Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, how can you have Bonner in the playoff rotation? If we had those players how would you have the rotation? What is your personal opinion of Bonner, Bruno?
    I'm not saying that what I want but I'm saying that what Pop will do. It's obvious that he likes more Bonner than Blair. In the last playoffs Blair was the one getting benched and this year Blair almost never plays in the 4th quarter aside garbage time. It's obvious too that he doesn't like pairing Duncan and Splitter. For the playoffs and if Spurs get Diaw, Pop will basically split the minutes at C between Duncan and Splitter. The PF spot will be split between Diaw, Bonner and small ball.

My personal opinion is that, in the playoffs, Duncan and Splitter should play as much as possible. They should be paired at the end of the games. If Spurs can get Diaw, he should get a lot of the remaining minutes. The few last minutes (maybe 10mpg) should go to Bonner but if he start shaking, Blair or small ball should get these minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bruno.

You know exactly what you're doing and what should be done. Agree with you about Splitter, and if Pop doesn't do that I'd be willing to go along with his alternative.

So what do you think about the chances are of Diaw being bought out? I tried doing a little searching on Diaw yesterday, but didn't come up with much on the buyout front.

Also, those of you mentioning that Jordan doesn't want to buyout Diaw because he might sign with the Spurs, why wouldn't he? If he doesn't buy Diaw out then there is a bigger chance the Lakers win the west and Kobe has a shot at a 6th ring. If I was Jordan I'd much rather the Spurs win the West than the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying that what I want but I'm saying that what Pop will do. It's obvious that he likes more Bonner than Blair. In the last playoffs Blair was the one getting benched and this year Blair almost never plays in the 4th quarter aside garbage time. It's obvious too that he doesn't like pairing Duncan and Splitter. For the playoffs and if Spurs get Diaw, Pop will basically split the minutes at C between Duncan and Splitter. The PF spot will be split between Diaw, Bonner and small ball.

My personal opinion is that, in the playoffs, Duncan and Splitter should play as much as possible. They should be paired at the end of the games. If Spurs can get Diaw, he should get a lot of the remaining minutes. The few last minutes (maybe 10mpg) should go to Bonner but if he start shaking, Blair or small ball should get these minutes.
    Not a chance. Duncan's minutes will rise to around mid 30's in the playoffs. Splitter's minutes will be dependent on the match-up and how Blair/Bonner or, if they sign Diaw, Diaw/Bonner, play.

For example, if the playoffs started today, they'd get the Nuggets. In which case, Splitter would be used sparingly. With Nene traded, the only offensive threat they have at the big positions is Harrington, who's a stretch four. With Chandler re-signed, they'll probably play Gallinari more at the four now, but that would only further diminish the chance of Splitter playing significant minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is the deadline for a player to be bought out, signed, and be elligible for the playoffs?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said a while ago that I think Turiaf is the better fit, because he'd allow Splitter to start, he can defend both big positions and he can protect the rim. There's no question Diaw is the more talented player, but he's not talented enough to where that should supersede fit.
    Pop is not starting Splitter beside Duncan. If that hasn't become obvious by now then I don't know what to tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you think about the chances are of Diaw being bought out? I tried doing a little searching on Diaw yesterday, but didn't come up with much on the buyout front.
    Diaw will likely be bought out. Both sides want a lockout and it's a matter on how much money Diaw will give up in the process.

Something weird happened with Diaw yesterday. Silas told medias just before the game that Diaw will be activated but he finally didn't. So, either Silas didn't talk to Diaw before talking to the medias and Diaw turned down being activated so close to the start of the game, or someone in the front office refused to see Diaw activated likely to avoid a potential injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is the deadline for a player to be bought out, signed, and be elligible for the playoffs?
    The deadline is Friday and, once waived, the player will stay 2 working days on the waivers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is not starting Splitter beside Duncan. If that hasn't become obvious by now then I don't know what to tell you.
    I realize that, but at least with Turiaf, that option would be at his disposal, without worrying about having zero rim protection off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Diaw is a gamble to me, he could be a very solid player in the Spurs system or he could be a PF version of RJ.

With Turiaf you know what you're getting, a pretty good shot blocker that can protect the rim, a guy who hustles, a physical player that does a lot of dirty work and a big body to make it more difficult for big guys to post up on.

Getting one of them would be better than nothing though, the Spurs' front line needs some help bad because Bonner and Blair aren't going to cut it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever comes in, whether it be Turiaf or Diaw I just want to get minutes. I feel that Diaw will have a much better chance at getting consistent minutes under Pop and taking minutes away from Blair/Bonner. Therefore I would rather have him. If you could tell me that Turiaf would come in and all of a sudden Pop loves playing Tiago/TD and Turiaf together than I'm all for it. Unfortunately, I just don't see that happening.

So just give me the big that Pop prefers because at the end of the day both are better than Blair starting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring on Turiaf! Defense is what this team needs.

Hey Diaw, fuk yo betta offensive game, clown!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you watch any games against Dallas, he's taller than JKidd who's listed at 6'4" and always has been.
    I've stood right next to Parker. I know how tall he is.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I've stood right next to Parker. I know how tall he is.
    Dude, people constantly mis-estimate other people's height in relation to their own. It's because you can't see the top of YOUR head in relation to the top of his. You're looking at the top of his head and guessing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can bet if the Spurs don't make any real attempt at signing Turiaf this week, Diaw's in already in their back pocket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring on Turiaf! Defense is what this team needs.

Hey Diaw, fuk yo betta offensive game, clown!
    Idk about Diaw but I'd rather Turiaf! Rebounds an shot blocks is what we need! Nuttin against Blair Chen he does bring energy an pass very well but he's not a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk about Diaw but I'd rather Turiaf! Rebounds an shot blocks is what we need! Nuttin against Blair Chen he does bring energy an pass very well but he's not a starter.
    Except Turiaf isn't a prolific rebounder by any respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Turiaf isn't a prolific rebounder by any respect.
    Well a big body in the paint so Timmy can rest! Idk if people realize. Timmy bang with alotta bigs. He's starting to wear down. Meanwhile the opposing team have 5 bigs that get rest(see the clippers, mavs, etc) an can still maintain a lead. We need height at C or pf! We don't need scoring. Putbacks or stopping the opposing team is what we need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well a big body in the paint so Timmy can rest! Idk if people realize. Timmy bang with alotta bigs. He's starting to wear down. Meanwhile the opposing team have 5 bigs that get rest(see the clippers, mavs, etc) an can still maintain a lead. We need height at C or pf! We don't need scoring. Putbacks or stopping the opposing team is what we need.
    When Timmy rests we have Tiago playing. Hes 7'0 and has done all of those things.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    When Timmy rests we have Tiago playing. Hes 7'0 and has done all of those things.
    And when someone asks why they aren't playing together, refer them to this post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And when someone asks why they aren't playing together, refer them to this post.
    When i see Bonner get beat for a rebound so ez, an Blair try to just bulldoz over people for a rebound an get a foul. I just get so in mad at Pop but then I realize they can't play together cuz of height of the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a saying "you can't teach height".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher and this guy - both have great heart and this one even had surgery around his and both played very well together and will not wilt under pressure. Bring em both!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me the size, shotblocking and defense. Spurs have more than enough perimeter scoring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me the size, shotblocking and defense. Spurs have more than enough perimeter scoring.
    But Diaw can pass and he's even played point guard before. I heard he even makes a mean creme brulee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turiaf please. We could use his physical interior play.

Thread Information