Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? It's not like he hasnt made them before is it? He was uncontested was he not? You guys give him for taking em when hes contested no? So should he have used a few more seconds and got a few feet closer?
    What do you think the average make rate from 29 feet is?

He shot it uncontested.
    A defender was there. He just wasn't about to jump into Kobe and foul him. Let him shoot the stupid shot.

He lost the game? Solely on Kobe? Barnes, Blake, and Brown 0-fer night had nothing to do with it? Odoms inactivity and greatly reduced mins? Rons several point blank bricks? MVPau letting Bosh abuse him? No your right. It was all Kobe 3. What was i thinking? LOL at ton of time. 20 seconds and no time outs.
    Sorry, I thought Kobe was the leader? I thought he was the best since MJ? I thought he was the man carrying this team? I thought he's the guy with the experience, with the 5 les, with the killer instinct?

But no. When the Lakers lose, it's on the refs (this thread) and on the role players+ Pau not stepping up. Lakers fans

I dont know what game you watched but it was a uncontested natural shot. Unless you want to count big Z's fuetal attempt to close out on him nobody was within an arms reach. Nice try.
    Yep. A natural, 29 foot jump shot. Do you really listen to yourself talk?

And HCA is not all that important in the West. We only need it for the finals.
    Famous last words.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You won't be in the Finals.
    uh... ok

Rooster-Lollypops TheManFromAcme's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You won't be in the Finals.

....your team is 4 years displaced
    the unlikeliness is higher for your spurs that they won't make it

believe that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HCA isn't that important.

That's why Kobe was busting his ass after they lost last game, right? Regular season doesn't matter?

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    From 2000 to 2002 we all know who the Alpha Dog was on those teams. To believe otherwise is just rewriting history.

Shaq - Alpha
    Kobe - Beta

Just to be clear.

Jacking up 27 foot threes is simply not good basketball. LA has enough really good players to overcome this trait of Kobe a lot of the time, but not alway. I saw a lot of bad basketball last night on TNT - breaking offensive plays, horrible defense, turnovers.

you gotta love how Spurs fan will be quick to tag Shaquille the alpha dog and label him a three time MVP but will quickly forget who assraped their team in the 2001 NBA Finals in which the Spurs had HCA. Sure Shaquille was the top dog during those years but don't make it seem like Bean was some stiff and wasn't an alpha in his own right, especially in the 2001 WCF (the real NBA Finals). Just ask Ant Daniels.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...ok...it's a GUAR-AN-TEE, brah!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you gotta love how Spurs fan will be quick to tag Shaquille the alpha dog and label him a three time MVP but will quickly forget who assraped their team in the 2001 NBA Finals in which the Spurs had HCA. Sure Shaquille was the top dog during those years but don't make it seem like Bean was some stiff and wasn't an alpha in his own right, especially in the 2001 WCF (the real NBA Finals). Just ask Ant Daniels.
    But Laker fans, to the same extent, should not trumpet Kobe as the king of rings when he was Scottie Pippen to Shaq's Jordan on three of them.

I think no one will argue with Kobe's 2 (except maybe Pau Gasol for last year). Anything more than that is pretending like Kobe was the man in those first three les, when he was not.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What do you think the average make rate from 29 feet is?.
    It doesnt matter. It was the open available shot. Iv'e seen him make quite a few to be honest.

A defender was there. He just wasn't about to jump into Kobe and foul him. Let him shoot the stupid shot. .
    No defender was there. Big Z was at the 3 and jumped out last second to contest and came up short. Try looking at the tape if you dont believe me.

Sorry, I thought Kobe was the leader? I thought he was the best since MJ? I thought he was the man carrying this team? I thought he's the guy with the experience, with the 5 les, with the killer instinct?

But no. When the Lakers lose, it's on the refs (this thread) and on the role players+ Pau not stepping up. Lakers fans .
    Who said that? I simply said its not all on Kobe and most certainly not bevause of that one shot. Kobe most definetly played his role in the loss as well as others. Funny how you all love to remind us that its a team sport and kobe gets carried by so many... yet when they lose all of a sudden the team is forgotten. You see Cry... it works both ways.

Yep. A natural, 29 foot jump shot. Do you really listen to yourself talk?
    He took a natural two foot set jump shot. One we have all seen him make numerous times. No? You implied that he took some off balance contested prayer. That just simply is not the case and the video will bear this out. He hit the front of the rim for god's sake. A few inches more and everyone would be calling him the killer. It comes with the territory of being the guy willing to take the shots.

