Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How did he get on the no fly list? He flew there just fine. Did who ever wanted to detain him arrange for his name on the list if it is there?
    Does the government share its reasons why someone is on the watch list? I doubt it.

As for whoever detaining him putting on the no-fly list... do you think the government will ever give out that info either?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forget...

Is he still detained or not? If he is being detained still, how will he get back?

How did he get on the no fly list? He flew there just fine. Did who ever wanted to detain him arrange for his name on the list if it is there?
    It's not that complicated really. He went to renew his Kuwait visa and was detained and interrogated. Kuwait decided they want to deport him back to the US. As such he's going to be detained until either he's deported or they change their mind. The US claims that he cannot be deported because he's been added to a no-fly list (obviously, that has happened at some point recently).

He can't walk freely to a harbor and board a ship. He cannot be deported because the US is barring him entry. He's effectively imprisoned until the US removes him from the no-fly list or Kuwait decides to grant him a visa and release him.

Let's not forget for a moment here that Kuwait, as Greenwald points out, is basically a country that does whatever the US tells them to do.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It's not that complicated really. He went to renew his Kuwait visa and was detained and interrogated. Kuwait decided they want to deport him back to the US. As such he's going to be detained until either he's deported or they change their mind. The US claims that he cannot be deported because he's been added to a no-fly list (obviously, that has happened at some point recently).

He can't walk freely to a harbor and board a ship. He cannot be deported because the US is barring him entry. He's effectively imprisoned until the US removes him from the no-fly list or Kuwait decides to grant him a visa and release him.

Let's not forget for a moment here that Kuwait, as Greenwald points out, is basically a country that does whatever the US tells them to do.
    Doesn't it sound odd to you that it's the FBI, in Kuwait, that is talking to as US officials? Looks like someone is posing as FBI to me.

Don't you see... the story doesn't add up. Also, I only found two reporters who interviewed him. Not six.

link please.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Also...

If he isn't free to go to the harbor, it's the Kuwaitis not allowing him to travel. Not the USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't it sound odd to you that it's the FBI, in Kuwait, that is talking to as US officials? Looks like someone is posing as FBI to me.
    First of all, the FBI was talking with the kid.
    Second of all, are you even aware that the FBI has offices on every embassy?
    Both the kid's lawyer and the reporters contacted the DOJ for comments. How long do you think it takes for the FBI to deny it was them asking the questions?

That you think it's more plausible that people are impersonating US officials in a country basically under US control is hilarious, if it wouldn't be so sad.

Don't you see... the story doesn't add up. Also, I only found two reporters who interviewed him. Not six.

link please.
    But persons impersonating both FBI officials and US diplomatic officials do add up...

If it were impersonators, then the kid would be flying home now. Since the impersonators are the ones that claim he's on a no-fly list.

Oh, and here's the link/quote:

Why do only six sites say that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also...

If he isn't free to go to the harbor, it's the Kuwaitis not allowing him to travel. Not the USA.
    The Kuwaitis want to deport him. The US don't want to take their own citizen back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great opportunity to dust off this one from 10/03/10

I wonder if <victim> were <improbable cir stance> to <cause my incredibly stupid position to be valid>.
    And a link for prosperity http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthre...=163120&page=2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An American teenager who was detained for several weeks in Kuwait and placed on an American no-fly list landed Friday morning at Dulles International Airport, where he was briefly questioned by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and then released to his family.

A lawyer for the 19-year-old Somali-American, Gulet Mohamed, said that F.B.I. agents talked to Mr. Mohamed shortly after he stepped off the plane, and eventually allowed him to pass through immigration and customs checkpoints.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/22/us...ml?_r=1&ref=us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have any facts been released as to what they believed he was up to in Yemen or Samolia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call those facts, but no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "believed he was up to in Yemen or Samolia"

I'm sure they won't say, because they denied an unindicted/unconvicted citizen entry to USA because they didn't "like" where he was going. That's how a "nation of laws" rolls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know there was a seaport at Dulles...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It must have been a very fast boat.

Thread Information