Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd round pick from the Spurs means #60 pick at this point. why should even a pretty dumb GM like Wallace do this?
    Young is still providing roster depth on low cost for the Grizzlies.
    they will ask for the 1st rounder. (which is btw. going to be pretty low anyhow and the 2011 draft is looking pretty bad.)

but I don't see them do a trade with Young right now. reportedly they are shopping Thabeet and there might even be some talks involving Mayo. they will wait to trade players like Young, because they might need them as filler/teaser in a bigger scenario, or a trade could also free some PT for those players. (talking also about Carroll, Vasquez, Arthur etc.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young got another DNP, after playing one good (Rockets) and one decent game (Spurs) in the games before. really no idea what plan Hollins follows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should ask for him. Worse then Udoka he isnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can ask all they want. The spurs have a very little to offer this season in trades and with the team playing well, I do not see the spurs doing much of anything. With that said, its always fun to talk trades.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs still have played 22 games without Anderson. If, for example, he comes back on January 19th, Spurs only have 12 games left without him. It's now a little pointless to do a trade for an Anderson stopgap. And when Anderson will be back, I rather gave the backup SF minutes to him than to Young and Neal also deserves to play so there won't be available minutes for Young.

All in all, I don't really see the interest of a trade for Young unless Anderson has a setback in his rehab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs still have played 22 games without anderson. If, for example, he comes back on january 19th, spurs only have 12 games left without him. It's now a little pointless to do a trade for an anderson stopgap. And when anderson will be back, i rather gave the backup sf minutes to him than to young and neal also deserves to play so there won't be available minutes for young.

All in all, i don't really see the interest of a trade for young unless anderson has a setback in his rehab.
    +1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree.

The team's depth is plenty strong on the wing to add someone of Young's caliber, I'm perfectly content to go with Anderson and Neal; and I also believe it's the Spurs' best bet for this year.

Sans Martell Webster, Ariza, Pietrus, Afflalo or any other unlikely trade candidate, the Spurs aren't going to do any better. That's my belief, at least . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree.

The team's depth is plenty strong on the wing to add someone of Young's caliber, I'm perfectly content to go with Anderson and Neal; and I also believe it's the Spurs' best bet for this year.

Sans Martell Webster, Ariza, Pietrus, Afflalo or any other unlikely trade candidate, the Spurs aren't going to do any better. That's my belief, at least . . .
    +1

You and Bruno have it pegged. Unless his rehab is delayed, we're already through the majority of his outage time. Why trade now? Barring of course another injury to a different wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to disagree friends.
    building some depth can't be a bad thing. not at any price of course.
    but if the price for a player like Young was low, I can't see a reason why not do it. remember, Spurs play currently Udoka. any team that needs to play Udoka can use an upgrade at wing depth. we also can't know what Anderson will deliver, if he is back in time. hopefully he will go on where he started in the first 7 games, but who knows. he is still a rookie. in other words, I would feel better about this team, if we can get a little more depth at the wing. (Young is just one name, but the Spurs liked him in the 2009 draft, so there is some reason to mention him). if we can trade for Young at a low price, I also don't see a problem, if Anderson comes back, takes back the minutes and Young is our insurance. it wouldn't be the first time that a team needs to compensate for more than one major injury. as long as it doesn't cost a boatload of money to be prepared, it's better to be prepared.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My men, Sam Young , played good game vs Mavs. Starting, got 9 pts, 4 bs. Maybe Memphis just realized what a player they got. I really think he is worth 1st round pick.

Cocaine's a helluva drug timtonymanurich's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you, Yoda.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now coming, when he had better game... Where were you when he was sitting as 11th Grizzli in rotation ?

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I wonder if you could write as well in Mal's primary language. It isn't English, and sometimes other languages put their nouns and verbs in different order.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My men, Sam Young , played good game vs Mavs. Starting, got 9 pts, 4 bs. Maybe Memphis just realized what a player they got. I really think he is worth 1st round pick.
    Agreed...had season tickets to Pitt his last 2 seasons and he was a joy to watch.

Thread Information