Famous last words.
    Heard that three years running now....

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But Laker fans, to the same extent, should not trumpet Kobe as the king of rings when he was Scottie Pippen to Shaq's Jordan on three of them.

I think no one will argue with Kobe's 2 (except maybe Pau Gasol for last year). Anything more than that is pretending like Kobe was the man in those first three les, when he was not.
    Still & all:::

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

That's why Kobe was busting his ass after they lost last game, right? Regular season doesn't matter?
    Of course it matters. I just dont happen to think HCA is all that important in the West. I thin the 2-3-2 of the finals make HCA there so much more crucial. Would I like to have it...of course. Is it the end of the world without? Not even close.

Did you ever think that Kobe was thinking forward "in case" they should meet the Heat in the finals and got some extra shooting in their arena in?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah...ok...it's a GUAR-AN-TEE, brah!!!
    Never said that now did I? I like our chances though as you no doubt like yours. Is that not what being a fan is all about?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

check 2001 once again ..... the real NBA Finals: Lakers vs Spurs, and see who the Finals MVP really was. I have no problem with Bean being the second fiddle but that series where it was clearly the two best teams in the league, the best player on the floor was Bryant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    check 2001 once again ..... the real NBA Finals: Lakers vs Spurs, and see who the Finals MVP really was. I have no problem with Bean being the second fiddle but that series where it was clearly the two best teams in the league, the best player on the floor was Bryant.
    They can never admit it. Its so very sad.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They can never admit it. Its so very sad.
    they know .... it hurts but they know. they'll be quick to throw out 6/24 but forget to throw out how Bean avg'd 33 points a game in that series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lord, have mercy on those who crucify the man who chooses to work hard.

May they be blessed with that which they ask for, the man who sits sullenly on his failings instead of diving deeper into attempting to better an aspect of himself.

Lord, do not grant them these men the strength to overcome obstacles, may you rather give them a life devoid of challenge.

Amen.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He's 34 and still has no idea what it means to be a teammate. 20 seconds left, game definitely in reach, and this is the shot he takes.
    You don't think Kobe can make a 29 foot three pointer?

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

lolwut?

Are professional athletes only supposed to work hard during the playoffs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? How can the Lakers play the Spurs in the NBA finals when they're both in the Western Conference?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hey Cry... still waiting on that contested off ballance proof btw. Or are you willing to admit you exagerated quite a bit?

silverblk mystix
    So a quick three in Kobe's mind = 29 feet.

Not, you know, passing away from the pressure to a teammate who's in the same ing hemisphere as the hoop. Nope. It's Kobe, he's got to take that shot and prove how good he is.

Except he missed. Badly. He lost a game for his team that his TEAM had been in all along. He chucked in the 2nd half and lost the game for his team, and even then they kept it close until he buried them with a 30 footer that had a ton of time left on the clock.

NO ONE in their right basketball mind outside of LA would say that's a good shot. But Lakers fans think so. Because he's Kobe and can do no wrong. It's baffling. That shot was about as low as can be on the IQ scale. Off balance, with a defender right there, not even a set shot. Just a chuck. And you guys eat it up even though he cost you the game. This might be the one at the end of the season that takes away home court in the second round against Dallas, and you're defending it. Unreal.
    Cry with the goods here.

Just bump this in a couple of months as Dallas ekes by the lakers with the help of HCA.

There was also an article lately about the lakers acting like chumps after a win and that article needs to be bumped when things don't go the lakers way this playoff season.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If it happens that way we'll have the company of 28 other teams.

They'll have nary room.

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I can never respect a guy like Kobe. This is nothing but a PR move and you have to be an idiot to think otherwise. What's he trying to prove?

Kobe's shooting wasn't even the reason the Lakers lost the game, it was his desire to outscore Wade or Lebron that caused the Lakers another crucial game

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Richards finally returns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can never respect a guy like Kobe. This is nothing but a PR move and you have to be an idiot to think otherwise. What's he trying to prove?

Kobe's shooting wasn't even the reason the Lakers lost the game, it was his desire to outscore Wade or Lebron that caused the Lakers another crucial game
    and Lebron is not?

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Richards finally returns.
    He's the Culburn of Heat fans.

Thread Information