Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is crazy cause he made the decision to leave the first time and was clearly washed the second. I loved SJax and his game, but his constant crying and alleged indiscretion has really sored me to him over the years.
    He's delusional he won't stop trashing people until they fight back. The fight between him and Kwame Brown on YouTube showed how he won't back down until he's completely humiliated. Kwame trashed him badly every day for 7-9 months and Jax kept coming back for more until it was clear after several months, he was not going to win in an insult war with Kwame. He ended up apologizing to Kwame not because he wanted to but because he wanted Kwame to stop humiliating him. That showed to me this man is profoundly stupid and won't stop until he gets humiliated a bunch of times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson can suck my balls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol but you yellow or brown. Educate us on light skinned dudes. Pls.
    At constantly fishing for personal information and continuously guessing incorrectly.

Let's just say I'm almost certainly far more qualified to speak on these issues than you and I don't advocate almost all of what I say on them. I'm just stating the reality of the situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the culture only works when you have three superstars that fall in line and tbh international, I don’t wanna turn it into a race issue but pop has never connected with black urban players, elephant in the room
    except all of DJ, jax, leonard had very good relationships with him, stephen jackson especially, as talented as he was dude was about to go back to the venezuelan league if pop, tim and david didnt teach him to be a pro. he clearly built up leonard and DJ as well. Did he also have a lot of friction with a lot of players, yes, and do some people have a harder time accepting a reduced role, definitely, but Im not really seeing why its an issue with black "urban" players. I dont remember the same kind of relationship with derozan, but even when he recently complained about his time here I dont recall anything about pop, and of course pop always showered him with praise while he was here.

Every player that goes to a stacked team has his numbers go down. Love in cleveland, bosh in miami, wade in miami even his numbers were much less than when he was a first round exit franchise player, the celtics big 3, i havent looked at GS numbers with and without KD but i suspect all of curry/klay/kd had their numbers go down... its inevitable

and jax is insanely bitter, he hurt the team with his antics if he was half as good as he thought he was the team would have won a championship that year, it wasnt pop holding him back on the clippers and bucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He bet on himself and got a 6yr 40mm contract after that 1yr deal. Everyone has different risk tolerances.
    just from nba manu earned 60M more, almost double jackson, despite being underpaid a long time.. if you consider them comparable players, it seems sacrificing for the long run is a better bet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just from nba manu earned 60M more, almost double jackson, despite being underpaid a long time.. if you consider them comparable players, it seems sacrificing for the long run is a better bet
    Manu was a better player who played longer; of course he earned more. Every situation is different so this is a stupid debate regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gives Jack cover with that ridiculous story about him thinking he was better than Manu and Green, when in fact he was ing Amy Duncan. Jack still trashes Pop. He’s a loser at life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gives Jack cover with that ridiculous story about him thinking he was better than Manu and Green, when in fact he was ing Amy Duncan. Jack still trashes Pop. He’s a loser at life.
    I would say Pop does it protect Tim. I get the feeling Tim wouldn't want the public to know about his ex-wife screwing around with Jax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Pop does it protect Tim. I get the feeling Tim wouldn't want the public to know about his ex-wife screwing around with Jax.
    Yeah, but a secondary effect was covering Jacks ass. He doesn’t have to be positive on the Spurs, but trashing Pop just makes himself trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but a secondary effect was covering Jacks ass. He doesn’t have to be positive on the Spurs, but trashing Pop just makes himself trash.
    I agree with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Tim liked and spoke highly of Stephen Jackson and we’ve heard Jackson show Tim a love on a consistent basis till this day. Where is this rumor of him messing with Tim’s ex wife coming from? If this was true I would imagine Stephen wouldn’t talk so highly about Tim and would maybe take the Horry route and always take little shots at him

Jackson doesn’t seem like the type to not try and be slick if something like that really happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Tim liked and spoke highly of Stephen Jackson and we’ve heard Jackson show Tim a love on a consistent basis till this day. Where is this rumor of him messing with Tim’s ex wife coming from? If this was true I would imagine Stephen wouldn’t talk so highly about Tim and would maybe take the Horry route and always take little shots at him

Jackson doesn’t seem like the type to not try and be slick if something like that really happened
    Tim talked highly of him his first stint here in 2003. Never heard muchhis second time around. As to Jack speaking highly of Tim, enough time has passed that I think if he didn’t, Tim might be tempted to throw him under the bus, and not be embarrassed any longer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I heard that rumour about him with Amy, but if true, why would Jack keep talking highly of TD all the time? Was TD and his wife split up at that point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I heard that rumour about him with Amy, but if true, why would Jack keep talking highly of TD all the time? Was TD and his wife split up at that point?
    He’s placating Tim, not wanting to be underbussed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use to love Stak5... He's a wanna be hard old fool now. I just stopped anything surrounding this fool when he so called went to check-in in Chiraq...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His day came and went. He felt he was better than the TP/Manu. He was never to there level. He wasn't wanted by anyone when he returned to the Spurs. He didn't really pan out anywhere else later. He didn't have the personality to accept he was a lesser player. Much like Russ is dealing with now.

He's a bitter player who has a bigger platform to share his resentful opinion now that he was forced into retirement.

TP/Manu/Tim will always be remembered as the Spurs big 3 with multiple championships. He'll be remembered for mall-ace in the palace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack was and still is one of my favorite Spurs and he would've been a Hall of Famer if he stayed in the system. Unfortunately, he's his own worst enemy. When he came back in (2012 I think) he said he should've never left. After he was cut and signed by the Clippers he again admitted he was wrong and cost himself a championship. Leave him and Becky with the good hair alone lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim married it ho. It happens to the best of us. Not Timmy’s fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs system holds players games back , do y’all agree I kinda do, I’m tired of this system no one will ever want to come here.
    examples
    dj
    kawhi
    jack himself
    derozan

45:50 mark

he also implies Tony and manu couldn’t lead their own team to the playoffs if they had the chance
    This dumbass can't even keep it consistent within the same topic. He says the Spurs' system holds players back but at the same time says that Manu and Tony couldn't have lead teams to the playoffs. Too re ed to realize it's one or the other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s pretty amazing that a middling if not largely mediocre player for the totality of his career has stayed relevant all this time. I’m sure there is a critique of the culture somewhere in there, but kudos to the guy for maximizing his earning potential all this time ty takes aside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack was and still is one of my favorite Spurs and he would've been a Hall of Famer if he stayed in the system. Unfortunately, he's his own worst enemy. When he came back in (2012 I think) he said he should've never left. After he was cut and signed by the Clippers he again admitted he was wrong and cost himself a championship. Leave him and Becky with the good hair alone lol
    There is no sliver of the multiverse where Jack is ever a HoF player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s pretty amazing that a middling if not largely mediocre player for the totality of his career has stayed relevant all this time. I’m sure there is a critique of the culture somewhere in there, but kudos to the guy for maximizing his earning potential all this time ty takes aside.
    Mediocre players/role players like to run their mouths. See: Perkins, Kendrick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should not talk about Kenny Smith that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why does anyone think Sjax know anything about basketball that's worth putting any stock into?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid players with mid takes. They need the money, so they provide the bull and drama that the networks demand.

Thread Information