Post Count
    *whispers*

No such thing as an afterlife, brah
    Prove it.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    you aren't all knowing and don't have the RIGHT to decide "when" someone becomes a human.
    and you do have the right to decide when something is a human?

hi pot, I'm kettle

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Belief = Rejection of Belief

Yes. You can quickly spin that into, not caring/without passion or heart
    pretty tough to spin such a erroneous statement. A christian rejects a muslims belief, but they are not without belief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    an atheists bases views on known fact. "Without belief"...? No, that isn't the definition. It's believing in fact. Quit trying to put your personal definition upon us.

And I used to be a Deist in highschool... when I was too scared to take a side.
    I can surmise you're an asshole, 1. Second, prove its solely my definition.

dictionary.com defines atheism as disbelief. Disbelief = without belief. Have fun with that one.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Prove there is such a thing as the afterlife. The burden of proof doesn't lie on the person claiming the negative.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Prove to me that the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist and isn't controlling Barrack Obama's decision making

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prove there is such a thing as the afterlife. The burden of proof doesn't lie on the person claiming the negative.
    his claim was there is no afterlife, so yes the burden of proof is on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then you don't have proof of anything. I get your point but you cannot prove yours. Simply saying there is no proof doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And I don't give a rat's ass about any pasta monster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I concur.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and you do have the right to decide when something is a human?

hi pot, I'm kettle
    nope and thats why i don't intervene. abortion is comfort food for s in my honest opinion and i won't pander to that .

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You are one dumb . He's claiming a negative, meaning the burden of proof doesn't lie on him to prove it.

Remember when your last family member pled not guilty (a negative) to a drug possession charge and the DA had the "burden of proof" to show how he was guilty? This is the same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What do you know about physics? I know enough. You're saying a plane exists that breaks the laws and constants by which this existence abides? Is that what you're saying? Please prove that anything like an afterlife that breaks the rules exists.

Understand this: You are terrified of death. You'll believe anything to help you not think about that. It's in your evolution to believe in supers ion... you like to believe that you are immortal. You're not. You're mortal. You'll die. Maybe parts of you will be a part of another living thing way down the line of this current universe's life, but you won't know. You should just focus on being happy. If that is believing in supers ion, then do it. Call me a bull ter, that's fine. Whatever makes you happy, but do not impede on my belief and right to happiness, or I will break the foundation of everything that you base your happiness off of.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    nope and thats why i don't intervene. abortion is comfort food for s in my honest opinion and i won't pander to that .
    So what about the victim of rape or incest? Is abortion "comfort food" for them too?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Is not atheism literally defined as "without belief?" If one truly does not believe in the supernatural, how can he then leave 'room' for such occurrences?
    It is "without belief", but "belief" can be interpreted different ways. The usual way it's interpreted is without belief in a specific God. An atheist could still believe there's some universal karmic rule in effect, but that it wasn't put in place by any specific being. Most people wouldn't put believing in some sort of "force" as on the same level of theism. Admittedly, we are somewhat splitting hairs here.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    gays marrying is their failure to leave religious people and their concepts alone. gays don't need their union to be recognized by a religious concept. one thing that gays commonly do is act really flamboyant and throw their lifestyle in our faces while seeking acceptance, not really "leaving people alone" at all. Don't tell me to accept your lifestyle, leave me out of it.
    You shouldn't use something you don't understand as an example.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    pretty sure it does actually, the idea of the supernatural is counter-intuitive to atheism.
    It is counter-intuitive, and yet, some still believe in supernaturalism. (Admittedly, probably a rare breed.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can surmise you're an asshole, 1. Second, prove its solely my definition.

dictionary.com defines atheism as disbelief. Disbelief = without belief. Have fun with that one.
    So your religion is of dictionary.com? Interesting.... did you find the word 'surmise' in the books of your temple?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    an atheists bases views on known fact. "Without belief"...? No, that isn't the definition. It's believing in fact. Quit trying to put your personal definition upon us.

And I used to be a Deist in highschool... when I was too scared to take a side.
    Technically speaking, atheism translates out to without belief. A = without, theism = belief in god/gods.

Fwiw, agnosticism means without knowledge.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So what about the victim of rape or incest? Is abortion "comfort food" for them too?
    yeah they'd rather hide the evidence and get rid of it than face their problems for 9 months and give the baby up for adoption. rape sucks, but abortion doesn't undo it or make things any better.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What I wonder is this: what is the general foundation of a TRUE atheists' ethics. I am not saying atheists are unethical, or incapable of ethics. I simply wonder what an atheist believes is the moral foundation for his actions - whether for good and ill.
    Compassion.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Without Belief = Rejection of Belief

Yes. You can quickly spin that into, not caring/without passion or heart
    Except that "without" and "rejection" are completely different words. I am currently without a Mountain Dew. I don't reject Mountain Dew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Understand that you are a breed of human that keeps the entire race from improving at the highest possible rate. You are reading the wrong books.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are one dumb . He's claiming a negative, meaning the burden of proof doesn't lie on him to prove it.

Remember when your last family member pled not guilty (a negative) to a drug possession charge and the DA had the "burden of proof" to show how he was guilty? This is the same thing.
    listen the original claim was made by the poster, now this may be a shock to you but you can't just go around saying positive or negative and here's why. Because his claim is a positive for an atheist and a negative for a christian. So yes he has to defend his claim

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Prove there is one. Or prove there's no Zeus, while we're at it. Or prove that I'm not 20 feet tall.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    yeah they'd rather hide the evidence and get rid of it than face their problems for 9 months and give the baby up for adoption. rape sucks, but abortion doesn't undo it or make things any better.
    saying "rape sucks, but!" as if you're an expert on rape and have any idea what kind of experience it is for victims.

It's very Christian of you to care less about victims of rape than unborn fetuses tbh. I'm sure Jesus would be proud of the compassion you show towards rape victims.

Thread Information