Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    if they do it right, who is their QB in 3-4 years?
    No idea, but it doesn't matter. Infinite_limit is my nig but I disagree about the QB position; its most important they rebuild the OL and defense. They have a couple nice young pieces but overall they're too old. I wanna see linemen drafted in the upcoming draft, with S/CB in the following draft. After that they can worry about a QB, but if they get an elite OL they can put any average passer there and he'll accel.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No idea, but it doesn't matter. Infinite_limit is my nig but I disagree about the QB position; its most important they rebuild the OL and defense. They have a couple nice young pieces but overall they're too old. I wanna see linemen drafted in the upcoming draft, with S/CB in the following draft. After that they can worry about a QB, but if they get an elite OL they can put any average passer there and he'll accel.
    I agree. I wouldn't draft a QB this year unless Kaepernick is dealt [doubtful]. It's not out of the question that this could be a playoff team. If they do as you say: rebuild OL and Defense (especially CB's if Culliver leaves) we could challenge.

It's time for all those Baalke draft picks to put up or expose him. Baalke and York might be thinking our depth is ready to step in.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    honestly... the quickest way to become relevant is to have a QB. by in large, look at teams that have sustained success (relative, not necessarily superbowls) in the last 6-7 years. San Diego, Denver (since manning), Indianapolis, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, NYG... they all have stability at QB. not necessarily world beaters.

you also have SF who has had sustained success by getting everything solved except QB, but thats a much more difficult formula to follow... need to completely nail everything else. offensive line, running backs, tight ends, entire defense... you have a lot of teams that are well built but their lack of qb holds them back. most recently the bengals and bills. the vikings in the pre-favre days. the chiefs with matt cassel. look at the cards without palmer

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    honestly... the quickest way to become relevant is to have a QB. by in large, look at teams that have sustained success (relative, not necessarily superbowls) in the last 6-7 years. San Diego, Denver (since manning), Indianapolis, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, NYG... they all have stability at QB. not necessarily world beaters.

you also have SF who has had sustained success by getting everything solved except QB, but thats a much more difficult formula to follow... need to completely nail everything else. offensive line, running backs, tight ends, entire defense... you have a lot of teams that are well built but their lack of qb holds them back. most recently the bengals and bills. the vikings in the pre-favre days. the chiefs with matt cassel. look at the cards without palmer
    2005 - Patriots w/Brady
    2006 - Steelers w/Ben
    2007 - Colts w/Peyton
    2008 - Giants w/Eli
    2009 - Steelers w/Ben
    2010 - Saints w/Brees
    2011 - Packers w/Rodgers
    2012 - Giants w/Eli
    2013 - Ravens w/Flacco
    2014 - Seahawks w/Wilson
    2015 - Patriots w/Brady

1. You need Elite Quarterback
    2. Almost all those teams made multiple SB's (Saints & Packers didn't)

None of those teams lost a SB and then went onto win one. Meaning their first trip was a success.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Eli, Flacco, Wilson aren't elite. Ben is borderline. the "elite" in recent years have been manning/brady/brees/rodgers

and i'm not just talking about winning a superbowl. just as far as being consistently compe ive. ben is terrific, but he's not on par with those names. he's in the same class as rivers imo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The problem is there's no elite QB in this draft and it doesn't look like there will be one anytime soon unless they steal Rodgers/Luck somewhere down the line. The past 15 years has been the best QB era ever; once its done teams will still win SBs, and they'll have to do it by building a team.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The problem is there's no elite QB in this draft and it doesn't look like there will be one anytime soon unless they steal Rodgers/Luck somewhere down the line. The past 15 years has been the best QB era ever; once its done teams will still win SBs, and they'll have to do it by building a team.
    doesn't have to be elite imo. ryan, stafford, eli, falcco, wilson, romo, rivers, palmer aren't elite but they're all good enough. even a guy like tannehill. just has to be stable. i cant think of a team thats had the same qb for 5+ season, but have consistently struggled

