Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh we said the same about Luka samanic. “He needs more time.” And he was absolute ass. Branham sucks, plain and simple. I feel more comfortable with sochan and Blake developing.
    I view Darko M. and Luka Samanic both as coaching and scouting failures. Both of them had the athletic potential and some talent. Both of them grew up playing against sub-par talent that they could dominate without having to put in work outside of the games. This they found themselves when drafted in a spot where when they did the math were set for life in their home country financially and could go back and get a contract or two to be a pretty big fish in a small pond without a lot of work to launch with publicity whatever passion project they wanted. For guys who viewed basketball as oh it's fun and because I am good at it, this can be my ticket to a comfortable spot, once you have the ticket why go further?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems that teams are kinda of figuring out Victor on the defensive end. or maybe victor is just tired and less explosive. but teams are successfully driving at the rim more often lately even with Victor patrolling in the paint
    yeah, I was wondering why Wemby only had 6 block’s last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson actually had a number of decent games, had a foot injury which took him from below average athletically in the NBA to can't compete. Branahm just never even seemed to have that. He was supposed to be a smart playing shooter who wasn't ba liability on defense. No e of which seems accurate.
    Branahm has had good games too. I don't know.. that's who comes to mind when I think of Branahm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham's ceiling is Rudy Gay. He passes and plays defense with as much effort and intelligence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Crofl if true. S-tier beta male tendencies.
    Weak sauce by Bran, but this guy Quan is one of the worst, toxic Twitter fans you can possibly follow. It's like if the trolls from the Politics forum posted the same way in the main forum. Or, like ducks with grammar.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branahm has had good games too. I don't know.. that's who comes to mind when I think of Branahm.
    Can't have many when he's letting opposing guards shoot Prime Shaq levels of FG percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need 3 and D. Branham gives turnovers and missed assignments.

He clearly buys into the coaching and changes what he does, but it is brutal watching a guy making the same mistakes over and over again. He is really struggling to put it together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham's ceiling is Rudy Gay. He passes and plays defense with as much effort and intelligence.
    Gay was a great athlete

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for as much as i dislike him as a player, he has improved a lot like many others.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for as much as i dislike him as a player, he has improved a lot like many others.
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay was a great athlete
    Above average leaper and a decent runner, but Gay was high cut and not very quick. That wasn't his issue as much as attention to detail and effort of defense.

Branham is an above average athlete in his own right.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay was a great athlete
    Gay was 6'8" with a 7'3" wingspan and an iso monster, huge disparity between him and Branham physically that dramatically affects their margin of error to succeed in the league. Branham gives up like 3 inches in height and 5 on wingspan to Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Above average leaper and a decent runner, but Gay was high cut and not very quick. That wasn't his issue as much as attention to detail and effort of defense.

Branham is an above average athlete in his own right.
    Gay was more athletic than Branham by several orders of magnitude. There is no comparison. Maybe you are thinking of Gay on the spurs

Even he was a better athlete than branham

Malaki is a below average athlete for the sg position

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I view Darko M. and Luka Samanic both as coaching and scouting failures. Both of them had the athletic potential and some talent. Both of them grew up playing against sub-par talent that they could dominate without having to put in work outside of the games. This they found themselves when drafted in a spot where when they did the math were set for life in their home country financially and could go back and get a contract or two to be a pretty big fish in a small pond without a lot of work to launch with publicity whatever passion project they wanted. For guys who viewed basketball as oh it's fun and because I am good at it, this can be my ticket to a comfortable spot, once you have the ticket why go further?
    Samanic was definitely a scouting failure but an obvious one.

People thought he'd be a stretch 4, without caring that he had never been able to make threes at any level in his whole life except one tiny tournament cup sample

I remember people in here making excuses for that, saying that his bad shooting in Europe was because he was going against grown men who were bigger and stronger than him. Of course, I brought up how he still shot bricked garbage in the Spanish B division against kids his own age and size, but that was conveniently ignored.

And sure enough, all these years later with all this coaching, he still can't shoot.

Don't know if he's played any g-league this season because bball ref seems behind on the gleague stuff, but he's a career 31.4% in 398 attempts, his best year being last season at 33%. NBA is even worse, 102 career attempts at 27.5%

This year in Utah he's 5-20 and a smooth 25%. And it's not like his form was so smooth that he could reasonably be forcasted to eventually shoot well like Beal going from college to the pros.

