Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it me or that Pop is looking more and more like the Jigsaw guy in SAW movies?
    Dude, yes. I thought the same thing when I was at the game last month.

"I want to play a game."

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

74 years old man teaching Wemby

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a sniffer. Fans do overvalue our talent level right now. And pop rant mid free throw can only help with players and agents specifically Wemby. Spoiled fans can cry, pop ain't getting fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has a superiority complex and needs to get over himself. Thinks he's bigger than the game and the team and the fans. It's time for him to go.

Not just because of this, but he's nearly 80, Wemby is young. We should be looking for Wemby's career coach right now cause unless Pop coaches until he's freaking 90 than he is not that coach. He's gotta do what's good for Wemby and the team and he's not it.
    Last edited by Russo21; 11-23-2023 at 08:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not good he just signed a 5 year 80+ mill extension

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like 15. The hag cost us several playoff series. He needs to retire or get fired. The dumb ownership with an alcoholic at the helm is going through DTs and dementia himself. The kids are incompetent with silver spoons in mouths all their lives. They have no business running this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know reading is very hard for you. Maybe you should go back to grade school and learn it, so you can figure out how to read the survey properly.

it's clear
    you just farted with your mouth again, passing off your fantasies as facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um our team is made of scrubs.

Any coach would be losing with this ensemble.

Im ok with tanking

Lets get worst record in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um our team is made of scrubs.

Any coach would be losing with this ensemble.

Im ok with tanking

Lets get worst record in the league
    Any coach berating the fans for booing Kabenedict Learnold would be exiting the org by the seat of his pants…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a post on another site calling Pop Coach Karen. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe he actually did that last night, what kind of message is he trying to send to the team and the city of SA? Embarrassing as man. Just two nights ago in his post game presser he's saying he was "totally satisfied" with the team effort and compe iveness in a game the Spurs lost by 25 points! and that he'll sleep good tonight in a game they lost by 25 points and 9 straight lmao and then last night pulling that in an actual compe ive game at the time and booing at the free throw line like any other fan base in hopes he missed the free throw, just pathetic man. Spurs on the verge of a 10 game losing streak and you actually still have your fans cheering and booing and using their hard working money to show up to watch a product and you're going to tell the fans to stop booing lmao, unreal.

Good on the Spurs fans for booing even louder afterwards, hoped that crushed Pops ego and him realizing people don't give a about what you have to say anymore. He is completely out of touch and needs to step down, it's a whole new time in 2023 and he has failed to adapt, time for a fresh face to lead the Spurs someone whose motivated and hungry with some fire under his ass and ready to lead/coach a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a post on another site calling Pop Coach Karen. Lol.
    My wife actually called him that last night after he did that

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was time about five years ago.
    It will never happen out of respect for him, but this should most definitely be his final season.

Worst thing of all is that they're probably going to give the job to Brett Brown when Pop leaves, instead of hiring Bud or someone else.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we sure Pop was chastising the crowd for booing? I thought someone threw something on the court.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grabbing the mic in the middle of the game to lecture fans is some straight out of middle school bull . My mind is still blown at how wackadoodle it was to do that.

It's time to get Becky's agent on the horn and see how much the buy-out would be to get her in before the WNBA season starts back up.
    I can imagine the synergy and FUN the team would have with Becky at the helm in a low-expectation environment. She's of that next generation that coaches through collaboration, feedback, and consensus. That matches the mindset of the current generation which views themselves as partners in work rather than slaves/employees.

The master/slave system can work if the master delivers on their le and guides his slaves to wins. No one cares if they're a slave if they're winning and kicking the asses of other slaves and "freemen".

But when you're a slave and you see other slaves off the plantation and having success (Kawhi), then your faith in "the system" evaporates. You're left wondering why the old man with TDS yelling at you about getting over yourself is delivering dictates to the fans over the stadium mic instead of coaching...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a sniffer. Fans do overvalue our talent level right now. And pop rant mid free throw can only help with players and agents specifically Wemby. Spoiled fans can cry, pop ain't getting fired.
    Pop has been pulling this type of act for over a decade now and has that ever helped the team sign or keep any of our big time players? You hear players on other teams praise Pop, but has anyone ever really said that they want to come to the Spurs just for Pop? If anything players we have or get in trades want to leave after being here. You'd think all the stuff Pop does to not only coach but to try to connect with his players would make them want to stay. It has not worked at all. Nephew, Dejounte, Demar and even LMA after he signed wanted out.

You hear former players like Dejounte or Lonny talk about how the spurs play mind games. Players talk and might say in private that they don't want to play here cause of stuff like that. I get how Pop wants you to earn it, but when you see players like bonner, Forbes or others get constantly burned in D or mistakes then don't get pulled or chewed out you shake your head. Yet when others mess up they get subbed out or they are on a quick hook. I've also seen players get get hot on offense but get subbed out because it's their "designated* time to come out. Sometimes thar type of coaching does not work with players.

