Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Since when a player needs a lot of touches for those post up stats? A minimum required doesn't mean get enough touches on a team.

He didn't show that in two last playoffs? He didn't prove he can be aggressive and effective if he can have more playing time?? And the team run the same way, again.

Right now? When? After his third game? Sure, three games and he forgot his game...Who's the "obtuse" now?
    Nope. He's not going to be as bad as he's looked in his first three games. However, he has a long way to go before he has the right to be talking max contract with the Spurs. A max player has the ability to carry his team to victory night in and night out. I don't see that trait in Leonard thus far. You can hide behind those finals appearances for only so long. When Duncan and Ginobili retire and Max Leonard is double teamed on every possession, what happens then. More importantly, just how screwed will the Spurs be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Max Player" doing work this season.

33% FG%
    20% 3P%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will never have a slick offensive game. He is an amazing defender but as I've said before, his offense is very one dimensional most of the time.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    he pissed me off this game letting those ty rockets play it all up like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A max player has the ability to carry his team to victory night in and night out.
    Parsons doesn't carry his team every night and the market said he's a max player.
    You are not talking about max players, you talk about superstars. Lebron, Durant, Duncan/Kobe in their prime are those type of players who can win a game alone.

When Duncan and Ginobili retire and Max Leonard is double teamed on every possession, what happens then. More importantly, just how screwed will the Spurs be?
    What happens?
    a-If the Spurs developed his game, we'll watch an all around offensive player in action.
    He has a nice mid-jump and strong post-up game, he has developed a fadeaway but he needs to work those things.

b-If the Spurs thought he'll turn into star magically in only one day -the next day post Duncan era- and didn't want to spend the regular season to increase his role, we'll watch a guy who can get a few opportunistic buckets or some 3's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's ing November, damn..every single year, 90% of NBA fans overanalyze the first 2 months of the season, tbh..

These games are completely meaningless, the players have barely warmed up, some of them aren't even awake yet..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI, Leonard's last 2 games without the big 3, prior to tonight:

vs. a fully healthy Golden State team last year: 21 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists and a Win
    vs. Bulls with everybody but Rose: 26 points, 4 rebounds and a W

What does it mean? absolutely nothing, they are meaningless regular season games + a miniscule sample size..

The missed most of preseason and has barely touched the ball since returning to the lineup..only Spurs fans would question the ing Finals MVP..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only true spurs fans will realize this team can only go as far as MVParker takes it.
    Don't get me wrong, I really want to watch Tony playing at his peak, but this team won the WCF and the Finals without MVParker...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Parsons doesn't carry his team every night and the market said he's a max player.
    You are not talking about max players, you talk about superstars. Lebron, Durant, Duncan/Kobe in their prime are those type of players who can win a game alone.
    So another teams wrong makes a right? Dallas isn't a small market team and they have an owner willing to press up against the cap and beyond. The Spurs don't function that way. They want a contract equal to the production on the court. The Spurs don't just hand out max deals. In many aspects, the RJ trade set them back light years. The FO is more frugal than ever in terms of spending. They'd rather pay some foreign dude pennies on the dollar for cheap labor than overpay an American to do the same job, only better. Parson's is the anti-Leonard. He has the ability to win games with his offense but, conversely has the ability to drag the team down with his defense. It would be unreasonable to expect Leonard to be a superstar, but not an all-star.

What happens?
    a-If the Spurs developed his game, we'll watch an all around offensive player in action.
    He has a nice mid-jump and strong post-up game, he has developed a fadeaway but he needs to work those things.

b-If the Spurs thought he'll turn into star magically in only one day -the next day post Duncan era- and didn't want to spend the regular season to increase his role, we'll watch a guy who can get a few opportunistic buckets or some 3's.
    You keep repeating yourself. "If the Spurs..." No, if Kawhi develops his game. The balls in Leonard's court. He's the one who needs to take the initiative to take that next step in the learning curve. The Spurs can assist him but it's ultimately going to be up to Leonard. Tiago went through the same exact thing his first couple of seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So another teams wrong makes a right?
    It doesn't matter if you like or not, I've mentioned who are max player in the league.

You keep repeating yourself. "If the Spurs..." No, if Kawhi develops his game. The balls in Leonard's court He's the one who needs to take the initiative to take that next step in the learning curve. The Spurs can assist him but it's ultimately going to be up to Leonard.
    And how do you think a team "assist" a player to improve? Putting him in position to succeed.
    There are no miraculous recipes, just more playing time and more the ball in his hands.

Thread Information