Zach Collins is a better, more reliable three point shooter than Samanic, that's how bad Samanic is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah players in the late lottery tend to bust, sometimes it's a primo, but most often it's their not good enough and that's not unusual, or a sign of poor drafting. I t is what it is,
    Branham was late first, not late lottery. Late lottery is like 11-14. He was 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay was more athletic than Branham by several orders of magnitude. There is no comparison. Maybe you are thinking of Gay on the spurs

Even he was a better athlete than branham

Malaki is a below average athlete for the sg position
    When he was here, he as a slug, nonetheless, he only had better length and hops but he was not particularly quick even in Memphis. And I am sure those Grizzlies teams were must watch for you making you the expert.

His game was the mid range because he lacked to the quickness to consistently get to the rim despite his length.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay was 6'8" with a 7'3" wingspan and an iso monster, huge disparity between him and Branham physically that dramatically affects their margin of error to succeed in the league. Branham gives up like 3 inches in height and 5 on wingspan to Gay.
    Gay as a mid range jump shooter who used his length and size to shoot over people. He was much more apt to post up than slash.

Iso monster. He was great at what even back then was a marginally effective shot. Memphis dumped him and famously went the other way with Durant, Harden, and Westbrook.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems that teams are kinda of figuring out Victor on the defensive end. or maybe victor is just tired and less explosive. but teams are successfully driving at the rim more often lately even with Victor patrolling in the paint
    Teams are putting him in the pick and roll everytime down the court to pull him away from the basket. They're either getting wide open 3s because he sags off and falls back into the lane or he's super aggressive and falls for the pump fake. Because of his length and agility, he's still able to make up ground and still recover or get a few blocks sometimes. As good as he's been, I still think we need a big PF who can guard the bigger Centers to help take some of the pressure off of Vic.

I also think he let's some blockable shots go to stay out of foul trouble or he's fatigued.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he was here, he as a slug, nonetheless, he only had better length and hops but he was not particularly quick even in Memphis. And I am sure those Grizzlies teams were must watch for you making you the expert.

His game was the mid range because he lacked to the quickness to consistently get to the rim despite his length.
    You should have just said “yes i was talking about spurs rudy gay” instead of making progressively worse arguments like “grr you probably never even watched him play”

and today i learned that Michael Jordan lived in the midrange because he lacked the athletic ability to get to the rim

im not defending gay’s play style, efficiency, or effort. But invoking him as an athlete in the same class as branham is lunacy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of truly, abysmally stupid people on this board (what else is new). Branham needs a step back and to work on specific things. I could see a walk back to G-League. He's clearly an NBA player who needs development and y'all gonna be sucking your thumbs before long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of truly, abysmally stupid people on this board (what else is new). Branham needs a step back and to work on specific things. I could see a walk back to G-League. He's clearly an NBA player who needs development and y'all gonna be sucking your thumbs before long.
    he does need to work on specific things. Like shooting, dribbling, passing, vision, defensive effort, defensive iq, positioning.

he’s good everywhere else though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason, I saw a bunch of Memphis games in person when Gay was a Grizzly. He routinely schooled Kawhi. Gay could get any shot he wanted over a defensive beast.
    I think that's part of the reason the Spurs got him. Branham is nowhere near that on his best day.

Branham has a LOT to overcome to stick in this league. His defense will never be decent, and, his offensive skills need improvement and he needs to get better at knowing what is going on. I feel for him, honestly.
    He's floundering, but, has time to grow. Spurs will keep him for another year before they punt. Seems like a very personable kid. Seems like he needs to dig a little deeper. Some of us have that gear and some don't.

Again, I hope he carves out a place in the league.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham needs to regroup and self assess. Sadly, spraying some of Manu's pixie dust on him is not going to be enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham needs G league time with some intense coaching about what he needs to do and how to do it. The NBA level of play is too much for him at the moment, mostly mentally. There are certainly worse athletes in the league.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He liked mid range in Sacramento when he was regularly beating guys off the dribble. Gay was always a guy who really needed to be a number 2 option on a very good team before he started to decline. He didn't really get sharing the ball as a number 1 while he was in Sacramento and with Memphis, Those were good teams that mostly didn't have the right coach and luck. Also for the first couple of years both gasol and gay were to young. Not sure really why gay never bought into the defense mentality of that team.

Thread Information