Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs would trade away a player to a likely finals opponent.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Eric Pincus I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers made a very minor trade - but I'm not really expecting much of anything
    only option there for the exception is DeJuan Blair - don't know the asking price from San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs would trade away a player to a likely finals opponent.
    I said this in another thread: You're supposed to trade for something, not trade something away. If you like what you're getting back so much that you think it's more useful than what you're giving up, you should do the trade. If the Spurs believe a pick is more valuable than Blair, it means that their opinion of Blair is really that low. If that's the case, it shouldn't matter who picks him up. If Blair is good enough to beat the Spurs, he's good enough to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They "did." But there's a cut off on the day before the draft where teams are not allowed to trade their actual picks. Any time you hear about a team trading a pick on draft night it's actually misleading. The team is just agreeing to draft a player for another team and trade that player's rights for an agreed-upon package. That's why the Pacers are considered the team that drafted Leonard even though they almost certainly would not have if the trade didn't happen.

Keep in mind, though, that this loophole isn't what allows Miami to trade Philadelphia's pick. A team can always trade away their first for the upcoming draft, so long as they have a first in the following draft. So even if the Heat had traded their pick before draft night, they would still have been able to move this pick now. The rule prohibiting teams from trading consecutive picks is agnostic to past seasons.

For example, the Spurs can trade their first for this season even though they traded last season's first (the actual pick). But they can't trade away this year's pick AND next year's pick. They can, however, trade next year's pick along with the rights to whatever player they draft with this year's pick on or after draft night.
    Understand now. You clearly know your stuff on the subject.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's amazing what little research these professional writers do when they go on a national type stage
    I bet if Blair was shown this he'd laugh his ass off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you referring to Parker and Paul on the court or Lil Wayne off the court?
    LOl. Lil' Wayne deserves to be banned. He declasses the joint up. That Irving crossover should be a fine-able offense, it was just nasty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I think you're smoking crack on that one. I can't see anyone giving up a 1st for him...even the 30th pick. Best case I see is a middle 2nd rounder. But then again, I don't overrate Blair. And there might be some GM that foolishly does (I'm looking at you Toronto/Charlotte/Washington). That could change everything.
    I said "best case scenerio", not, "realistic, likely scenerio".

You understand what that means, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ all the homerism in here. Blair doesn't have a lot of value other than his cheap contract, if he wouldn't go for a first last year--he's definitely not going for one this year with even less contract.

James Jones or Dexter Pittman are probably the only realistic trades. If the Heat were willing to give a 1st, they'd have did it last year/preseason. The best thing James Jones would do is give insurance if Jack is traded or if he's ice cold in the playoffs. Then everyone else can play their natural positions rather than doing stuff like Manu/Danny at the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair has been , but I would rather keep him than giving him to a contender for nothing in return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said "best case scenerio", not, "realistic, likely scenerio".

You understand what that means, right?
    Sure, I know what you mean. I just don't think it's even a possible scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, I know what you mean. I just don't think it's even a possible scenario.
    I think it is, though it'd take a desperate team, AND Blair playing better (or getting "showcased" against scrub teams),. . .but I could see the possibilitty of getting a 28-30 pick from say the Heat. They barely have any rebounders besides LeBron and Bosh. There's Haslem and Wade, but they only get about 5 a game. Everyone else barely gets any. It isn't like Joel Anthony is lighting it up as a C. He sucks.

But like I said, that's best case scenerio to get a late first rounder. Most likely we'd probably just get James Jones and their 2nd rounder if we traded with them. Either way, Blair will be traded, and I'm sure they're looking for the best draft pick(s) they can get.

We'll see what happens.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jezzz.
    how can you see the 28-30 from the Heat treaded to the Spurs, when this pick has already been traded to the Cavs????
    your best case scenario includes a total revamp of the CBA trade rules within the next two days?
    wake up! you totally got lost on your trip.

Thread Information