeah. You go in straight through the entrance and then you would go left. You go straight in, don’t turn and make a left.

He’s running. [2:08]
    At 4:07 into the call, 1 minute and 59 seconds later.
    Zimmerman:

Thanks.

911 dispatcher:

You’re welcome.

Call ends 4:07
    You're telling me Trayvon Martin couldn't run further than point #5 in 1 minute and 59 seconds?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    who said he was running, yoni?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a wider view of the neighborhood and, I can tell you as an old fat man, I can run from the front gate to the back gate of that community in less than two minutes.

A 17 year-old football player could probably do it in less than a minute.

From point 3 to point 5 is nothing.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    george said he was running.

george is a known liar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who said he was running, yoni?
    You're suggesting Zimmerman was doing a little acting during the 911 call?

Well, that would certainly indicate premeditation.

Even so, I could crawl from point 3 to point 5 in less than two minutes.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're suggesting Zimmerman was doing a little acting during the 911 call?

Well, that would certainly indicate premeditation.

Even so, I could crawl from point 3 to point 5 in less than two minutes.
    you wouldn't have to.

you're not the target george was after.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you see the contusions above the cut? And, there is another laceration out of frame. He was also hit hard enough to fracture his nose.

I buy the idea Zimmerman was in the process of receiving a barbaric beating and ended it with a bullet.
    Still doesn't mean his life was in danger.

The paramedics would've sent him to the hospital if that was the case. I won't claim to be an expert here but I'm pretty sure that EMTs and Paramedics don't let someone go to the police station for questioning if there's concerns about a concussion (let alone one that could have made him a vegetable for life) and/or a need for s ches and what have you.

I find that significant because Zimmerman's the one who said that he was receiving and had already been on the receiving end of a horrific beating by the time he pulled the trigger to save himself.

All that those photos prove is that there was an altercation which I don't think anyone has denied. Either Zimmerman didn't realize that his injuries weren't that serious and panicked or he's lying about what happened.

D'okie dokie.
    No arguing here since I'm just curious, but is this a common saying or just something you personally use? I'm used to seeing "Okie dokie"...

From the transcript:

At 2:08 into the call...

At 4:07 into the call, 1 minute and 59 seconds later.

You're telling me Trayvon Martin couldn't run further than point #5 in 1 minute and 59 seconds?
    I was talking about Trayvon's phone records which showed that he was on the phone according to what I've read.

Thread Information