Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this awhile ago but I think it makes sense for a deadline deal. Provided either Bonner or Diaw end up with severe injuries because I don't know how the trigger is pulled otherwise.

I could see a move for Marvin Williams.

He has transformed into a smallball 4 who at this point in his career does what you want a smallball 4 to do: hit three pointers and rebound. His 3 pointers are going down pretty reliably, and he had 3 point success his last playoff appearance. He could probably still be useful at SF against bigger SFs as well. Seasoned vet who fits pretty well into what the Spurs could use, a strong natural SF who grew a big Chuck Person ass and now bangs around with power forwards.

He's expiring, and Bonner + De Colo + a 2nd or cash etc could be enough. By the time the deadline comes Utah will be so wretched there won't be a point to them keeping him. Maybe Lindsey will do the Spurs and Williams a favor.
    objective with the goods. Would be a great move for the Spurs.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Bonner to the Celtics would be great for him.
    RACIST.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fk you all's ideas. We need MORE international INTELLIGENCE on this team, NOT LESS.

SIGN HEDO TURKOGLU!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to trade Green for one of the Portland or Phoenix wings. Too bad those teams are doing well and would laugh at any Spurs offer.

I don't see any trades in the foreseable future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy we could take a look is Kevin Seraphin from Washington. I definitely think that a better environment (ours) would help him, especially with Tony and Boris here.

He has been playing only 8 minutes/game and his value is probably the lowest it has ever been. He is behind Booker and Vesely in the Wiz rotation.

It wouldn't take much to get him from WAS and to me he is flat out better and has way more potential than all our BIGs other than Timmy/Diaw/Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just hoping we can acquire an SF.

Not a Nando for a 2018 draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner, De Colo and Ayres can all go.
    Good idea.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just hoping we can acquire an SF.

Not a Nando for a 2018 draft pick.
    i would take that though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A late 1st-round pick for a 28 year-old averaging 16 pts & 6 rbs a game on 48% shooting is very reasonable these days.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Ayres for a can of beans. Spurs need to make green abd Leonard just dribble the ball all day long everywhere they go

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only chance for the spurs to make a trade is to get a player with a bad contract. i know it would be great if the spurs can get rid of Bonner, De Colo and Ayres but who in the world would want them while giving up a better player?

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only chance for the spurs to make a trade is to get a player with a bad contract. i know it would be great if the spurs can get rid of Bonner, De Colo and Ayres but who in the world would want them while giving up a better player?
    every team that pays taxes and benefits from a trade, that sends back more salary than comes in. a team like the Clippers that is slightly over the threshold could benefit twice, if they can piece together a trade that cuts about 2 million from their pay roll. (they will likely try to get rid of Dudely, Barnes and Green. none would really help. maybe Barnes a bit, if he buys into the system, which is a big if).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teltovic's Euro agent said that his client was looking to be traded. Teltovic denied it but I guess it's just a PR move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too, but it's not happening.
    Makes sense though if we got a Brazilian.
    Just about everyone on the team has a "buddy".

Parker - Diaw - DeColo
    Ginobili - Belinelli
    Leonard - Thomas
    Mills - Baynes
    Duncan - Green
    Joseph - Bonner
    Splitter - ???
    Ayers - ???
    Nene isn't exactly a pal of Tiago and he cost 13 milions. Tiago is far more buddy with Scola than Nenê. Nenê and Tiago came from different schools in Brazil: Nene came directly to the NBA and Tiago gone to Europe when still a teen, never played in a pro team in Brazil.
    And Tiago & Varejao were the twin towers of the Brazilian NT some years ago (Forget it, Bonner earns less than I thought).
    Last edited by PingPong; 12-04-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teltovic's Euro agent said that his client was looking to be traded. Teltovic denied it but I guess it's just a PR move.
    I'd be happy if we could get Mirza for Bonner. I think he would play much better in the Spurs system than in Brooklyn, where there's no system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm under the impression that the reason Teletovic's agent wants a trade is to get him more minutes. He wouldn't get more minutes here, so why bother?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teletovic has looked terrible in the NBA, tbh, not sure why anybody wants him..

I also find it sad that he's playing selfish cancer ball and asked for a trade, tbh..if you've watched Nets games, he's not even thinking of passing the ball and shooting at every chance he gets..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teletovic has looked terrible in the NBA, tbh, not sure why anybody wants him..

I also find it sad that he's playing selfish cancer ball and asked for a trade, tbh..if you've watched Nets games, he's not even thinking of passing the ball and shooting at every chance he gets..
    Ya - he's a selfish a-hole. He literally shoots all the time when he's in during garbage time. He's proven nothing, the team is in a bad spot and he's crying. Now, if he was promised something and they welshed, ok, but handle it better. Bonner>>Him.

But I don't blame him for being selfish. That entire team is headed by Deron "I will watch this ship sink and do nothing to rush back and help" Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Ayres for a can of beans.
    Mate you are seriously over-valuing Jeff Ayres

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop, last season, likely talking about Teletovic:
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...passing-fancy/
    “I won’t mention the team, but a team we played this season … there was a foreign kid on there and the kid was open all the time. He was out there wondering, ‘What the…? I can’t get the ball?’ You’d see that look on his face five times during the game. While an American kid is dribbling in place, holding the ball. The guy played on a good team overseas, in a good program. He came over … [there], he gets the ball and shoots it. Now, it doesn’t come.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn is the new sinkhole in the NBA, there are teams that are worse but Brooklyn shouldn't be but they spent too much on fading stars and overrated talent. Money doesn't always buy you a championship and they are learning that quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldn't dismiss the nets so quick. i love the move to dump franks advice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldn't dismiss the nets so quick. i love the move to dump franks advice.
    Well given that the East is a cesspool the nets could make a run but that team is a mess, too many 'leaders' and a coach who has 1 skin on the wall but no coaching experience. How do you take any of that serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well given that the East is a cesspool the nets could make a run but that team is a mess, too many 'leaders' and a coach who has 1 skin on the wall but no coaching experience. How do you take any of that serious.
    it's a huntch. kg and pierce are champions. kidd is inexperienced, but so was mark jackson... kidd'll figure out to td and manu kg and pierce minutes. lopez and williams are the same as they always been. kidd'll have williams playing at elite level when williams can go. add that to a better managed champion infusion. injured ass lopez gets better output. and the depth behind injured lopez/ old kg is so sick. blatche, ak47, plumlee, evans, and even teletovic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a huntch. kg and pierce are champions. kidd is inexperienced, but so was mark jackson... kidd'll figure out to td and manu kg and pierce minutes. lopez and williams are the same as they always been. kidd'll have williams playing at elite level when williams can go. add that to a better managed champion infusion. injured ass lopez gets better output. and the depth behind injured lopez/ old kg is so sick. blatche, ak47, plumlee, evans, and even teletovic.
    Mark Jackson had assistants who knew the game. The Lawrence frank thing was to shake things up because of how sucky they have been but it's the personnel not the coaching. Kidd is no doc rivers.

Thread Information