Players want to put up numbers and get out there and show some flash. It seems Pop tries to rein it on players. Unless you are the Manu type, who just does what he does, then a player might struggle with that type of coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing worse than how bad ducks dunked on you is the cringe in your response. Take your L like a man and move on
    Hey you ignorant , he didn't dunk on me. He wasn't responding to me. And even if he had been, he took a piss joke and tried to turn it into a sex joke. He failed.

And what is it with you ignoramuses? Like seriously, I'm wondering if there truly is a educational gap between folks like you and the rest of functioning society?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe he actually did that last night, what kind of message is he trying to send to the team and the city of SA? Embarrassing as man. Just two nights ago in his post game presser he's saying he was "totally satisfied" with the team effort and compe iveness in a game the Spurs lost by 25 points! and that he'll sleep good tonight in a game they lost by 25 points and 9 straight lmao and then last night pulling that in an actual compe ive game at the time and booing at the free throw line like any other fan base in hopes he missed the free throw, just pathetic man. Spurs on the verge of a 10 game losing streak and you actually still have your fans cheering and booing and using their hard working money to show up to watch a product and you're going to tell the fans to stop booing lmao, unreal.

Good on the Spurs fans for booing even louder afterwards, hoped that crushed Pops ego and him realizing people don't give a about what you have to say anymore. He is completely out of touch and needs to step down, it's a whole new time in 2023 and he has failed to adapt, time for a fresh face to lead the Spurs someone whose motivated and hungry with some fire under his ass and ready to lead/coach a team.
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a guy that beats the "get over oneself" narrative to the ground, it is amazing the amount of things this guy does to try to stand out and look different. That Kawhi was cringe as . It's time for someone on the organization to start putting him in his place. His act is getting as old as him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. Love ya Pop but you’ve lost the plot.
    Last night was the last straw for me

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey you ignorant , he didn't dunk on me. He wasn't responding to me. And even if he had been, he took a piss joke and tried to turn it into a sex joke. He failed.

And what is it with you ignoramuses? Like seriously, I'm wondering if there truly is a educational gap between folks like you and the rest of functioning society?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grabbing the mic in the middle of the game to lecture fans is some straight out of middle school bull . My mind is still blown at how wackadoodle it was to do that.

It's time to get Becky's agent on the horn and see how much the buy-out would be to get her in before the WNBA season starts back up.
    Yeah, that wasn't cool. I didn't catch the game live but what a ing awkward moment, and with such a polarizing figure to San Antonio too, in the middle of a second clearly tanking season. Not the kind of figure you want to stand up for at this point, in this season... Also how isn't it against the rules?

I do hope he finishes out the season still. He's a fundamental figure to the Spurs and should strive to leave a good successor (hoping for Becky as well here) in place. Turmoil at the coaching department is a great way to derail any rebuild.

I don't know if Becky leaves his spot in the WNBA though. The Aces have won the last 2 chips with her at the helm, she's their GOAT already and could retire there if she so wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want Pop fired.. there should be a better reason than he took up the mic and chastised the crowd for booing a player who stabbed the Spurs' chances of continued contention after the Big 3 retired. After all, the man who was betrayed the most due to this act was Pop himself.

The question of whether or not to fire Pop will have to depend upon whether there is a better coach out there who will hone this inexperienced, young team with one potential superstar (Wemby), one possible borderline All Star (Devin Vassell) and a whole other bunch of role/ rotation/ semi-NBA talent players into getting a better record than what Pop has managed so far. And the next question is whether that prospective coach will find a way to get Wemby better as he gets his team better.

I think the answer to both these questions isn't quite out there. Pop should at least be allowed to fail over the course of this season before the Spurs get a replacement. Let Wemby and others play out this year and lets see if they can overcome the humps that are there for them as a young squad. Lets see if Vassell, Wemby, Collins, Johnson and Sochan improve their game further. Its too early to cut Pop from being the coach, IMO.

The only thing that I disagree with Pop is his stubbornness in playing Sochan out of position. And I believe that Wright missed a trick in not getting either of Monte Morris or Tyus Jones when he had an opportunity to do so. More so, I feel Wright made a huge blunder in drafting Primo over Sengun. Pop has had to deal with the canvas that Wright and RCB has set for him and I can truly say only last season and this..have been truly disappointing for him as coach. Last season was necessary to get Wemby though and this season.. we have to give Pop the chance to train his wards to go up the next level.

Its just too early to change a coach who has not just honed the Spurs to a five-time champion but has also heralded a coaching/ FO assembly line that has taken over nearly half the league and brought successes to other teams. Give Pop this season and then take a decision after that, is what I feel, is the right thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because despite how stupid Pop's actions tonight, he's at least made some positive contributions to this planet. The same can't be said about you.
    What has he did on his dime to help the planet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see - he's 3-12 this year. Last year it was 22-60. His last winning season was 2018-19. He's been a sub-500 coach since Tim Duncan retired in 2016. And it seems none of the "elite" NBA players want to play for him. Pretty much anyone else would have been fired by now. Maybe he's just not that great of a coach.

Thread Information