Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a Kobe apologist never denied that ... but I just dont argue For Kobe anymore. Duncan has passed him so what is the point ? So know what Im going to argue for him over Manu or Pau? That doesnt really make any sense anymore either. only haters and dumbasses on here make that argument. And I wont convince any of them ... And tbh my team sucks so bad defending Kobe's legacy on here is the LEAST of my concerns ...
    That's fair enough if that's how you see it. I don't think the Manu or Pau arguments are without merit though. Yes, Kobe has "better" individual numbers; but his leadership and his quality as a teammate are very much in question. I'll say that from 07-09, Kobe was a top three player. And Kobe played the Scottie Pippen role with Shaq about as well as anyone. But you can see why people make their arguments so strongly when the converse is his fans making arguments for Kobe being GOAT.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq is better than Bird, your regular season MVPs.
    Only idiots count by MVPs, which are media driven awards anyways. I don't know how many MVPs Shaq has; but he is no Bird. Shaq was a beast like never seen before or since; but he was no Bird. That's not even a comparison for me, tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Only idiots count by MVPs, which are media driven awards anyways. I don't know how many MVPs Shaq has; but he is no Bird. Shaq was a beast like never seen before or since; but he was no Bird. That's not even a comparison for me, tbh.
    The reason being.................

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    First of all, "Ether" is as witty as an angry letter penned by a 14 yr old girl. Second, Nas lost & signed up for Jay to be his boss. In any case, Kobe is the one that's throwing fits during practice b/c he's an insecure . "fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan" is a perfect description of KobeStans who are more made than the BeyHive/Beliebers. Grown men in love w/ a millionaire who doesn't even give a about his parents but are willing to defend his honor: Meet me in Temecula

I just love getting a rise out -riders who can't handle the truth. Motha as up in here posting w/ their emotions
    The takeover was good so was ether ...super ugly was wack plus H, O, V, A i got my mojo back ...baby oh behave. Sorry that was corny.
    Say what you want about Ether ...but he used Stan as a diss better than anyone and the eminem murdered you on your own has been often imitated.
    Career wise Jay won no doubt and he has the better overall catalogue. But peak 2 peak illmatic smashes the best of Jay though for me its not close. But Jay has 3 or 4 clasdics Nas only truly has one ...but its a top 5 goat album.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol MVPs ..preach. mvp has nothing to do with why Duncan surpassed Kobe.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    lmemulatedao!!!
    3rd 4th

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How is Dale still alive in the year 2015?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The takeover was good so was ether ...super ugly was wack plus H, O, V, A i got my mojo back ...baby oh behave. Sorry that was corny.
    Say what you want about Ether ...but he used Stan as a diss better than anyone and the eminem murdered you on your own has been often imitated.
    Career wise Jay won no doubt and he has the better overall catalogue. But peak 2 peak illmatic smashes the best of Jay though for me its not close. But Jay has 3 or 4 clasdics Nas only truly has one ...but its a top 5 goat album.
    I'm not a Jay stan & I do agree that Illmatic is classic so I have no dogs in the fight. The beef was fun while it lasted but Ether is the most over hyped diss track ever. The 2nd & 3rd verse from Takeover ended two different careers : Nas/Mobb Deep b/c Jay spewed their dirty laundry to the masses ala No Vaseline.

Nas simply stated the obvious in Ether talking about made stuff such as another man's "fat lips" or using corny vocab such as "Gay-Z and afella". The lyrics are straight out of an online troll's lexicon

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Low-key, Supa Ugly was better than Ether. It was so savage that Jay-Z's mother shamed him into apologizing to Nas.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol MVPs ..preach. mvp has nothing to do with why Duncan surpassed Kobe.
    Neither of them are that high on MVPs, tbh. Kobe is at zero MVPs anyhow as far as I'm concerned. They gave him his lifetime achievement award in 08; but KG was easily the MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not a Jay stan & I do agree that Illmatic is classic so I have no dogs in the fight. The beef was fun while it lasted but Ether is the most over hyped diss track ever. The 2nd & 3rd verse from Takeover ended two different careers : Nas/Mobb Deep b/c Jay spewed their dirty laundry to the masses ala No Vaseline.

Nas simply stated the obvious in Ether talking about made stuff such as another man's "fat lips" or using corny vocab such as "Gay-Z and afella". The lyrics are straight out of an online troll's lexicon
    True, but that is also why Ether is a classic. trolls still bitin' his all these years later.
    Takeover was the best of that lot because it was bot subliminal but it also had some subtleness to it. Super Ugly was Jay going ether style which doesn't fit him ...cant deny Jay won his beefs commercially in the streets some argue Nas won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He WASN'T "clutch" during the PEAK of prime either (see: 2002-09), he just took a bunch of shots thus hit a couple of game winners:

Him being clutch comes from those highlight games where he played against Portland and hit some wild shots to bring it to OT and win the game, that and a few other games like the Heat game he won with a wild long shot. Those highlights there stuck in minds because the shots were so incredible that it made people believe the misconception he is clutch. He has hit some great shots at the end of games but it's not a high % and rare. I had to laugh on ESPN message boards one time because someone said Kobe is clutch in there, I said no really he is not at all. HOF player and top whatever of all times but you can't look at his % in the 4th Q of games or the playoffs and say he is actually clutch because he is not.

No Kobe fan can argue that fact, show them the stats and it's just silence and they know it. When they compare him to Mike etc., I just bring up finals stats and that one, it usually wins the argument.

Tim on the other hand ironically for a big man has hit a good amount of game winning shots or game tying shots late in the game, rare for a big man but dude is very clutch and I would actually like to see his stats in the last minute or so in that situation because I can remember quite a few of them. I remember he beat LA in 99 with some hook shot in the playoffs, remember him burying a shot against Dallas in 01 from the top of the key and the Phoenix game as well where he hit the three. He also beat Utah on a last second shot and Cleveland one year on one as well, he has hit quite a few.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Him being clutch comes from those highlight games where he played against Portland and hit some wild shots to bring it to OT and win the game, that and a few other games like the Heat game he won with a wild long shot. Those highlights there stuck in minds because the shots were so incredible that it made people believe the misconception he is clutch. He has hit some great shots at the end of games but it's not a high % and rare. I had to laugh on ESPN message boards one time because someone said Kobe is clutch in there, I said no really he is not at all. HOF player and top whatever of all times but you can't look at his % in the 4th Q of games or the playoffs and say he is actually clutch because he is not.

No Kobe fan can argue that fact, show them the stats and it's just silence and they know it. When they compare him to Mike etc., I just bring up finals stats and that one, it usually wins the argument.

Tim on the other hand ironically for a big man has hit a good amount of game winning shots or game tying shots late in the game, rare for a big man but dude is very clutch and I would actually like to see his stats in the last minute or so in that situation because I can remember quite a few of them. I remember he beat LA in 99 with some hook shot in the playoffs, remember him burying a shot against Dallas in 01 from the top of the key and the Phoenix game as well where he hit the three. He also beat Utah on a last second shot and Cleveland one year on one as well, he has hit quite a few.
    Billups was the most clutch player during Kobe's prime.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Billups was the most clutch player during Kobe's prime.
    Kobe: 5

Billups: 1

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Head-to-head:
    Billups: 1, Kobe: 0:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Head-to-head:
    Billups: 1, Kobe: 0:

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Kobe: 38%
    Billups: 50%

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe: 38%
    Billups: 50%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryant is watching the clock, getting ready to clock out for the season.

Baxter HolmesESPN Staff Writer

After sitting out two games with a sore back, Kobe Bryant will play tonight against the Mavericks in Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    Mi negro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team