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    doesn't have to be elite imo. ryan, stafford, eli, falcco, wilson, romo, rivers, palmer aren't elite but they're all good enough. even a guy like tannehill. just has to be stable. i cant think of a team thats had the same qb for 5+ season, but have consistently struggled
    Most of those teams have found success because of the players around them (elite OL, elite D, elite RB), not the actual QB themselves. You put any of them on the Niners for this upcoming season with a mediocre OL and gutted defense, I don't see them winning more than an extra game or two. Maybe Rivers could do it or Joe Baggs if they made the postseason but the rest would net them an 8-8 record at best. At this point QB should not be the first priority unless someone with high potential emerges.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Most of those teams have found success because of the players around them (elite OL, elite D, elite RB), not the actual QB themselves. You put any of them on the Niners for this upcoming season with a mediocre OL and gutted defense, I don't see them winning more than an extra game or two. Maybe Rivers could do it or Joe Baggs if they made the postseason but the rest would net them an 8-8 record at best. At this point QB should not be the first priority unless someone with high potential emerges.
    this i agree with, you have to pick your spots. but when your qb position is in flux, its hard to get an honest evaluation of other players too

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    this i agree with, you have to pick your spots. but when your qb position is in flux, its hard to get an honest evaluation of other players too
    They gotta just stick with someone at this point; thought they'd give Kraep but maybe not. Wouldn't be opposed to any trade involving him in the slightest, however.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    educate me on my new dan skuta por favor

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He has pretty eyes

He played well last season. Classic undersized and lacks speed etc but is smart.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Pretty solid back. Won't ever be even a #2 guy but if you put him next to a star defender like the Niners did with Willis, he can thrive. Prolly his best quality is his durability iirc.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Go to Indy Frank. I want someone to root for come Playoff time
    I didn't watch a lot of Gore this past season, numbers look solid but he's going to be 32. Not to mention he's going to be running behind a presumed inferior o-line. Worth it?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I didn't watch a lot of Gore this past season, numbers look solid but he's going to be 32. Not to mention he's going to be running behind a presumed inferior o-line. Worth it?
    no, he's on the decline big time. But at least it means Richardson won't be carrying a bucket of chicken with him into the huddle every series.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    no, he's on the decline big time. But at least it means Richardson won't be carrying a bucket of chicken with him into the huddle every series.
    This, but he's also dependable as and a great locker room guy and can be a team leader. He's also big in the postseason.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The best thing that could happen to my Niners is happening. Why struggle along at 9-7/8-8/7-9? Time to start over. A few ty years as the Seahawks lose players and get low draft picks while we get high draft picks. Simply the nature of the beast.

We need some 2-14 seasons now.

Bottom line is 5-1 in SB's. 29 teams wish they could say that.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-10-2015 at 12:49 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The best thing that could happen to my Niners is happening. Why struggle along at 9-7/8-8/7-9? Time to start over. A few ty years as the Seahawks lose players and get low draft picks while we get high draft picks. Simply the nature of the beast.

this is really the best thing to happen to the 49ers?

Rofl no. You're a ing re .

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

They haven't traded Kaepernick yet. This is still a 6 to 9 win team

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    They haven't traded Kaepernick yet. This is still a 6 to 9 win team
    And what good does 6-9 wins do in that division? Why be a middle of the pack team?

We need draft picks, not 8-8 seasons.

The thing is to be in SB contention a few years out of a decade. That's all any team can hope for.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why the do you pay Torrey Smith $40 million ($23 million guaranteed) to make your mediocre team older? This FO has no idea what they're doing .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And what good does 6-9 wins do in that division? Why be a middle of the pack team?

We need draft picks, not 8-8 seasons.

The thing is to be in SB contention a few years out of a decade. That's all any team can hope for.
    Another York up. He knows his stadium is hosting the Super Bowl so he doesn't want empty stadiums in the regular season being showcased.

I personally don't care if we become a lottery team, I survived the Nolan, Erickson, Singletary era. I have other sports to watch in the mean time.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That's a lot of money for Smith. Should have went after Maclin instead.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Another York up. He knows his stadium is hosting the Super Bowl so he doesn't want empty stadiums in the regular season being showcased.

I personally don't care if we become a lottery team, I survived the Nolan, Erickson, Singletary era. I have other sports to watch in the mean time.
    It's just not realistic to think any team can be in the SB hunt every season. The draft is set up to prevent that. We had a nice run now it's time to reload, the with 2015/2016. We need a couple seasons to regroup.

The Cowboys, Steelers and Niners have played in what 20 SB's? They get it!
    Last edited by Avante; 03-10-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Thread Information