Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we all are broski
    Meh. Call travels, bring back handchecks and perimeter defense, and get rid of "superstar" calls then maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they trade for AG the 9 will have to be involved
    Not if Poeltl is in the deal. It’s not like OG is an all Star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather see the Spurs get a 4 that can get some weak-side blocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall are sleeping on Zach Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if Brogdon is a net positive or negative but I could see us being interested in him to put beside DJ and there being a swap of 6 and 9...not sure what the rest of that would look like..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brogden seems like a Spurs type of player. Still 3 years for 66M is a tough pill to swallow. I can’t see them taking that on for another guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brogden seems like a Spurs type of player. Still 3 years for 66M is a tough pill to swallow. I can’t see them taking that on for another guard.
    $22M a year is basically Doug + Richardson... if send them out we still have enough room (or are close enough to make room) for a max player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, two players I've always wanted on the Spurs. Not sure how valuable they are now, though.

Brogdon and Turner, for Poeltl, McDermott and Richardson works. But who needs to add assets on that trade? One might think the Spurs, but the NBA trade machine says that the Spurs lose 10 W's and the Pacers gain 10 with this trade.

However, I might be willing to give up 25 in said scenario. If Brogdon and Turner can stay healthy and produce like they can, we would be adding two talented young players that fit the timeline.

Murray, Brogdon, Vassell, KJ, Turner

Jones, Primo, Walker, KBD/Landale, Collins

And whomever we draft with 9 and 20. Mathurin, Keegan, Sochan, Duren, Williams, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, two players I've always wanted on the Spurs. Not sure how valuable they are now, though.

Brogdon and Turner, for Poeltl, McDermott and Richardson works. But who needs to add assets on that trade? One might think the Spurs, but the NBA trade machine says that the Spurs lose 10 W's and the Pacers gain 10 with this trade.

However, I might be willing to give up 25 in said scenario. If Brogdon and Turner can stay healthy and produce like they can, we would be adding two talented young players that fit the timeline.

And whomever we draft with 9 and 20. Mathurin, Keegan, Sochan, Duren, Williams, etc.
    TradeNBA has it at 1 net loss for us and 1 net gain for them.

I'm not a fan of Turner because of his foot issues but if we could swap 6 for 9 and add a Mathurin or Keegan I'd be all over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that doesn't make sense. What does a rebuilding team like the Pacers gain by trading for Poeltl, J-Rich and McDermott? They could flip the first 2 for more assets at the deadline, but that's about it. If that deal went down I'd immediately make it a 3 team trade and move Brogdon to Atlanta for John Collins. The Hawks will take that deal in a heartbeat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that doesn't make sense. What does a rebuilding team like the Pacers gain by trading for Poeltl, J-Rich and McDermott? They could flip the first 2 for more assets at the deadline, but that's about it. If that deal went down I'd immediately make it a 3 team trade and move Brogdon to Atlanta for John Collins. The Hawks will take that deal in a heartbeat
    Here at Spurstalk we build 1 way hypothetical trades.

I don’t think Myles is going anywhere. He is in play but only for the right deal. Not our junk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the best the Pacers could realistically get for Brogdon and Turner? A first rounder + filler for each? It is not too different from what they would be getting from the Spurs. If anything, the Spurs return might be a little better: a first rounder, Poeltl who can easily be transformed into another first, and Richardson, who, if keeps playing well, might net them a first too.

The only "bad" return is McDermott, but he is needed to make the salaries work. You can always cut him, or even see if anyone is willing to give up a second for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see a three way trade with Spurs, Pacers, Raptors where basically Indy gets OG, Josh Richardson, Spurs get Brogden and #6, Raptors get Turner and #9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are resetting the clock on their rebuild. Going nowhere with current crew, selling off their best assets. Turner likely tempers down any potential Jakob suitors.

I think Indiana wants draft assets in that case, so trading McDermott Richardson and surplus isn't going to be interesting for Indiana without a pick, depending on what the Spurs send back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the best the Pacers could realistically get for Brogdon and Turner? A first rounder + filler for each? It is not too different from what they would be getting from the Spurs. If anything, the Spurs return might be a little better: a first rounder, Poeltl who can easily be transformed into another first, and Richardson, who, if keeps playing well, might net them a first too.

The only "bad" return is McDermott, but he is needed to make the salaries work. You can always cut him, or even see if anyone is willing to give up a second for him.
    depends on what they want. Hornets, Wizards, Blazers, Hawks and Raptors should be interested as well as Utah, Dallas and Phoenix. If the Pacers do it I'd be all for it. Would still try to flip Brogdon for John Collins though. 3 or 4 team trade between Pacers, Spurs, Hawks and Raptors makes the most sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t need……sign smith as a free agent

Thread Information